Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

20 minutes ago, mnjeepmale said:

Where is everyone seeing the ceramic white & black? I looked on Sprint and not finding that color for the S10

On sprint the ceramic white is only available on the 512gb model and the ceramic black on the 1tb model, this is for the s10+ only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clbowens said:

Does anyone thing the S10's will ship earlier than 3/6?

Most likely I know my S9+ shipped earlier I had it two days before the official launch.

1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

I think they were referring to the pressure sensitive home buttons on the S8 and S9.

At gotcha.

18 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

What are the terms on the free Galaxy Buds? The spec sheet I read make it sound confusing, like you HAVE to open a new line to get them? I thought there was a page on it during the Priority Access portion. Anyone remember what it says or screen shot it??

My account is currently not as "awesome" as I believed yesterday. Whatever they "fixed" actually borked my whole account and charged me ETFs immediately on ALL my lines! So I'm STILL trying to get this all reversed, but they ensure me that I'll get it all waived and get my pre-orders. We will see. 

My email says for those who pre-order get the buds you have until 4/4 to claim the offer.

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 2

Samsung's website allows you to apply the $750 free second device to any S10, not just the E, unfortunately Sprint only allows it on the S10e and I'm on SWAC so I can't upgrade on Samsung's site.  I wish Sprint would offer the same promo.

49 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Samsung's website allows you to apply the $750 free second device to any S10, not just the E, unfortunately Sprint only allows it on the S10e and I'm on SWAC so I can't upgrade on Samsung's site.  I wish Sprint would offer the same promo.

I pretty sure they do offer it, you just have to pay the difference of you want the more expensive device. 

Dear sweet 8 pound, 6 ounce little baby Jesus, my pre-orders are finally complete and account fixed. Serious hassle that was created by the Sprint executive team trying to do a nice thing for me, but ultimately she worked very hard to fix it and make it right.

What the heck are you guys going to do with 512 giggles of storage on your phones?? I'm getting the 128 GB and with my 256 GB SD card, I can't imagine what else I could/would store on there??

23 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

Dear sweet 8 pound, 6 ounce little baby Jesus, my pre-orders are finally complete and account fixed. Serious hassle that was created by the Sprint executive team trying to do a nice thing for me, but ultimately she worked very hard to fix it and make it right.

What the heck are you guys going to do with 512 giggles of storage on your phones?? I'm getting the 128 GB and with my 256 GB SD card, I can't imagine what else I could/would store on there??

128GB on a phone is fine, I'm getting along just fine with 64GB right now. All pictures and videos go onto my SD Card so I never run out of space.

If I were to get the unlocked S10 instead of the Sprint branded S10, would I lose anything? For instance on AT&T the unlocked model doesn't get wifi calling or VoLTE; you have to get the branded model. I don't want to miss out on anything like upload carrier aggregation or something random by getting the  unlocked model. I know unlocked models receive updates last because Samsung waits for all the carrier versions to get updated before updating the unlocked model.  How was the unlocked S9 vs the Sprint S9?

2 hours ago, avb said:

If I were to get the unlocked S10 instead of the Sprint branded S10, would I lose anything? For instance on AT&T the unlocked model doesn't get wifi calling or VoLTE; you have to get the branded model. I don't want to miss out on anything like upload carrier aggregation or something random by getting the  unlocked model. I know unlocked models receive updates last because Samsung waits for all the carrier versions to get updated before updating the unlocked model.  How was the unlocked S9 vs the Sprint S9?

The unlocked model of the S9+ had WiFi calling so I can only assume that the unlocked model of the S10 will have it too. Unfortunately we don't know if it'll have VoLTE since the S9 on Sprint doesn't have VoLTE yet but I really am hoping it will. Otherwise, no you don't miss anything from the Sprint branded model. Sprint visual voicemail works on the unlocked model and so does My Sprint.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 12:00 PM, mmark27 said:

As for me, I'm only getting the 512GB model for the Ceramic White color option.  I played around with the demo phones at Best Buy and Prism White was worse IRL than I expected.  

42 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

So I'm curious as to when these phones will actually ship, my status says March 6th but I know last year with the S9+, I think it shipped out on the 5th. Wouldn't mind getting it a few days early like last year.

My guess is that phones will ship around the 5th or the 6th with most of us taking delivery on the 7th, the day before the official release.

• Like 1

Pretty good camera review of the S9+ vs. S10+. The guy is a little weird, but he talks a lot of specs, colors, and depth. They're pretty close, which isn't that surprising considering it's mainly the same hardware outside of the new wide angle lens on the S10+. Good tip in there about the HDR10+ video and sharing though, something I didn't think about. 

• Like 1

Also the ability to buy screen protectors from Samsung themselves is awesome. I usually don't use screen protectors and instead choose to live with microscratches that I can only see off-axis but for this phone I think a screen protector might be necessary.

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

https://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s10

Pre-installed screen protector on all models!

Correction - S10 and S10+ only, not the S10e.

Edit: Though, in fairness there it only matters on the top 2 models as the S10e doesn't have the in-screen fingerprint reader.  Still, as screen protectors are a more general item of concern for many its still an important distinction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

Also the ability to buy screen protectors from Samsung themselves is awesome. I usually don't use screen protectors and instead choose to live with microscratches that I can only see off-axis but for this phone I think a screen protector might be necessary.

I didn't for my S8+ and regretted it, in my line of work I need protection and I scratched the screen pretty bad on hardened joint compound, could never un-see it at that point, there was a physical lip on the scratch. My S9+ I got a case that has a built in protector and my phone is mint a year later plus it has been dropped a lot and so far so good. So I'm really glad they're including one from the factory, now I can finally order a case and not worry.

Edited by BlueAngel