lilotimz

Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL User Thread

You can just walk into a Sprint corporate store to grab a free SIM. They will do the activation on the spot for free if you're just swapping devices and want to wait.

-Mike

Apparently, the 10w wireless charging is a Google standard. If you wish to use Qi, you're limited to 5w. The Qi standard goes up to 15w.

Why, Google, why?

• Like 1

Apparently, the 10w wireless charging is a Google standard. If you wish to use Qi, you're limited to 5w. The Qi standard goes up to 15w.

Why, Google, why?

Seems like something Apple would do.
  • Like 1

Yes, it works. You can choose between "Mobile preferred" (default) and "Wi-Fi preferred."
Does SMS and MMS work over Wi-Fi?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I am looking for more observations on this.

I believe the restriction on the Google-approved wireless chargers for charging rapidly was instituted in a software update.

Out of the box, my 3 XL was "charging rapidly" from my old generic wireless charger. I installed the update and now it's "charging slowly". Can anyone else confirm?

Can I roll back my update?

9 hours ago, mhammett said:

I am looking for more observations on this.

I believe the restriction on the Google-approved wireless chargers for charging rapidly was instituted in a software update.

Out of the box, my 3 XL was "charging rapidly" from my old generic wireless charger. I installed the update and now it's "charging slowly". Can anyone else confirm?

Can I roll back my update?

Pretty sure the issue was that it was characterizing incompatible fast wireless charging as charging fast before the update. This is because Google uses a proprietary fast charging method instead of what Samsung and others use. With the update it's showing the correct charging.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sanyo M1 said:

Pretty sure the issue was that it was characterizing incompatible fast wireless charging as charging fast before the update. This is because Google uses a proprietary fast charging method instead of what Samsung and others use. With the update it's showing the correct charging.

Was the problem in the messaging (calling it charging rapidly when it was really charging slowly) or was the problem in that Google forgot to enable the DRM in the release version?

The only real way to know is a screenshot of a battery management app before the update showing what the charge rate actually is when "charging rapidly".

Anyone else seeing issues with their Pixel 3 XL intermittently connecting to WiFi calling? Any insight on if the VOLTE feature will come to the phone?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Anyone else seeing issues with their Pixel 3 XL intermittently connecting to WiFi calling? Any insight on if the VOLTE feature will come to the phone?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mine is set to mobile preferred, but connects to wifi calling fairly consistently where I do not have a solid mobile signal. It's one of my favorite features, works great. If you set to wifi preferred, it will almost always use wifi when available.

-Mike
  • Like 1

Mine is set to mobile preferred, but connects to wifi calling fairly consistently where I do not have a solid mobile signal. It's one of my favorite features, works great. If you set to wifi preferred, it will almost always use wifi when available.

-Mike
Does it drop the call when you move outside of wifi coverage? Or does it continue the call over LTE?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk