Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

I got my second official Samsung case for this phone. Samsung has really stepped it up in terms of case quality over the past few years. I initially had the LED cover case which I like a lot but it's not great for one handed use. I ordered the gray leather case on Wednesday evening and it arrived today. It's more of a cross between gray and brown which I prefer to an actual gray case. It's also super thin which I love. I can see myself switching between both cases a lot.

2 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

I got my second official Samsung case for this phone. Samsung has really stepped it up in terms of case quality over the past few years. I initially had the LED cover case which I like a lot but it's not great for one handed use. I ordered the gray leather case on Wednesday evening and it arrived today. It's more of a cross between gray and brown which I prefer to an actual gray case. It's also super thin which I love. I can see myself switching between both cases a lot.

I got two cases from Samsung myself - a white silicone case and the red leather case.  Both are slim and nice in their own respective ways.  

Compared to their older silicone cases, however, the cases have become thinner thus providing less drop protection.

The leather case has become thinner and slippier than before, offering a bit less grip.

But I still like them both.

I ended up returning the S10e and grabbing a S10+. Missed the screen size after coming from an iPhone XS Max. While not a fan of the curved display, a case helps mitigate some of my issues with it. Also the FPS seems better now that I've sort of figured it out. 

Went with a navy blue leather case from Samsung. I like it. Slim, feels nice in the hand and will get grippier as it ages. Pretty much no drop protection, but I haven't shattered a phone screen in probably 8 years and I normally run my phone's without a case *knock on wood*. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uecker87 said:

Also the FPS seems better now that I've sort of figured it out. 

I have read other places it works best if you register your thumbs twice, once when holding the phone and again when it's on a desk or something that it helps the recognition. Mine is light years faster since I took the screen protector off, but it should work regardless. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

I have read other places it works best if you register your thumbs twice, once when holding the phone and again when it's on a desk or something that it helps the recognition. Mine is light years faster since I took the screen protector off, but it should work regardless. 

I registered my two fingers twice, works 99% of the time now.

• Like 1

S10 5g phone looking tempting even though I probably won’t see 5g for several years.  Price seems to have been lowered from previous estimates.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/03/24/samsung-galaxy-s10-5g-release-date-galaxy-s10-plus-upgrade-camera-battery/amp/

I saw on reddit and another site that it's rumored Sprint/Samsung will be pushing an update for the mobile data issues on 3/27 (Wed). Hopefully that will solve the issues some of us have been having with slow or no data. 

4 hours ago, Galaxyguy said:

I saw on reddit and another site that it's rumored Sprint/Samsung will be pushing an update for the mobile data issues on 3/27 (Wed). Hopefully that will solve the issues some of us have been having with slow or no data. 

No issues here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

No issues here.

There's plenty of us who are having issues. I have zero data on Band 25 and on Band 2 with T-mobile. It's different for everyone though. Some have no issues, some have issues like me with only one band, and others have zero connectivity. Another weird thing is I have decent download data but my upload on B41 and B26 is excruciatingly slow. There's obviously something going on with this phone. There's plenty of people complaining about it on Twitter and reddit. I just hope the software update fixes it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Galaxyguy said:

There's plenty of us who are having issues. I have zero data on Band 25 and on Band 2 with T-mobile. It's different for everyone though. Some have no issues, some have issues like me with only one band, and others have zero connectivity. Another weird thing is I have decent download data but my upload on B41 and B26 is excruciatingly slow. There's obviously something going on with this phone. There's plenty of people complaining about it on Twitter and reddit. I just hope the software update fixes it. 

I'm sure there are issues I'm just not having any, hope this update fixes everything. This phone has been phenomenal for me in every regard.

2 hours ago, jreuschl said:

Reddit users with issues are reporting the update does nothing to fix the issues.

Apparently Sprint nor Samsung has a clue what is going on then.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

What reddit thread are you looking at? The only thread I see on the https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxyS10 about it is they said it didn't work, but that also there is a Sprint network issue in their area. So unknown if it improved the constant roaming issues?  

On the Sprint forums, it's just someone relaying that there was an update to all the threads, which is annoying: https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/bd-p/Sammy 

3 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

What reddit thread are you looking at? The only thread I see on the https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxyS10 about it is they said it didn't work, but that also there is a Sprint network issue in their area. So unknown if it improved the constant roaming issues?  

On the Sprint forums, it's just someone relaying that there was an update to all the threads, which is annoying: https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/bd-p/Sammy 

That is the main thread, and there's a few more that people have made this morning from the update not helping.

FYI, I'm not having issues in Milwaukee.  Friend in Chicago is.  It sounds like it might affect some markets and not others which probably makes the diag more difficult

2 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

That is the main thread, and there's a few more that people have made this morning from the update not helping.

FYI, I'm not having issues in Milwaukee.  Friend in Chicago is.  It sounds like it might affect some markets and not others which probably makes the diag more difficult

Excellent, thank you. I'm just keeping track of this in case my parents' phones start having issues (they're in STL). They'd be very poorly equipped to deal with any of this. My phone and my wife's are fine here in Madison, no issues to report data-wise at all. 

I wonder if it has something to do with provisioning/programming the device.  You'd think if there were a bunch of defective S10s that other carriers would report the same issues and it would be big news.  I find it hard to believe that a defect only affects one or two Sprint bands in some phones.

If you do a profile update, even on mine that to this point has been fine, it takes quite a while or even fails.  My S8 or other phones would almost immediately complete a profile update.

But it is frustrating that they obviously don't know what the problem is because the update today made no difference or some think even worse!?

6 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Love how they detail nothing in this update it's just an "update".

Yeah, thats surprising considering it comes in at over 500mb.  I would expect to have a more detail overview.

The new update hasn't fixed the data issue for me. I guess I'm going to have to contact Sprint about my options. 
I'm having data and dropped calls with Sprint. I've turned volte off also.

I drop down to 1x800 and drop calls and lose LTE.

Executive services put in exchange request. Should know tomorrow...e603b8869a259d227aac190ddf96d550.jpg9c2335e3e9e4b6b6609e4c320edeb466.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jreuschl said:

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/SOLUTION-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-10-Model/ta-p/1038563

Sprint's community post has been updated, and says if you still get no data issues, then the only option is to exchange it.

Damn looks like there are some defective units out there.

• Like 1