RAvirani

11/9 Coverage Map Update

Changed device to S8+, checked voice - no VoLTE showing

A far amount of LTE extended in sparce parts of Ohio.  Now is that AT&T or T-Mobile?

2 hours ago, dkyeager said:

A far amount of LTE extended in sparce parts of Ohio.  Now is that AT&T or T-Mobile?

T-Mobile. 

13 hours ago, dkyeager said:

AT&T roaming will be gray since it is not extended service. Remember extended means data use is counted as native, it does not count against your roaming cap.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dkyeager said:

I can’t find VoLTE on the coverage map...where are you seeing that?

2 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I think he was just saying the map didn't show VoLTE. As far as I know, that is not a feature being shown on the coverage maps.

3 hours ago, RAvirani said:

57 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I think he was just saying the map didn't show VoLTE. As far as I know, that is not a feature being shown on the coverage maps.

Correct, just noting that VoLTE is not being shown despite its footprint being much smaller that 1x800 CDMA.

HTC U11 only showed 3G for data. Hmmmm . . .

HTC U11 only showed 3G for data. Hmmmm . . .
Certainly a bug :D

Well, all I can say is WOW!!  This something that I've been waiting for for many years!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• as of today band 25 being reduced on Sprint side, EARFCN 8321 is 5 MHz vs 8290 10 MHz here in LES. But when I forced roam to T-mobile it still 10 MHz band 2 EARFCN 750.
    • I sent mine back a few weeks ago. My power went out for 2 seconds and it went back to search mode. If the pebble gets disconnected from power for any amount of time, it needs to be completely re-configured. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I have wifi calling so I get phone calls and if I don't get texts,....depending on who it is from that's actually a bonus.
    • Just did some quick adding and 70% of the US population is in the largest 114 US MSAs. If Dish covered every MSA above 475k population (so, everything from Lafayette, LA on up), and service stopped completely outside MSA borders, they'd hit their 70%. That's while covering none of places as large as Reno, NV. Oh, and if you cover the San Juan, PR MSA, you can just hit the top 110 other MSAs, down to Pensacola, FL (so, everything with >= 500k population). Now, I fully expect Dish to omit some MSAs in the top 114 in favor of others that are closer to their footprint, or have more Boost Mobile user concentration, but this isn't a ridiculously huge lift...and is why Dish is saying they'll be building out only 15k cell sites by 2023...and they'll have help from T-Mobile as TMo casts off a bunch of redundant sites, many of which would love to immediately get a new tenant.
    • Thing is, building a coverage focused network to cover 70% of the US population using 600 isn't *that* expensive. It's the capacity play that's expensive. You need capacity if you have a ton of customers, which 10MM isn't. Alltel had 12 million customers when Verizon bought them, and covered a larger area than Dish will need to. If you spend $5 billion building a network for, say, 15 million customers, and don't have to subsidize those customers, that's not a huge outlay in the scheme of things.