Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

3 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

I also just realized my phone no longer connects to my magic box thats really strange.

If your phone really did just "brick" at this point, then so much for Sprint's claim that software updates would prevent this in the future.

1 hour ago, jreuschl said:

If your phone really did just "brick" at this point, then so much for Sprint's claim that software updates would prevent this in the future.

Exactly, but from what I'm seeing it's only the pre ordered ones that are experiencing these issues but I could be wrong.

Phone in hand, updating everything this shit takes forever! I can confirm this phone was 100% brand new as well, more extra chargers to go around lol.
Let us know if its working now. I want the Galaxy S10 5G but I dont want to sacrifice the great RF performance of the S9+

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Let us know if its working now. I want the Galaxy S10 5G but I dont want to sacrifice the great RF performance of the S9+

Will do, initially when I first got my 10+ the rf was far superior to my 9+, then it went downhill to the point I had to have the phone replaced.

Will do, initially when I first got my 10+ the rf was far superior to my 9+, then it went downhill to the point I had to have the phone replaced.
S9+ if anything has gotten better.

Night and day difference so far just got to work, phone is working and I had no issues streaming Spotify on the way in. 
Glad it's working for you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Are the poor signal issues fixed on the S10 plus yet? I'm getting ready to upgrade and was wondering if the problem was resolved. Coming from a S9 plus, I've never thought that it had a very strong signal. Wandering if I will be disappointed in the RF of the S10 plus.

Sounds like Samsung has made some nice improvements to the camera software in the international models (like night mode to not be a joke compared to the Pixel); hopefully that will come to the US ones starting with the June update.

1 hour ago, jreuschl said:

Sounds like Samsung has made some nice improvements to the camera software in the international models (like night mode to not be a joke compared to the Pixel); hopefully that will come to the US ones starting with the June update.

Hope so, we're due for an update any day now.

Well I switched to Verizon and got an s10, does anyone know how to get any kind of engineering screens? I can't find anything that works. Go ahead and yell at me.  

Verizon blocks all of them. The only way to get a Verizon engineering screen is to buy the unlocked S10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Verizon blocks all of them. The only way to get a Verizon engineering screen is to buy the unlocked S10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't work on the unlocked models either. Doesn't on mine

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Oh wow. That sucks. I guess only iphones can tell

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

Well that would makes sense on why I can't find them.  I wonder why they do that? 

• Like 1

Well that would makes sense on why I can't find them.  I wonder why they do that? 
Signal check pro is the closest you can get on android but you dont know what is being aggregated.

I have the S10 5G on Sprint so I can see it all.

18 hours ago, jthawks said:

It's the biggest reason why Network Enthusiasts use Sprint.  T-Mobile blocks them too.  On my Google Fi device, using the same SIM card, I can use Engineering screens when connected to Sprint and US Cellular, but not T-Mobile.  Only seconds apart.  The second it connects to T-Mobile after one of the other networks, game over.

Robert

• Like 2

It's the biggest reason why Network Enthusiasts use Sprint.  T-Mobile blocks them too.  On my Google Fi device, using the same SIM card, I can use Engineering screens when connected to Sprint and US Cellular, but not T-Mobile.  Only seconds apart.  The second it connects to T-Mobile after one of the other networks, game over.
Robert
When did they start blocking them? T-Mobile engineering used to work on my S8+ just fine.

When did they start blocking them? T-Mobile engineering used to work on my S8+ just fine.

TMO doesn't block it. It's worked fine for me when I used TMO. It works fine on att to

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

After playing with the S10 5G for 4 days I have some thoughts about network performance in comparison to the S9+.

This phone definitely has better b41 and b25 peak performance. Category 20 is flexing its muscles.

Bad news is this phone does not hold b41 or b26 as well as the S9+. It loves b25 and scans for b41 a little slower than I would like. B26 can go to 3G just by putting it in my pocket at edge of cell.

There is also something wrong with B41 on VoLTE, specifically with 5G NR on. If you turn off 5G the problem is resolved. Basically speeds on b41 go from 100mbps to 1mbps or less but it doesn't seem to happen every time but enough to notice.

Everything else about the phone is great. Especially battery life since I was charging my S9+ 2-3 times a day and it's only 16 months old.

Cameras are great and the front camera is actually a little different than the S10 plus. Its sharper. I got used to the cutout really fast and it feels lighter than my S9+ even though it has a bigger screen.

The fingerprint scanner is meh and feels very 1st gen to the point where imo they should have waited til the S11 to perfect it.

The speakers are SO LOUD! They almost drowned out my iPhone XS Max and we know that phone has very loud and deep speakers.

I have yet to test 25 watt super fast charging because the battery life is so good.

Overall it's a great device but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it because of the rf performance overall not being as good as the S9+ besides peak performance and b25. I feel like they may have spent a little more time perfecting 5G over LTE.

Side note I may be going to Atlanta tomorrow and if I do I will make sure to test some 5G! With actual engineering screens since media didn't cover that for the super nerds like us. The [emoji851]

• Like 1

Side note I may be going to Atlanta tomorrow and if I do I will make sure to test some 5G! With actual engineering screens since media didn't cover that for the super nerds like us. The [emoji851]

Please do.
  • Like 1