Hurricane Florence

Dkoellerwx

Florence looks like it is going to be a very dangerous storm for the East Coast. It's a little too early to say where exactly it may make landfall, but anywhere from South Carolina to Virginia could be a target. The highest probability for severe wind impacts looks to be from Myrtle Beach to Morehead City, but of course that can change as the storm wobbles. Hopefully all of our members in the area are monitoring forecast updates closely. If you are along the coast, please make plans to evacuate! This storm is likely going to bring an unusually large storm surge because of the unusual path it is taking toward the coast. 

Let us know how you are doing and, of a lesser priority of course, how the network holds up. 

1bJ9c5e.jpg

• Thanks 1

I myself might be in the path of the Winds and outer bands. I have a significant other who lives in North Carolina so I do hope she stay safe. Plus I'm a trained Skywarn spotter so I will definitely be watching with interest and intent.

Florence looks like it is going to be a very dangerous storm for the East Coast. It's a little too early to say where exactly it may make landfall, but anywhere from South Carolina to Virginia could be a target. The highest probability for severe wind impacts looks to be from Myrtle Beach to Morehead City, but of course that can change as the storm wobbles. Hopefully all of our members in the area are monitoring forecast updates closely. If you are along the coast, please make plans to evacuate! This storm is likely going to bring an unusually large storm surge because of the unusual path it is taking toward the coast. 

Let us know how you are doing and, of a lesser priority of course, how the network holds up. 

1bJ9c5e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I myself might be in the path of the Winds and outer bands. I have a significant other who lives in North Carolina so I do hope she stay safe. Plus I'm a trained Skywarn spotter so I will definitely be watching with interest and intent.

She will be safe. You all will pull thru this storm safe and Sound. Be safe to Bud

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

She will be safe. You all will pull thru this storm safe and Sound. Be safe to Bud

Thank you my friend I really appreciate it. I know I'll be just fine:-)

You welcome Man

I live in New Jersey. But I may get lots of the Wind and Rain. I'm watching the weather patterns and the few weather systems coming through. So I do hope it sweeps it out to see but that's looking more and more unrealistic.

The storm's winds will have slowed some by the time it reaches Central Virginia, but it sounds like we'll get a lot of rain. The ground here is still quite wet from repeated storm systems throughout the summer. We may get more fallen trees as a result.

?

The storm's winds will have slowed some by the time it reaches Central Virginia, but it sounds like we'll get a lot of rain. The ground here is still quite wet from repeated storm systems throughout the summer. We may get more fallen trees as a result.
[emoji853]
God willing everything will be a okay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davidtm said:

?

Yeah if the storm slows down once it makes landfall like the models are showing right now... could be tons of rainfall. Way too much.

7ykFc4n.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yeah if the storm slows down once it makes landfall like the models are showing right now... could be tons of rainfall. Way too much.
7ykFc4n.jpg
Hey David I have Extended Family I'm Florida Saint Augustine area. How's it looking for that area? Or Flo as a whole? Thanks

1 minute ago, Tengen31 said:

Hey David I have Extended Family I'm Florida Saint Augustine area. How's it looking for that area? Or Flo as a whole? Thanks

I expect Florida will have minimal effects overall. There will be an increased rip current risk on the Atlantic coast. But beyond that, most of the impacts wind and rain wise will be north of the state.

I also have a gmrs radio license so if the lines go down I can also use the radio.

I'm a ham, so if the cell and landlines go down, still have my ham radio equipment and plenty of battery back up. 

I am near Hilton Head SC.  It is projected to hit anywhere from Charleston (about 60 miles away) or on up the coast a couple hundred miles further North.
I am in New Jersey I hope it misses us.

2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I am in New Jersey I hope it misses us.

The major effects almost certainly will. You could get some rain after the storm spins down, but the major wind and storm surge will almost definitely be well to your south. 

The major effects almost certainly will. You could get some rain after the storm spins down, but the major wind and storm surge will almost definitely be well to your south. 
I am praying that that happens. But I'm also praying for the people who are in the direct path of the storm. If I'm able to do anything please let me know.

• Like 1

A large hurricane can have damaging winds out to 150 miles in any direction from the eye (300 mile wide path of destruction).  Very high storm surge flooding and severe damaging thunderstorms can extend out another 100  miles or more further out than that in any direction (500 mile wide path of flooding).  Your best bet if evacuating is to get well more than 300 miles away from the predicted eye center.

Stay safe my friends.

Don't forget Virginia to, this storm is a class4  beast and it's strength is increasing, they have it taking further north eye going north of Wilmington, Norfolk put all working ships out to sea.