Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

2 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Someone on Reddit with a March 8th ship by date said that their order shipped yesterday and it's getting delivered on the 2nd of March. If only we were all so lucky. 

I have a feeling they will be getting shipped no later than Monday, possibly tomorrow.

1 hour ago, mmark27 said:

What's this bullscheeyte about Samsung is out of Galaxy Buds already and will issue vouchers. Maaan, that's wildly disappointing. Maybe they've already counted ours? I doubt it. 

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s10-pre-orders-galaxy-buds-960768/

If you've already pre-ordered, you're getting them. New pre-orders don't have them included. Samsung did say it was a "while supplies last" type of thing. The good news is, they'll give you a $130 voucher instead which (hopefully) means you'll be able to get the earbuds at a later date when they're back in stock. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

If you've already pre-ordered, you're getting them. New pre-orders don't have them included. Samsung did say it was a "while supplies last" type of thing. The good news is, they'll give you a $130 voucher instead which (hopefully) means you'll be able to get the earbuds at a later date when they're back in stock. 

Plus early pre-orders should be fine.

6 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Another update, the cancel order button on my order is gone now. Hopefully it ships tomorrow and I'll receive it by Monday!

It'll do the thing where the shipping number shows up but it takes 72 hours to actually show up on the shipper's site. Pre-shipment. 😂 Man, do I hate that, such hope and anticipation. I'm refreshing mine regularly as well. 

• Haha 1

I went to cancel my a right after i placed the order because I didn't use the reserve link from my email. Samsung then offered me $100 off to keep my order. I canceled anyway. After placing the order correctly I went to cancel it and got the $100 off offer again but accepted it this time. 

17 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

I went to cancel my a right after i placed the order because I didn't use the reserve link from my email. Samsung then offered me $100 off to keep my order. I canceled anyway. After placing the order correctly I went to cancel it and got the $100 off offer again but accepted it this time. 

How did you go about getting the $100 off, did you just try to cancel the pre order after paying or before paying? I already ordered mine off Sprint's site, but I'd order it directly from Samsung if I can get another $100 off since I also did a preoder from Samsung but obviously did not pay for it.

22 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

How did you go about getting the $100 off, did you just try to cancel the pre order after paying or before paying? I already ordered mine off Sprint's site, but I'd order it directly from Samsung if I can get another $100 off since I also did a preoder from Samsung but obviously did not pay for it.

So I reserved the phone before the preorders went live. I then preordered the phone just from the Samsung website but realized I wasn't getting the $50 accessory credit and it wouldn't ship until March 8th. ( both of these were guaranteed when I first reserved). finally figured out I needed to preorder with the link they e-mailed me.  So I went to cancel the order and it asked for a reason (i forget which i used, might have been "delivery would take to long" or something like that) after i hit submit it offed me a % off max of $100. I really wanted the accessory credit so I went through with the cancellation in hopes that I could also get the $100 off if I went to cancel again. I reordered the correct way and went to cancel again and it offered me the $100 off so I accepted. 

At this point you will end up getting the phone much later and not getting your headphones. I also used Samsung financing so it might be different if you use your Sprint account to get the device. But I did order a Sprint Model. 

edit: I am also hoping this doesn't effect my order. I just checked and I still have the option to cancel the order and don't have any tracking. I know some orders have tracking and can't be canceled anymore. 

• Like 1

When they print the label, its marked as shipped.  So I highly doubt anything will actually leave the warehouse today.  My guess is that next week monday, tuesday at the latest to see any updates on tracking other than "label created".

1 hour ago, mirskyc said:

So I reserved the phone before the preorders went live. I then preordered the phone just from the Samsung website but realized I wasn't getting the $50 accessory credit and it wouldn't ship until March 8th. ( both of these were guaranteed when I first reserved). finally figured out I needed to preorder with the link they e-mailed me.  So I went to cancel the order and it asked for a reason (i forget which i used, might have been "delivery would take to long" or something like that) after i hit submit it offed me a % off max of $100. I really wanted the accessory credit so I went through with the cancellation in hopes that I could also get the $100 off if I went to cancel again. I reordered the correct way and went to cancel again and it offered me the $100 off so I accepted. 

