iPhone XS Thread

MacinJosh

4 hours ago, tybo31316 said:

I’m having an issue where I won’t get a data connection. I have to power the phone off and restart it to get data.

I seem to lose data connection to while roaming and restarting the phone seemed to help also.

Also I was on T-Mobile roaming this morning on LTE and now I’m in another location where only has T-Mobile service and I know there’s LTE but my phone won’t connect to it but will connect to my cousins Verizon box that runs off WiFi. Why will I roam on T-Mobile some places and not others?

4 hours ago, tybo31316 said:

Yes when I first purchase the phone in October. Everything was fine. With every update seems like things are getting worst.

Wow. Interesting. Good thing I didn't upgrade from 12.1.1 yet.

3 hours ago, MacinJosh said:

Wow. Interesting. Good thing I didn't upgrade from 12.1.1 yet.

We’re talking about something with many variables and different situations but for me I didn’t notice much difference between 12.1.1-12.1.2. The radio in the original update to address signal issues or the one after seemed like when it was working the best for me. After that every change after seemed to go downhill. Hope they keep tweaking the radio. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardsfan96 said:

We’re talking about something with many variables and different situations but for me I didn’t notice much difference between 12.1.1-12.1.2. The radio in the original update to address signal issues or the one after seemed like when it was working the best for me. After that every change after seemed to go downhill. Hope they keep tweaking the radio. 

My biggest reason for not upgrading was the reports of people having to disable WiFi Calling and VoLTE just so their phone's work for calls.

11 hours ago, MacinJosh said:

My biggest reason for not upgrading was the reports of people having to disable WiFi Calling and VoLTE just so their phone's work for calls.

I'm running 12.1.2 on my iPhone XS in the DC area and I'm not having any issues on VoLTE or with Wi-Fi Calling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2019 at 3:44 PM, Cardsfan96 said:

Also I was on T-Mobile roaming this morning on LTE and now I’m in another location where only has T-Mobile service and I know there’s LTE but my phone won’t connect to it but will connect to my cousins Verizon box that runs off WiFi. Why will I roam on T-Mobile some places and not others?

Just because there is TMO LTE, it doesn't mean you are allowed to connect.

Depends on the tower and band.

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Is Washington DC one of those areas?

I have roaming enabled on my iPhone XS.

Yes, it should be.

That being said, T-Mobile roaming is enabled on a per site, per band basis. For example, there are sites where Sprint users can only access L2100, sites where Sprint users can only access L700, sites where Sprint users can access a combination of bands, as well as sites where roaming is not allowed altogether. 

Your phone should prefer T-Mobile LTE over Sprint EVDO if both are available. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Yes, it should be.

That being said, T-Mobile roaming is enabled on a per site, per band basis. For example, there are sites where Sprint users can only access L2100, sites where Sprint users can only access L700, sites where Sprint users can access a combination of bands, as well as sites where roaming is not allowed altogether. 

Thanks for the info! Is this something I can see in Field Test?

11 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Thanks for the info! Is this something I can see in Field Test?

If you have an Intel iPhone, you'll be able to tell by the MCC/MNC. If not, you can usually tell whether you're on T-Mobile by looking at band (as T-Mobile's bands are completely different from Sprint bands). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RAvirani said:

If you have an Intel iPhone, you'll be able to tell by the MCC/MNC. If not, you can usually tell whether you're on T-Mobile by looking at band (as T-Mobile's bands are completely different from Sprint bands). 

Is MCC/MNC under Field Test?

How do I view the LTE Band under the new Field Test?

The new Field Test seems much more comprehensive than the old version.

Yes, it should be.

Very interesting! I was wondering why I have never seen T-Mobile roaming. I am in the Chicagoland area. Is Chicagoland a area where I should see/be allowed to native roam on T mobile?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, ZebraDude said:

Very interesting! I was wondering why I have never seen T-Mobile roaming. I am in the Chicagoland area. Is Chicagoland a area where I should see/be allowed to native roam on T mobile?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possibly.

T-Mobile roaming is active in the greater Chicago area. 

My service is working fine in Nevada. Have had the occasional issue because of microwave backhaul relay between Pahrump & Vegas, but that is because microwave relays and ice don't mix, and because electrical and rats don't either.

• Like 1