iPhone XS Thread

MacinJosh

6 hours ago, Bob Newhart said:

iOS 12.1 will allow more roaming.

You have mentioned this is multiple posts, but you are the only person I have seen saying it.  I hope you are correct.  *crossing fingers*

9 hours ago, shaferz said:

You have mentioned this is multiple posts, but you are the only person I have seen saying it.  I hope you are correct.  *crossing fingers*

If you feel like living on the wild side 12.1 is in open Beta (I believe beta 4) you can apply at this link....

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

10 hours ago, Bob Newhart said:

I don't believe that iOS 12.1 is all it takes, that is part of what is needed for phones other than the iPhone Xs and Xs Max. Those two model don't have iOS 12.1 and they can roam, if they have been updated.

iPhone Xs and Xs Max have 12.1. I’m running it currently on my Xs Max. It was only the first couple days that 12.1 beta 1 was out that there wasn’t an IPSW for the new phones.

-Anthony

I just purchased the IPhone X’s max today. So far this is a solid device. The screen is beautiful, it’s the same physical size as the 7/8 plus, and the LTE connectivity is the best I’ve had in a phone. While the LTE connectivity is great their is times where the connection would just drop out completely. This mostly happens when going from 3G to LTE in fringe areas. BTW, I haven’t updated the phone to 12.0.1 yet. So maybe when I update the signal drops will go away. So as of now I’m very satisfied with this device. 

I got my iPhone XS on October 5 and my battery health is already at 99% is this something I should be concerned about or no?

I always thought that the battery health was inaccurate. My wife has a 7+ (which was a former device of mine) and I had an 8+. Her battery health was at 94% for an older device with more use. She also let the battery drain to the point it would shut down. The 8+ battery health was at 88%. It was a newer less used device.

I personally try not to look at the battery health as much as I can.
  • Like 1

Seems like the modem version was updated on the 12.1 update. Anyone notice any difference? Also got a carrier update right after the update finish. Went from version 33 to 34.1.

I haven’t installed the update yet. I usually wait. My biggest concern is the new radio. I’m loving the performance of 33 on my XS MAX. Don’t want to decrease the radio performance.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tybo31316 said:

I haven’t installed the update yet. I usually wait. My biggest concern is the new radio. I’m loving the performance of 33 on my XS MAX. Don’t want to decrease the radio performance.

So far in my house next to a xs on the older radio it seems to be on band 41 in a place in my house where the older radio is on band 25. This is a very initial comparison so I’m not saying it’s better or worse yet just my first observation.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, burnout8488 said:

Where is the IMS status located in field test mode?

IMS status is located in the NAS sub-section of LTE section on the XS Max, and presumably the XS & XR.

2 hours ago, ZebraDude said:

and of coarse I let my Developer Account lapse......My guess is the Carrier Bundle is the important issue this is the VoLTE bundle I hope 34.5.5.

PM me. I can give you the developer beta profile. 

• Like 2

and of coarse I let my Developer Account lapse......My guess is the Carrier Bundle is the important issue this is the VoLTE bundle I hope 34.5.5.

My belief is that Sprint will give T-mobile native roaming priority to the people running or capable of running VoLTE as to back fill the holes we all know that Sprint has in its OEM towers as VoLTE is sensitive to LTE gaps.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MacinJosh said:

IMS status is located in the NAS sub-section of LTE section on the XS Max, and presumably the XS & XR.

Cool, works on my Xr! Thanks. Showing “0” in a non-VoLTE market. Makes sense. ?

Edit: Think this thread should be renamed for XS/Xr?