Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

7 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Interesting, don't know why it didn't work for me.

It was pretty consistent for me on the s8, n8, s9, and n9.   

I forgot to mention that I got a SIM card from Best Buy so now I'm fully operational. Every Sprint store I called told me they don't have any despite the fact that I know they all do. I even called the flagship store here in NYC and they told me that they don't have any. 

In other news I'm so glad that the unlocked model got VoLTE. Also I was in Brooklyn and my S9+ was roaming while my S10+ had one bar of LTE so signal strength is definitely better on this device. 

• Like 2

The gift that keeps giving. Later in the day Sprint decided I needed three more apps like Candy Crush! Thankfully I was able to uninstall them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Screen protector is great, well done Samsung. I do have to say, this phone is a beast for rf performance, I'm at work in the basement and I haven't dropped to 3G yet, still holding onto 2-3 bars of LTE. VoLTE worked fantastic just a few minutes ago very clear.

7 hours ago, clbowens said:

For me, the RF performance is about the same as the S8.

I am seeing far better RF performance over my S9+. My work building is poorly situated for any signal, was sitting on LTE 800 if I was lucky with dBm in the -120 range. Now I'm sitting with LTE 1900 B25^2 with a signal of -101 dBm in the same spot. 

I also have had a few VoLTE calls and a few WiFi calling calls. Both were extremely clear and better than the garbage that was the Calling Plus!! Callers on the other end always said I was crackly with Calling Plus. Very pleased on this front as well. 

One side note to folks that might use eduroam WiFi networks used by college campuses and such (where I work).....the WiFi certificate setup is different than "standard" Android 9.0 on say a Pickle3. You have to go and download the cert from support.comodo.com then connect to the eduroam. No idea why Samsung did this, but that's a fact jack. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

I am seeing far better RF performance over my S9+. My work building is poorly situated for any signal, was sitting on LTE 800 if I was lucky with dBm in the -120 range. Now I'm sitting with LTE 1900 B25^2 with a signal of -101 dBm in the same spot. 

I also have had a few VoLTE calls and a few WiFi calling calls. Both were extremely clear and better than the garbage that was the Calling Plus!! Callers on the other end always said I was crackly with Calling Plus. Very pleased on this front as well. 

One side note to folks that might use eduroam WiFi networks used by college campuses and such (where I work).....the WiFi certificate setup is different than "standard" Android 9.0 on say a Pickle3. You have to go and download the cert from support.comodo.com then connect to the eduroam. No idea why Samsung did this, but that's a fact jack. 

Glad I'm not the only one who saw a massive increase in signal, I've yet to drop to 3G at work.

40 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Android Auto is not well optimized for this phone. The status bar icons get cut off by the hole punch. So far it's the only app I've found with this problem. Every other app has been perfect. 

My experience with Android Auto wasn't great on my 9+ it constantly crashed hoping this one will be better. Could also be my cable not quite sure lol.

48 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Android Auto is not well optimized for this phone. The status bar icons get cut off by the hole punch. So far it's the only app I've found with this problem. Every other app has been perfect. 

The SIM card you bought at Best Buy...Was it the same one from that chart?  SIMOLW516TQ??

2 minutes ago, optimummind said:

The SIM card you bought at Best Buy...Was it the same one from that chart?  SIMOLW516TQ??

Yeah. It was the BYOP SIM card set. It comes with 4 SIM cards and one of them was SIMOLW516TQ. If you go to the Sprint section at your local Best Buy, they should have a ton of them.

• Like 1

Finding solid RF performance on ceramic model. Seems to hold on to signal slightly better than my N9. 

Also Volte performance is excellent here in NYC as expected, but better yet, holding onto B26 at nearly 1x levels.

Very pleased so far..

• Like 2

Yeah. It was the BYOP SIM card set. It comes with 4 SIM cards and one of them was SIMOLW516TQ. If you go to the Sprint section at your local Best Buy, they should have a ton of them.
That's great to know! Thx!

I went to a corporate Sprint store & was initially told that they didn't have any & to come back tomorrow. When I said "Are you sure? Don't you have any for unlocked iPhone XS customers?", then they said they have the BYOP kit but it won't work inside the new S10+.

After double-checking the BYOP kit packaging against the chart, I bought it anyways. Sprint store employees are a pain to deal with most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Finding solid RF performance on ceramic model. Seems to hold on to signal slightly better than my N9. 

Also Volte performance is excellent here in NYC as expected, but better yet, holding onto B26 at nearly 1x levels.

Very pleased so far..

RF performance is tons better than my S9+, I normally would be in 3G in my basement at work but nope my phone hung onto LTE for dear life and performance was still great. VoLTE was great today also but it does not work on the magic box apparently lol but I use WiFi calling anyways at home.

• Like 1

Redditors are reporting the same issues with the screen protector that I see with my polarized sunglasses: weird banding, poor viewing angles, and color on the screen curve. Also, unsurprisingly, the finger print scanner is quite a bit faster. 

I may remove mine if the sunglass thing continues to bother me. 

2 hours ago, mmark27 said:

Redditors are reporting the same issues with the screen protector that I see with my polarized sunglasses: weird banding, poor viewing angles, and color on the screen curve. Also, unsurprisingly, the finger print scanner is quite a bit faster. 

I see no issues with mine, but I only wear glasses so everything looks fine to me.

6 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Where did you find this info. The only reason I went with the 512gb model was for the 12gb of ram.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-s10/performance/

look towards the bottom:  "Ceramic version only available on 8GB/512GB and 12GB/1TB Galaxy S10+ models."

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

Where did you find this info. The only reason I went with the 512gb model was for the 12gb of ram.

From watching the event. 😛 Sorry you were confused, 8GB is still a hefty amount though.

My GS10+ is suppose to be delivered today but I wasn't going to be back home until Monday. Just found out I have to stay in London for work until the 16th. The wait is going to kill me. 

15 hours ago, mmark27 said:

He rips it off about 5 minutes in

On 3/7/2019 at 2:52 PM, Paynefanbro said:

I forgot to mention that I got a SIM card from Best Buy so now I'm fully operational. Every Sprint store I called told me they don't have any despite the fact that I know they all do. I even called the flagship store here in NYC and they told me that they don't have any. 

In other news I'm so glad that the unlocked model got VoLTE. Also I was in Brooklyn and my S9+ was roaming while my S10+ had one bar of LTE so signal strength is definitely better on this device. 

So the S10 has VOLTE yet the S9 doesn't? 🙄

• Like 1