Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

2 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

The Galaxy S10 5G will work on Sprint!!!!

I couldn't care less about 5g as of right now but that 6.7" screen and 4500mah battery though, thats something to be excited about.

https://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-brings-great-network-at-great-price-to-next-generation-samsung-galaxy-phones.htm

It says you can get Priority Status for pre-ordering (which starts tonight at midnight eastern) by going into the My Sprint app.  But I don't see anything about that in my app.

1 minute ago, clbowens said:

https://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-brings-great-network-at-great-price-to-next-generation-samsung-galaxy-phones.htm

It says you can get Priority Status for pre-ordering (which starts tonight at midnight) by going into the My Sprint app.  But I don't see anything about that in my app.

yeah, I'm DM'ing with @sprintcare now on twitter to see if we can pre-order before the 3/1/19 eligibility date. Free Galaxy Buds is a nice perk. 

4 minutes ago, clbowens said:

It says you can get Priority Status for pre-ordering (which starts tonight at midnight eastern) by going into the My Sprint app.  But I don't see anything about that in my app.

Oh, now I see it in there!  And done!

3 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/samsung/galaxy-s10.html?ECID=Vanity:gs10

Landing page is a bit flaky, but Flamingo Pink is a listed color for all models. Have not seen that in the leaks. Perhaps the wife will like that. Has the purple S9 now. 

They didn't have that color in the Priority Status.

Just now, mmark27 said:

Where is this priority status? do you have hit upgrade or something?

When I signed into the My Sprint app (I am already eligible for an upgrade), in that blue upgrade bar that would show up, that changed to say something about Priority Status.  I hit that and when through the process.  It said I should get an app alert when the preorder is ready.

25 minutes ago, clbowens said:

When I signed into the My Sprint app (I am already eligible for an upgrade), in that blue upgrade bar that would show up, that changed to say something about Priority Status.  I hit that and when through the process.  It said I should get an app alert when the preorder is ready.

Got the Sprint Corporate team to reset my eligibility a month earlier so I can pre-order safely before 3/1 to get it on 3/8. Noice. Though I'm betting that even preordered on 3/1 would likely still arrive by 3/8.  

17 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

HERE HE COMES AROUND....ha ha

Yeah kinda the itch cant be scratched, I am hoping since I am due on 3/1 I can actually pre-order it though. I hit the reserve button so here's hoping it works. Prism White 128GB... I'm assuming it will go through I doubt it would if I wasn't eligible.

Edited by BlueAngel

1 hour ago, mmark27 said:

Got the Sprint Corporate team to reset my eligibility a month earlier so I can pre-order safely before 3/1 to get it on 3/8. Noice. Though I'm betting that even preordered on 3/1 would likely still arrive by 3/8.  

How did you do that? the sprint care reps on twitter are slow and not helping.

Got to play with the GS10, feels awesome in the hand. The screen looks like it's that much closer to the glass. Phone always feels epically smooth as expected. Cutout did not bother me one bit in person.

Ceramic black looks awesome! 

Unfortunately they didn't have the 5G model on display. 

Here are some shots I took..

http://imgur.com/gallery/2gRdnpw

Now that I've gotten over the initial hype, I'm trying to decide if i should wait for the 5G variant or if i should just get the S10+. How much of a difference will that 4th depth sensing camera make? It's too bad the release date is listed as 1H 2019. I don't know if I want to wait potentially until June for it.

Eh i'm passing on this, Sprint can shove it. Going to Verizon as soon as my phones are paid off, they don't want to work with me over 10 days? Loyal customer since 2012 never missed a payment, always paid in full and before the bill was due. But whatever I didn't like this phone much anyways this just gives me more incentive to leave them once and for all.

Edited by BlueAngel

15 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Just did preorder on GS10+ 512GB+12GB in ceramic white..

Lwzr2L3.jpg

Congrats!  I will be real curious if the ceramic case helps or hurts signal strength.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Eh i'm passing on this, Sprint can shove it. Going to Verizon as soon as my phones are paid off, they don't want to work with me over 10 days? Loyal customer since 2012 never missed a payment, always paid in full and before the bill was due. But whatever I didn't like this phone much anyways this just gives me more incentive to leave them once and for all.

Anyone can upgrade early, just pay the unpaid months.