burnout8488

Verizon phone roaming on Sprint?

Coming home from work yesterday I popped my work phone (VZ iPhone X) into field test mode only to see it connected to band 26. I was in a Verizon dead zone, but the phone didn’t say “extended” or anything. 

Is Sprint a roaming partner for Verizon? Think it would’ve authenticated and allowed a data stream had I gone further out of Verizon coverage? (It’s difficult finding a place that Verizon lacks service here)

Coming home from work yesterday I popped my work phone (VZ iPhone X) into field test mode only to see it connected to band 26. I was in a Verizon dead zone, but the phone didn’t say “extended” or anything. 
Is Sprint a roaming partner for Verizon? Think it would’ve authenticated and allowed a data stream had I gone further out of Verizon coverage? (It’s difficult finding a place that Verizon lacks service here)

It was just scanning for a signal that it can connect to. Field test would show what it's currently scanning.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A while back Verizon roamed on Sprint in some parts of Texas although I don’t think this is the case anymore...

Your phone was probably just scanning bands and happened to display B26 for a few seconds. 

I remember I was in a Kmart many years ago and the Verizon phone I had a basic flip roamed onto Sprint, I remember dialing 611 and getting Sprints customer service instead of Verizon, and the same thing happened a few months later in reverse, same place too. Pretty sure the Kmarts closed though... pretty sure they all be closing.

I saw Verizon prepaid roam onto Sprint 1X in Duluth, MN in April of this year.

I have recently noticed my Verizon work phone (Note 4) roaming on Sprint 1x while still on Verizon LTE. I assume this is due to the CDMA thinning Verizon is doing around here. My phone said extended network while I was on Sprint 1x.

8 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

I have recently noticed my Verizon work phone (Note 4) roaming on Sprint 1x while still on Verizon LTE. I assume this is due to the CDMA thinning Verizon is doing around here. My phone said extended network while I was on Sprint 1x.

Interesting...