iPhone XS Thread

MacinJosh

This is weird. My phone has been on Band 4 LTE all day.

For reference, my phone is showing MCC 310 and MNC of 260, which is listed as T-Mobile. So strange. I haven't seen B25 of B26 all afternoon, and maybe longer.

I'm curious on this too.  How do i look this up?  My house is always terrible reception for sprint, but today I'm getting full signal. And only carrier here that's full signal is T-Mobile...

5 hours ago, wesman said:

I'm curious on this too.  How do i look this up?  My house is always terrible reception for sprint, but today I'm getting full signal. And only carrier here that's full signal is T-Mobile...

Dial *3001#12345#*

I believe the answer is simple. Sprint and T-mobile signed a roaming agreement and the agreement is to display it as a Sprint area. 

And Sadly our Xs's are weaker is signal capture..

Edited by ZebraDude

10 minutes ago, wesman said:

Shouldn't it say extended network if it was roaming on T-Mobile? 

I believe when Sprint signed the roaming agreement they have it programmed as home area. So no...it's considered as home area for subscribers. now if you happen to use Sprint's towers through a MVNO then I believe you run on just the Sprint Owned towers. 

Edited by ZebraDude

4 hours ago, ZebraDude said:

I believe the answer is simple. Sprint and T-mobile signed a roaming agreement and the agreement is to display it as a Sprint area. 

And Sadly our Xs's are weaker is signal capture..

If the phone sees a Sprint 1xRTT signal, it will display Sprint on the status bar, even when connected to TMO LTE.

4 hours ago, wesman said:

what exactly am I looking for to tell if it's T-Mobile? 

EBE619B8-8241-42D3-B3DC-03EA6362BAA8.png

4 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

EARFCN is 66811=Band 66 so yes its Tmobile.

Plus "freq_ban_ind" also says 66

Also, see this site: http://www.mcc-mnc.com/ and look up based on mcc first, then mnc.

Interesting, the plmn is T-Mobile.  Most people have seen it as Clearwire, although obviously T-Mobile based on band.

The question is can I use this as unlimited or is this considered roaming? Normally if I'm out of range it'll say extended network... In this case it doesn't.  I'm just curious what sprint will see it as

14 minutes ago, wesman said:

The question is can I use this as unlimited or is this considered roaming? Normally if I'm out of range it'll say extended network... In this case it doesn't.  I'm just curious what sprint will see it as

It is considered the same as if you were on native Sprint.

Does not count against your roaming limits.

• Like 2

Well, iOS 12.0.1 fixed a lot of data connection issues I had, but now my phone keeps switching time zones like crazy. My phone likes to be 5 hrs behind, like now.

39 minutes ago, MacinJosh said:

Well, iOS 12.0.1 fixed a lot of data connection issues I had, but now my phone keeps switching time zones like crazy. My phone likes to be 5 hrs behind, like now.

Have been reading on reddit that foilks roaming are seeing the same thing (time zone changes.)  Pretty wild.

6 minutes ago, shaferz said:

Have been reading on reddit that foilks roaming are seeing the same thing (time zone changes.)  Pretty wild.

Yeah, it is. So after I reset my time zone it’s working better and not switching.

I got an iPhone xs on Friday upgrading from a 6s and I’ve noticed a slightly worse cellular signal and WiFi strength. A little disappointing. I was in north east Missouri (in normally a us cellular roaming area) and I looked to see what band I’m on and it said I was on band 71. Has T-Mobile started deploying in Missouri already? Anyway is it likely apple will continue to tweak the modem in future updates or it is what it is?

1 hour ago, Cardsfan96 said:

I got an iPhone xs on Friday upgrading from a 6s and I’ve noticed a slightly worse cellular signal and WiFi strength. A little disappointing. I was in north east Missouri (in normally a us cellular roaming area) and I looked to see what band I’m on and it said I was on band 71. Has T-Mobile started deploying in Missouri already? Anyway is it likely apple will continue to tweak the modem in future updates or it is what it is?

iOS updates include bug fixes and can include baseband updates to optimize Modem performance.

Have you already installed iOS 12.0.1 which was just released?

5 hours ago, Cardsfan96 said:

4 hours ago, RedSpark said:

iOS updates include bug fixes and can include baseband updates to optimize Modem performance.

Have you already installed iOS 12.0.1 which was just released?

Yes, if you haven't updated to 12.0.1, please do so promptly. It fixed A LOT of my weak signal issues and my hard data drops I was experiencing, and the addition of T-Mobile roaming has even been better.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MacinJosh said:

Yes, if you haven't updated to 12.0.1, please do so promptly. It fixed A LOT of my weak signal issues and my hard data drops I was experiencing, and the addition of T-Mobile roaming has even been better.

Ya I updated Monday it has Improved things. Just hoping they can still improve on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardsfan96 said:

Ya I updated Monday it has Improved things. Just hoping they can still improve on it.

They might. They do release new firmware updates with most iOS updates.

6 hours ago, MacinJosh said:

They might. They do release new firmware updates with most iOS updates.

The phone seems to latch onto LTE and won’t let go. It will show no bars of LTE pretty often. Sometimes it’s usable sometimes it’s not. I’m rarely ever on 3g unless I turn off LTE in settings when it’s holding on to a useless signal.