Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

17 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Started right from scratch

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Well other than that, the only other thing I can think of that would for sure kill battery like that would be if you are in are bad area and your phone is working overtime looking for or keeping a signal. 

• Like 1

Well other than that, the only other thing I can think of that would for sure kill battery like that would be if you are in are bad area and your phone is working overtime looking for or keeping a signal. 
I m .8 miles from a cell site

8 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Have you had a bad experience with spiders

Not to take this too far off topic, but yes.  I have been bit by a black widow and brown recluse.  One gave me a gnarly scar and the other made me think I was having a heart attack.  

:ot: Now let me put myself in the corner.

Not to take this too far off topic, but yes.  I have been bit by a black widow and brown recluse.  One gave me a gnarly scar and the other made me think I was having a heart attack.  
:ot: Now let me put myself in the corner.
I'm sorry to hear that. That sounds very traumatizing I'm sorry to hear that. But I did take those pictures of the spider with the wide-angle the telephoto and the regular ones all up close. Didn't mean to traumatize you.

9 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

The audio quality is fantastic

Agreed. I bought a set of the new Galaxy Buds on Amazon last week when they were in stock.  They do sound fantastic.  I only wish they supported APT-X HD for my Essential PH-1.  The proprietary format they are using sounds just as good though, so long as you use a Samsung device that is compatible.

Agreed. I bought a set of the new Galaxy Buds on Amazon last week when they were in stock.  They do sound fantastic.  I only wish they supported APT-X HD for my Essential PH-1.  The proprietary format they are using sounds just as good though, so long as you use a Samsung device that is compatible.
Yes and I love the fact that you just put them in the case and use them

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

The S10 has pretty decent battery life but not that good

Well it's quite a difference in battery capacity, I'm not mad at all though, this phone is amazing I'm purposely gonna leave it off the charger tonight. Curious if I can make it to tomorrow night lol. 69% as I am typing this.

Edited by BlueAngel

Well it's quite a difference in battery capacity, I'm not mad at all though, this phone is amazing I'm purposely gonna leave it off the charger tonight. Curious if I can make it to tomorrow night lol. 69% as I am typing this.
I'm at 86% so far. Let's see what happens lol

I took my phone off of the charger Friday night right at midnight, 1 day and 9 hours later, as I'm typing this, I'm at 52%. All this includes lots of phone calls and emails, over an hour of youtube, about 30 minutes of 4k 60fps video and lots of web browsing. 

• Like 4

I was having some serious data issues last night and did some reading. Apparently Sprint is aware of the issue. Someone posted to disable B41 and it is fixing the issue for some people. So far, that seems to be working for me. I had zero data on B25 and now it's working after disabling B41. Hopefully Sprint and Samsung can figure out what the issue is and get a patch out quickly. This is frustrating to have a new phone that I have to use neutered. 

I was having some serious data issues last night and did some reading. Apparently Sprint is aware of the issue. Someone posted to disable B41 and it is fixing the issue for some people. So far, that seems to be working for me. I had zero data on B25 and now it's working after disabling B41. Hopefully Sprint and Samsung can figure out what the issue is and get a patch out quickly. This is frustrating to have a new phone that I have to use neutered. 
My battery life is horrible745a1f2b7936957f5744d796ac5b5e0f.jpg

16 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

My battery life is horrible745a1f2b7936957f5744d796ac5b5e0f.jpg

Screen on time of 43 minutes doing various things and only dropped 10%?  I wouldn't exactly call that horrible.

Screen on time of 43 minutes doing various things and only dropped 10%?  I wouldn't exactly call that horrible.
Really? I mean I have to place it on the charger by midday. I don't do much in terms of heavy processor usage but the standby time is horrible

54 minutes ago, Galaxyguy said:

I've had spotty data for sure, but I had spotty data occasionally with my S9+. I'm betting whatever issue on this phone was the same with the S9. Hopefully they get it sorted, that would be wonderful. Also, I hope they fix WiFi calling too. It's been a little annoying with these bugs on what is overall an excellent phone. All software based, so I'm sure they'll sort them out by Christmas. 

Maybe this has been posted here, but I was reading over in Reddit about this app: 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.bxactions

It works awesome to make that Bixby button actually useful. If you follow the instructions and give it deeper access via connection to computer, it works on lock screen and such (no root needed or any funny business, just a couple adb commands). I've got mine set to sound toggle and flashlight when screen is off, and screenshot while screen is on. Also can use the in-pocket detection to make sure you don't trigger things inadvertently. Very slick app. 

1 hour ago, danlodish345 said:

Really? I mean I have to place it on the charger by midday. I don't do much in terms of heavy processor usage but the standby time is horrible

Have you tried to install something like CPU Spy to see if your phone is making it into deep sleep? I haven't used those apps in several phone generations because it hasn't been necessary. If I sit my phone down on my desk and do not touch it, it'll go to sleep, be cold to the touch, and barely use any battery percentage at all during that time. Your phone is definitely an outlier and I assume you have some sort of rouge app that's consuming up your battery. The battery stats page doesn't tell the best story there.....what does the Device Care in settings say about it? Any apps flagged for crashes?

EDIT: have you removed App Stack, Lookout, etc. all the preinstalled garbage?