Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

So the S10 has VOLTE yet the S9 doesn't? 🙄

Yeah. I don't know what's stopping Sprint and Samsung from updating it to include VoLTE. I'm just glad to see that Sprint, like T-Mobile, has all carrier features available on unlocked devices unlike Verizon who blocks VoWiFi and AT&T who blocks VoLTE.

15 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Yeah. I don't know what's stopping Sprint and Samsung from updating it to include VoLTE. I'm just glad to see that Sprint, like T-Mobile, has all carrier features available on unlocked devices unlike Verizon who blocks VoWiFi and AT&T who blocks VoLTE.

Both the S8 and S9 suck in comparison to the S10 in rf performance, it's amazing the difference. I used to hit 3G here and there but not anymore. It's all LTE, finally Sprint gets a good phone.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Which makes no since. When I put a cricket Sim into a unlocked phone VOLTE worked, att nope. I didn't vzw blocked WiFi calling

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Well I pulled the trigger I got the regular S10 (prism black) instead of the + model this go around.  So far the RF experience seems to be on par with my S9+ I have really noticed much a difference yet but Sprint's service here as always been good.  VoLTE calls connect instantly and sound great!  Really digging this fingerprint scanner under the screen!    

1 hour ago, JossMan said:

Well I pulled the trigger I got the regular S10 (prism black) instead of the + model this go around.  So far the RF experience seems to be on par with my S9+ I have really noticed much a difference yet but Sprint's service here as always been good.  VoLTE calls connect instantly and sound great!  Really digging this fingerprint scanner under the screen!    

Lots of people are complaining about the fingerprint scanner.  But I think the real problem is that the scanner itself is positioned maybe a quarter inch or so too high on the screen, so many users are actually aiming slightly low so that basically half of their finger is on it and the other half is below it.  

11 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Both the S8 and S9 suck in comparison to the S10 in rf performance, it's amazing the difference. I used to hit 3G here and there but not anymore. It's all LTE, finally Sprint gets a good phone.

For me, rf performance is the same as S8

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

It probably forces roaming on TMO where necessary to preserve  LTE.

Did you check if that is the reason?

• Like 2

Haven't seen any signs of roaming.
You can tell on Samsung thru service mode or SCP on all Android devices

26 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

You can tell on Samsung thru service mode or SCP on all Android devices

Yeah I know that but I haven't see any roaming notice in the status bar. And the debug menu shows native Sprint service.

Yeah I know that but I haven't see any roaming notice in the status bar. And the debug menu shows native Sprint service.

Then your not roaming. TMobile roaming usually doesn't show a roaming icon.

Any of you experiencing your S10 dropping LTE for no reason?  Mine has done it three times while at home and I am in a area that has a good signal -99dbm or lower, my S9+ has never done this.  Kinda odd.  

3 minutes ago, clbowens said:

So far for me, the RF reception and the battery has been about the same as the S8.  

Not complaining, just an observation.

Im assuming you mean the e model or regular gs10, because from my observation gs10+ battery life is quite a bit better than my GS9+ and even better than my N9. 

• Like 1

Just now, nexgencpu said:

Im assuming you mean the e model or regular gs10, because from my observation gs10+ battery life is quite a bit better than my GS9+ and even better than my N9. 

Yes, I have the regular GS10 model.

23 minutes ago, clbowens said:

Yes, I have the regular GS10 model.

Id still expect a nice bump in battery performance taking into account GS8 battery degradation over time+ 300mAh smaller battery+less efficient processor. 

Very quick question....and PLEASE Forgive [emoji120] me if this has already been answered...

Please confirm whether or not the Samsung S10+ 512 GB Unlocked model will work on Sprint network. The reason I am asking is that on the Best Buy website and a couple of other websites, if I select the 512 GB version of the Unlocked S10+ then Sprint is Grayed Out.

The reason why I want to get an Unlocked version is that I just got married last August. My wife is on AT&T and I am on Sprint. Her contact ends next February and right now we are unsure of which Carrier we would prefer to go with.

The reason I'd prefer to get the S10+ 512 GB is that I am tired of running out of space on my Note 5 (which has No photos saved to it and only a few files [emoji417] hoping to try to keep it for 3 or 4 years if possible. Although with the way that technology keeps changing, that might not be possible.
If you all feel that I'd be better off going ahead and getting the 128 GB model Unlocked model...then go ahead and say so

I will greatly appreciate everyone's opinions

Thanks for your time and suggestions

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Very quick question....and PLEASE Forgive [emoji120] me if this has already been answered...

Please confirm whether or not the Samsung S10+ 512 GB Unlocked model will work on Sprint network. The reason I am asking is that on the Best Buy website and a couple of other websites, if I select the 512 GB version of the Unlocked S10+ then Sprint is Grayed Out.

The reason why I want to get an Unlocked version is that I just got married last August. My wife is on AT&T and I am on Sprint. Her contact ends next February and right now we are unsure of which Carrier we would prefer to go with.

The reason I'd prefer to get the S10+ 512 GB is that I am tired of running out of space on my Note 5 (which has No photos saved to it and only a few files [emoji417] hoping to try to keep it for 3 or 4 years if possible. Although with the way that technology keeps changing, that might not be possible.
If you all feel that I'd be better off going ahead and getting the 128 GB model Unlocked model...then go ahead and say so

I will greatly appreciate everyone's opinions

Thanks for your time and suggestions

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Odd yes it should work on Sprint, is not any reason it shouldn't

• Like 1