xdfgf

Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

Does anyone know what AppCloud is?  I just had that install itself on my S10.

Anyone having problems updating the YouTube app on your phone?  My update gets to about 50% download then stops.  I've tried clearing the data for the Google store app and restarting my phone.

2.1!!
ce96327b9794cbf4eb287fc53cfc1fde.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

New update this morning.. though it keeps the same April security level. Maybe modem update?

2.1!!
ce96327b9794cbf4eb287fc53cfc1fde.jpg

April update? My S10+ got the May update

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Could be worse. My LG V50 still on January.

Yeah, can anybody figure out what this update does?!

Could be worse. My LG V50 still on January.
Gross

• Like 1

Gross

Well it is LG

The May security update is out.

• Like 2

1) Has anyone here been switched over to the T-Mobile network as their primary like the S20 users?

2) Has anyone had any issues with getting the Samsung Band Selector app to function now (it did work previously)?

I am just trying to see what T-Mobile is doing with Sprint phones, which appears to be without users permissions.  Fine if you like in an area with great T-Mobile service.  Not so good if t-Mobile is mediocre where you need it while Sprint is great or you have a very functional Magicbox or Airave.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• I just built this PoE and USB 3 upgraded WG3526 with an LM960 in it today   I am testing it on the two Kathrein antenna I put on my TrashMonster™ tower. It works great so far. I use 3 foot of LMR400 7/16 DIN male to SMA male. The cards are pretty on par with each other. They both get lots of aggregation combos, the Quectel is Eng samples only and the LM960 is on production revision 2, model A18 now. IMEI manipulation is more for Quectel if you need that for your plan, Telit I haven't figured that part out yet. The 960 is mPCIe so no adapters for most embedded router slots, the EM20 is M.2 so unless you get one of those fancy new routers I mentioned above you need an adapter. What other questions do you have for me?
    • How do you get your Verizon SIM to connect to LTE without active service? Mine will only connect to CDMA.       Pixel 2 can do NSG, but Pixels require a licensed/pay copy of NSG to band lock. Other phones supposedly don't. Google disables Qualcomm diagnostic mode, so NSG has to jump through some hoops to get it working. On the 4 they don't even include the driver for it, and you have to flash the userdebug vendor image every month. Pixels are fantastic for NSG and logging, except if you need to band lock and don't have a license. No other way to lock bands.   A lot of people in the NSG community really like one plus phones. They support a lot of bands, and play well with NSG. But I'm not sure how good Sprint support is with their older models (ie CDMA).   If band locking isn't super important to you, you could get a Pixel 3a since they're on sale. They support dual SIM, so you can log on two networks at once with Cellmapper. SCP doesn't support dual SIM yet, and seems to report data for the active data SIM. Neighbors will show both SIMs though usually.   Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk      
    • I use NSG SCP and Cellmapper on a bootloader unlocked rooted moto g7 power unlocked. New for $179 on Amazon (many models but can give a link if needed). Used on T-Mobile and AT&T. ..
    • Wifi calling uses your internet connection to route just the the call, not SMS or MMS (thanks Sprint....). VoLTE uses the carrier's LTE data connection to route the call and allows for SMS and MMS at the same time. When on a wifi call, you can still receive SMS and MMS but not if you have a shit cell signal (doesn't even matter if you are on a call or not, with a shit signal you will still have trouble anyway). The Pebble is used to boost your cell signal so your SMS and MMS will be more reliable (and your LTE data connection). For actual internet use, you are correct, you can just use your wifi.   Femtocell for the Home For the consumer, Femtocells can be used to transform an already existing internet connection into useable cellular service. It may sound counter-intuitive, but there are many people in the United States who have access to high-speed broadband but who are unable to make phone calls from anywhere inside their home, and for people facing that situation, femtocell technology may be their best option. Here’s why: Femtocells operate like a tiny cellular base station, literally tiny, at about the size of a cordless phone’s base station, and can be easily attached to your home internet network modem. The Femtocell then transforms your home broadband connection into a usable cellular signal that can be used to make phone calls and send and receive SMS text messages. In a scenario like this, a femtocell system may be the absolute best option, especially for consumers who are unable to utilize Wi-Fi calling with their current contacts and cellular provider. Most individuals, especially those who run a small business from their home, still require a reliable cellular signal in order to handle their affairs, and a Femtocell network can provide 5 bar connectivity from anywhere within the home. Unfortunately, this cellular connectivity does come at a cost. Because the Femtocell uses the existing broadband to create the cellular signal, there can be a noticeable loss of broadband speed in certain situations where phone calls and web browsing (especially uploading or downloading) behavior is occurring simultaneously. However, if your home office broadband connection is currently 50 Mbps or faster, then your internet connection should remain perfectly steady, even if you decide to use both at the same time.