iPhone XS Thread

MacinJosh

15 minutes ago, MacinJosh said:

Well, I can't order through the iPhone Upgrade Program because Apple requires that I use a physical address thanks to UPS, but my Sprint billing address is a PO Box, and because I owe for my iPhone X, I can't even choose the priority options in the My Sprint app unless I buy for full price. Do you know the pricing for upgrades for existing customers?

According to the App, “Payment options will be available starting on pre-order day.” Currently, only Full Retail Price is shown.

8535BEE3-6425-45A1-BA06-C755415757EE.jpeg

16 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

According to the App, “Payment options will be available starting on pre-order day.” Currently, only Full Retail Price is shown.

8535BEE3-6425-45A1-BA06-C755415757EE.jpeg

Oops! I guess I wasn't paying attention. Thanks!

• Like 1

Does the iPhone XS not come with a SIM in it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you be able to have a Sprint SIM in the device and use the eSIM for whatever other carrier you want? I might not understand how eSIM works but just curious.

-Anthony

1 hour ago, njensen98 said:

Any word on if or when Sprint will support the esim feature? This would allow me to ditch my second phone I have for my business and just use both lines on the same phone. I’d be all about that.

No word yet. I'm not sure if anyone has tweeted the question to Sprint yet or not either. But when they do, my friend would love to upgrade to the XR for that very feature. I think it would be awesome for that. One phone for business and personal would sure be more convenient.

4 minutes ago, anthony.spina97 said:

Does the iPhone XS not come with a SIM in it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you be able to have a Sprint SIM in the device and use the eSIM for whatever other carrier you want? I might not understand how eSIM works but just curious.

-Anthony

Yes, a Sprint SIM would still come in Sprint models. They are all dual-SIM, so one physical SIM card and one eSIM. If you can use a Sprint SIM for one line and use the eSIM on AT&T or Verizon, it would be great, especially since you can use the eSIM on another carrier when you travel the world.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, njensen98 said:

Any word on if or when Sprint will support the esim feature? This would allow me to ditch my second phone I have for my business and just use both lines on the same phone. I’d be all about that.

No word as far as I know. Perhaps someone will ask Sprint for comment in the coming days.

In the meantime, you can use an App like Grasshopper, Sideline or Ring Central for a second line on a device..

You can also port a number to Google Voice and use that as a second line on a device: https://support.google.com/voice/answer/1065667?hl=en

21 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Phil starts talking about Dual SIM at 1:17:32 in the Keynote (https://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2018/)

Sprint is not listed as a supporting carrier on the screen at 1:18:57. AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile are listed.

I have not watched the Keynote yet. Shoot....so i'm guessing w/o e-SIM support we would have to use the physical slot....

4 hours ago, ZebraDude said:

I have not watched the Keynote yet. Shoot....so i'm guessing w/o e-SIM support we would have to use the physical slot....

Acutally, if you want to use AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile for your 2nd line, I would assume you could. However, if you buy your phone from Sprint, I don't know how the SIM slot lock policy works for the XS.

5 hours ago, ZebraDude said:

This FierceWireless Article has a comment from Sprint on eSIM support:

“Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile were named by Apple as supporting its eSIM action. Sprint said that it would support the technology later this year. Apple also added that eSIM technology would be added to its new iPhones through a software update later this year.”

Perhaps once VoLTE launches?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

This FierceWireless Article has a comment from Sprint on eSIM support:

“Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile were named by Apple as supporting its eSIM action. Sprint said that it would support the technology later this year. Apple also added that eSIM technology would be added to its new iPhones through a software update later this year.”

Perhaps once VoLTE launches?

I would hope so. Thanks for that.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MacinJosh said:

Acutally, if you want to use AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile for your 2nd line, I would assume you could. However, if you buy your phone from Sprint, I don't know how the SIM slot lock policy works for the XS.

The funny thing is Sprint supports e-SIMs with the Apple Watch so you would think....

10 minutes ago, ZebraDude said:

The funny thing is Sprint supports e-SIMs with the Apple Watch so you would think....

The Watch doesn’t actually support CDMA. It supports UMTS and LTE. So Sprint had to cobble together a VoIP solution (a “Calling Plus” of sorts) in order to support voice on the Watch.

I imagine this will become true VoLTE when Sprint finally launches it?

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

The Watch doesn’t actually support CDMA. It supports UMTS and LTE. So Sprint had to cobble together a VoIP solution (a “Calling Plus” of sorts) in order to support voice on the Watch.

I imagine this will become true VoLTE when Sprint finally launches it?

WOW! great information! I always wondered how they did it....thanks....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ZebraDude said:

WOW! great information! I always wondered how they did it....thanks....

Me too! When I first saw the wireless specs for the Series 3 Cellular (UMTS and LTE) and noticed it lacked support for CDMA, I wasn’t sure initially that Sprint would support Voice on it.

As I heard the story through the grapevine, Apple showed up with the Cellular version of the Watch and told Sprint to “figure it out”.

Sprint wound up engineering a VoIP solution from scratch so it could support the Watch.

59 minutes ago, ZebraDude said:

well I ordered a shiny new Xs Max Space Gray 256G. The new Sprint technology talked me into it. traded in my shiny one year old X 256. now the wait begins

I'm still debating what I'm going to do. I want a new phone, but since I bought my 256GB X at Best Buy on a 24 month Installment Billing plan and am only paying $899.99, I will probably wait.

43 minutes ago, MacinJosh said:

I'm still debating what I'm going to do. I want a new phone, but since I bought my 256GB X at Best Buy on a 24 month Installment Billing plan and am only paying $899.99, I will probably wait.

Sprint is offering a trade-in Credit of $41.67/Month when you trade-in qualifying devices. This applies to existing customers.

If you paid off your current device early, would it be $899 Total?

On 9/13/2018 at 12:11 AM, anthony.spina97 said:

-Anthony

The better way to go is to use the e-SIM on Sprint as you will always want to have Sprint and if/when you travel to a far away location you could buy a local SIM from a local store pop it in and use it while you are there then throw the SIM away when used up. 

4 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Sprint is offering a trade-in Credit of $41.67/Month when you trade-in qualifying devices. This applies to existing customers.

If you paid off your current device early, would it be $899 Total?

I owe $637.49. I'm still mulling it over. I know that it'll lower my Sprint bill for the next 18 months, but it'll raise my credit card balance in the near term, so it's a catch 22.

41 minutes ago, schmidtj said:

Only one SIM can be CDMA so currently if you are on Sprint with the first SIM the second SIM can't be Verizon it seems.

See the "What you need" paragraph here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209044

Will this be the unlocked model?