At this point you will end up getting the phone much later and not getting your headphones. I also used Samsung financing so it might be different if you use your Sprint account to get the device. But I did order a Sprint Model. 

edit: I am also hoping this doesn't effect my order. I just checked and I still have the option to cancel the order and don't have any tracking. I know some orders have tracking and can't be canceled anymore. 

I think I'll leave my Sprint pre order alone and keep it..

38 minutes ago, themuffinman said:

When they print the label, its marked as shipped.  So I highly doubt anything will actually leave the warehouse today.  My guess is that next week monday, tuesday at the latest to see any updates on tracking other than "label created".

Mine is still pending so who knows.

@lilotimz Do you know if we will need a new SIM for the Galaxy S10+ Unlocked model?  Last year, I had to get a new SIM card for the Unlocked GS9+ and your table was very helpful.  

20 minutes ago, optimummind said:

@lilotimz Do you know if we will need a new SIM for the Galaxy S10+ Unlocked model?  Last year, I had to get a new SIM card for the Unlocked GS9+ and your table was very helpful.  

Pretty sure new phones come with new Sims, I know my s9 did.

1 minute ago, BlueAngel said:

Pretty sure new phones come with new Sims, I know my s9 did.

Both my Unlocked GS8+ and Unlocked GS9+ came with no SIM card.  Each time so far I've had to purchase a new compatible SIM card.  Sprint S7 Edge SIM didn't work in the Unlocked GS8+ and SIM card from Unlocked GS8+ didn't work with Unlocked GS9+.  Sprint makes life unnecessarily more difficult when it comes to SIM cards.

3 minutes ago, optimummind said:

Both my Unlocked GS8+ and Unlocked GS9+ came with no SIM card.  Each time so far I've had to purchase a new compatible SIM card.  Sprint S7 Edge SIM didn't work in the Unlocked GS8+ and SIM card from Unlocked GS8+ didn't work with Unlocked GS9+.  Sprint makes life unnecessarily more difficult when it comes to SIM cards.

I've never dealt with a new unlocked device, always went with Sprint branded devices and they come with Sims.

I see at Best Buy they have the S10+ $100 cheaper than Sprint or direct from Samsung. They are also offering the same trade-in values as Samsung. I would get $300 for my S8+. It says on Best Buy's website that the trade credit would be given as a gift card. Does anyone know if the gift card can be used toward the cost of the phone? It would only be $600 for an S10+ if that's the case ($25 a month). If I can't use it toward the phone, then it's useless to me as I don't need anything else at the moment. 

5 hours ago, Galaxyguy said:

I see at Best Buy they have the S10+ $100 cheaper than Sprint or direct from Samsung. They are also offering the same trade-in values as Samsung. I would get $300 for my S8+. It says on Best Buy's website that the trade credit would be given as a gift card. Does anyone know if the gift card can be used toward the cost of the phone? It would only be $600 for an S10+ if that's the case ($25 a month). If I can't use it toward the phone, then it's useless to me as I don't need anything else at the moment. 

When I traded in my Sprint-model Galaxy S7 Edge ($300) for the Unlocked Galaxy S9+ at Best Buy last year, Best Buy processed the trade-in first then applied the $300 trade-in credit immediately toward the purchase price of the Galaxy S9+.  I assume it will be the same way.

With Best Buy, though, you want to do the trade-in preorder in-store and NOT online.  Otherwise, they can't/won't process your trade-in.  That's because when you preorder the phone through Best Buy online and they send you the email telling you to pick up the phone, they charge your credit card in advance.  When you arrive in the store, they send you to the Pick-Up counter and not the Mobile counter.  And when I told them that I have a trade-in, the person at the Pick-Up counter wasn't able to process the trade-in.

When this happened to me last year, it was a BIG headache.  I had to get the store manager involved and he had to do the following to make it right:

(1) Refund my credit card first for the Online Preorder.

(2) Refund my Gift Card amounts into a Best Buy gift card.

(3) Return the Gift Certificate amount back to me.  But since the refund isn't instantaneous, I couldn't use the Gift Certificate again.

(4) Start over from the beginning at the Mobile counter and process my trade-in GS7 Edge first, re-apply my other Gift Cards, then charge my credit card.

After this shitstorm mess, I learned NOT to do a trade-in preorder online anymore at Best Buy.  Their staff, except for the manager, was incompetent and lacked communication & understanding skills.