New iPad Pro's (2018)

RedSpark

New iPad Pro's were released this week (11 inch and 12.9 inch): https://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/

According to the Tech Specs (https://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/specs/:

All models

Wi‑Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); simultaneous dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO

Bluetooth 5.0 technology

Wi-Fi + Cellular models

UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC‑HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

Gigabit-class LTE (Models A2013 and A2014: bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 29, 30, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 66, 71) 4

Data only 5

Wi-Fi calling 4

eSIM 6

No longer has support for CDMA EV‑DO Rev. A and Rev. B.

Gigabit-class LTE support is nice.

eSIM is nice.

I wonder if these also support HPUE on Sprint.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By danlodish345
      hello i am here to start a htread for the ipad 9.7 inch 2017 edition
    • By RedSpark
      See: https://www.sprint.com/landings/iphone-ipad-bundle/

Sprint just announced a new offer that bundles together the iPhone and iPad and waives the monthly cost of a 16GB iPad mini 3 when both are leased through the iPhone/iPad for Life program and a 2GB data plan is purchased for the tablet.

So: A 16GB iPhone 6 on Sprint’s $50 Simply Unlimited plan and a 16GB iPad mini 3 with a $30 2GB data plan will run $100 per month after the iPad’s monthly lease rate is erased in the form of a $17 monthly service credit.

The bundle deal is fully customizable with the iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2, as well as 64GB and 128GB models of all four Apple devices, available at an incrementally higher cost.
    • By burnout8488
      Share your experiences!

Just ordered my cellular model from Best Buy as soon as "Add to Cart" became available on their website this morning. Should be at my store later this week.

What's everyone seeing as far as Sprint plan options on the cellular model? Screenshots?
    • By snowmobiler487
      It would be nice if something similar to this would be an option for phone service for everyone that uses multiple providers.

http://www.apple.com/ipad-air-2/wireless/ See the "One sim. Many options." section.
    • By nobius
      Linky

"We still have a lot to cover" is what the invite (picture below) says.  New iPad 5 is expected, but people aren't sure about whether the iPad mini will go Retina or not.  Updated desktop Macs are also likely.

I personally hope that the iPad mini goes Retina and that it and the regular iPad both get Touch ID.

• Ah, I see.  Thanks for those details! It is great to see some posts on this subject.
    • I was reading the FCC filing for the Pixel 6 yesterday and saw that it included n258 - I was wondering what that was. That will be my next phone so nice to know it will support this new spectrum. 
    • The decommissioning of Sprint sites has started, the optimistic worrying starts about which sites they will keep and convert. Only 2 out of the 3 B41 sectors are on Cellmapper, and 0 B25/26 sectors. I think another site near me also got turned off/decom'd, but I haven't checked it yet. I guess its time to start paying more attention to Sprint sites... Link to street view of the site via Google Maps ,  Link to the site in Cellmapper . Nov 2020 view: Pic of the empty top and poles on the side of the building removed, taken 2 days ago:
    • Haven't gone anywhere yet, so I can't speak to benefits.  My issue was that I was out on Monday morning and it appears that T-Mobile has turned off several Sprint towers near me.  I was sitting in a parking lot near Landmark Mall on -118 dBm Band 25 because two of the sites I used to connect to there were apparently not running, so data would barely move.  This is in addition to my home site which has been off for several weeks, but that wasn't an issue because I don't use wireless data at home.  But if they're starting to turn off Sprint sites and leave holes, then there's really no alternative. So far, I've only seen T-Mobile, but that makes sense since I've only been home and my home site is gone on Sprint, so the site I had been connecting to was a lot weaker.  I'll have to see when I'm out and about, possibly this weekend. When ROAMAHOME came out, I had that removed and blocked from my account since T-Mobile's network is so lousy, so my lines were not automatically pushed to MULTOCN.  I had to have the block removed and then MULTOCN manually added.  That's probably not typical. - Trip
    • Are you seeing a benefit from MOCN?  Is it true that MOCN is highly biased to using T-Mobile towers?  Should everyone with a non-5G phone ask for MOCN? I had the impression it was supposed to be automatic now, perhaps even without being entered explicitly.  Is this not the case?  I realize that it may take some time to draw conclusions so if you do not know yet that is fine. Thanks!