Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigsnake49

Charter Introduces Spectrum Mobile

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Only the LG K30, Samsung S8, S8+, S9, S9+ are supported at launch and more expensive than buy-in them from Samsung for example the S9 64 GB is $619 at B&H, $719 at Samsung and $749 at Spectrum Mobile. No iPhones and no BYOD. Plans include $45 unlimited or $14/GB. Free calls and texting. You do have to be a customer of their Internet offering.

Totally underwhelming launch!

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Link would be nice.  Sounds like a plant the flag effort, but I would expect it to soon expand. 

One of my relatives had issues with canceling this type of plan due to poor service and took it to the state attorney generals office to get it resolved.  Verizon and the cable company were saying the other one was responsible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

Only the LG K30, Samsung S8, S8+, S9, S9+ are supported at launch and more expensive than buy-in them from Samsung for example the S9 64 GB is $619 at B&H, $719 at Samsung and $749 at Spectrum Mobile. No iPhones and no BYOD. Plans include $45 unlimited or $14/GB. Free calls and texting. You do have to be a customer of their Internet offering.

Totally underwhelming launch!

spectrummobile.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they allowed BYOD, I might switch to Spectrum Mobile when my free year with Sprint is up at the end of the month because $45 for unlimited with a single line isn't a bad deal. I guess they won't be getting my money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 4:04 PM, Scott said:

If they allowed BYOD, I might switch to Spectrum Mobile when my free year with Sprint is up at the end of the month because $45 for unlimited with a single line isn't a bad deal. I guess they won't be getting my money.

Same - I plan on being a Spectrum internet customer by the end of September and this would be great if they did iPhone/BYOD. I wonder if it's intentionally limited now to slow adoption. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 1:04 PM, Scott said:

If they allowed BYOD, I might switch to Spectrum Mobile when my free year with Sprint is up at the end of the month because $45 for unlimited with a single line isn't a bad deal. I guess they won't be getting my money.

 

I think Sprint is rumored to have a $70.00 plan coming up, with a $20.00 discount for BYOD.  Assuming I understand it correctly, that is $50.00 before tax for unlimited with HD video and they won't slow your speeds until you use over 50GB.  This $45.00 plan is limited to 480p and will slow you after 20 GB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mrjeff said:

I think Sprint is rumored to have a $70.00 plan coming up, with a $20.00 discount for BYOD.  Assuming I understand it correctly, that is $50.00 before tax for unlimited with HD video and they won't slow your speeds until you use over 50GB.  This $45.00 plan is limited to 480p and will slow you after 20 GB.

I just wish the BYOD discount is for current customers too. If that were the case, I could see myself switching to the new plan in a heartbeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2018 at 4:27 PM, burnout8488 said:

Same - I plan on being a Spectrum internet customer by the end of September and this would be great if they did iPhone/BYOD. I wonder if it's intentionally limited now to slow adoption. 

During the Charter earnings call, they talked about doing an MVNO with Sprint but not not T-Mobile before launching one based on Verizon.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/charter-opens-up-mobile-spending-and-discussions-sprint

They also talked about extending their list of devices (iPhone perhaps?) and BYOD.

Edited by bigsnake49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spectrum Mobile is finally offering iPhones. No BYOD yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally ported my wife's number over to Spectrum Mobile. The experience was relatively painless except for a minor glitch with respect to shipping address. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigsnake49 said:

I finally ported my wife's number over to Spectrum Mobile. The experience was relatively painless except for a minor glitch with respect to shipping address. 

Oh, we bought the iPhone 8+ from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spectrum mobile is selling the iPhone X for $600 or the 64GB version. That's an excellent price!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Posts

    • I assume the FCC and DOJ were waiting on this security sign off. DOJ will follow and then the FCC ...


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Since people often don't like change, I could see a mad rush once the merger is approved but before it takes effect.  The first of three hurdles has been jumped (national security demand that parent firms get rid of Huawei has been accepted).  DOJ and FCC remain.
    • At least in Samsung markets with AirHarmony small cells, the PCI of small cells is 450 or greater.  EARFCN would be another way, but that sometimes gets location specific. GCI  would be another way, but then you would need to know the MM cutoff point for each market (we have those for Ohio)
    • Thank you Mike one of the guys clarified it. Good to know I wasn’t seeing things lol


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • The app already uses EARFCN as the primary means to identify the LTE band.. it will try to match a GCI pattern first, but if there are no matches or the "guessed" band does not match EARFCN data that appears to be valid, it uses the EARFCN instead. Since there are so many B14 sector possibilities right now, I don't think I will continue adding them beyond what is programmed now. Most newer devices on newer Android builds are properly reporting EARFCN, with some exceptions (issues with B66/B71 most notably). GCI pattern matching has become most useful to identify "special" cells (MM/SC/MB/Airave/etc) as well as multiple carriers.   I know this was answered elsewhere, but for the benefit of anyone who comes along later -- a small cell second carrier has been identified that follows the same GCI pattern as one sector of a Mini-Macro second carrier. Since the app has no way to know which one it is, it displays both indicators when this occurs. -Mike
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×