Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

I'm on unlocked.  Connected to B41 and B26 without any issues.  Seeing speeds over 250Mbps.  My S10+ loves to camp on B26.  Roaming on B2 and B4 just fine.

Defective s10 phone?  Looking for more testers.  Simply disable CA through the dialer code.  Very preliminary results are good. The theory is that the unlocked phones have not had the same degree of issues as the Sprint branded S10s.  Besides bloatware, a difference is the Sprint branded have far more CA options than the unlocked.

Please report back with your results. Note that there may be more than one issue.

Defective s10 phone?  Looking for more testers.  Simply disable CA through the dialer code.  Very preliminary results are good. The theory is that the unlocked phones have not had the same degree of issues as the Sprint branded S10s.  Besides bloatware, a difference is the Sprint branded have far more CA options than the unlocked.
Please report back with your results. Note that there may be more than one issue.
Sprint branded s10 plus, all ca off and no issues yet.

Sprint ordered me a new replacement phone, delivered on Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This possible solution just had a failure around the time a phone call was attempted. We previously had tried disabling VoLTE with no success.   Still testing to see if it resolves data issues.

Their have been several more failures for the same person who is also testing QAMs turned off now and already had VoLTE and WiFi calling off.  No other reports back one way or the other by others.  T

Personally, Samsung may have just been too desperate to get this phone out early.  Parts may not have been tested well enough. Software issues also likely.  The question is whether the issue continues.  Know to affect at least some early orders.

I'm not experiencing any issues but it looks like the issues that some of you are experiencing isn't happening only on Sprint. There are people on other carriers experiencing the same thing but for whatever reason the issue is still mostly occurring on Sprint.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 2:23 PM, dkyeager said:

Their have been several more failures for the same person who is also testing QAMs turned off now and already had VoLTE and WiFi calling off.  No other reports back one way or the other by others.  T

Personally, Samsung may have just been too desperate to get this phone out early.  Parts may not have been tested well enough. Software issues also likely.  The question is whether the issue continues.  Know to affect at least some early orders.

It turns out that not all of the QAM issues were tried.  Much better luck so far today with:

VoLTE disabled

CA disabled

256QAM download disabled

64QAM upload  disabled

If this is successful, then we will enable VoLTE then on another day enable CA

credit QAM issues to UPdownLoAD

*** this ultimately failed

exchange appears to be the best method at this time

Edited by dkyeager

I'm starting to notice some lag issues in some areas.  Particularly, after unlocking those phone.  I can tell after I fingerprint unlock, the screen lags a little transitioning to the home screen.

This is after a partition wipe and data clean.

Anybody else noticing lag where they didn't have lag before?

I started having problems with my Sprint Branded GS10+ after the recent update. I have little to no upload. Download is a fraction of the speeds of my Essential PH-1 on a 1 year free line. I've try toggling VoLTE on and off and it kind works. Jitter on Speed tests are insanely high. Please let me know what to test in the settings. 

6 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Try ##72786#.

Forgot to mention I've done that and ##update# and it doesn't help. Only thing I haven't done yet is a full factory reset and for obvious reasons I'm trying to avoid it at all cost.

42 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Forgot to mention I've done that and ##update# and it doesn't help. Only thing I haven't done yet is a full factory reset and for obvious reasons I'm trying to avoid it at all cost.

Strange, I remember having similar issues with my Note 5 a few years back, the problem eventually fixed itself. I went through two replacements to no avail and then one day things were back to normal.

Anyone else not receive their galaxy buds yet?  My ship date moved from the week of march 25th to the week of april 1st, I registered for the promo on 3/7.

5 hours ago, mirskyc said:

I have not been able to come up with anything solid.  Exchange seems to be the best option, especially in the 14 day trial period.  Others have had luck with various items, but these may point to other issues (new SIM cards, different overall network setting done through hidden menu, and the ones above have helped for some (but no cure)).  Strikes me as a hardware and software/network quality control issue.  I would recommend insurance for this phone until the issues are resolved  -- it will likely reduce the grief when exchanging.

28 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

I have not been able to come up with anything solid.  Exchange seems to be the best option, especially in the 14 day trial period.  Others have had luck with various items, but these may point to other issues (new SIM cards, different overall network setting done through hidden menu, and the ones above have helped for some (but no cure)).  Strikes me as a hardware and software/network quality control issue.  I would recommend insurance for this phone until the issues are resolved  -- it will likely reduce the grief when exchanging.

Thanks for the information. I have to contact Samsung since I purchase the phone directly through them. Its very strange since I didnt have the issue at first and now seem to be getting worse as time goes by. 

edit: this reminds me of the Clearwire B41 issue Essential Phones had. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, clbowens said:

I just noticed today that if I hold my S10 in the sun in the right angle, I can see the outline of what I believe is the fingerprint scanner under the screen.

speaking of sunlight, have you tried to wear your Galaxy Buds in the bright, warm sun yet? Whatever bud is facing the sun will make the "connected" noise (that low chime it plays when you first put it in) a lot. Apparently has to do with the proximity sensor and others report this on reddit. Super annoying. 

11 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

speaking of sunlight, have you tried to wear your Galaxy Buds in the bright, warm sun yet? Whatever bud is facing the sun will make the "connected" noise (that low chime it plays when you first put it in) a lot. Apparently has to do with the proximity sensor and others report this on reddit. Super annoying. 

Interesting.  

If you are having any data issues, try doing a profile update again. I had to disable B25 because it just wasn't working, especially on upload. After doing a profile update last night and testing it today, my phone seems much better than it had been. I had a couple data glitches but nothing like it had been. It's definitely improved. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know why B66 and B71 are NOT in the LTE band priority list under the data debugging screen?
Samsung version are not reliable for that. Not sure if they are on LG debug screen or not

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1