Sign in to follow this  
bigsnake49

Charter Introduces Spectrum Mobile

Posted (edited)

Only the LG K30, Samsung S8, S8+, S9, S9+ are supported at launch and more expensive than buy-in them from Samsung for example the S9 64 GB is $619 at B&H, $719 at Samsung and $749 at Spectrum Mobile. No iPhones and no BYOD. Plans include $45 unlimited or $14/GB. Free calls and texting. You do have to be a customer of their Internet offering.

Totally underwhelming launch!

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

Link would be nice.  Sounds like a plant the flag effort, but I would expect it to soon expand. 

One of my relatives had issues with canceling this type of plan due to poor service and took it to the state attorney generals office to get it resolved.  Verizon and the cable company were saying the other one was responsible.

16 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

Only the LG K30, Samsung S8, S8+, S9, S9+ are supported at launch and more expensive than buy-in them from Samsung for example the S9 64 GB is $619 at B&H, $719 at Samsung and $749 at Spectrum Mobile. No iPhones and no BYOD. Plans include $45 unlimited or $14/GB. Free calls and texting. You do have to be a customer of their Internet offering.

Totally underwhelming launch!

spectrummobile.com

If they allowed BYOD, I might switch to Spectrum Mobile when my free year with Sprint is up at the end of the month because $45 for unlimited with a single line isn't a bad deal. I guess they won't be getting my money.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 4:04 PM, Scott said:

If they allowed BYOD, I might switch to Spectrum Mobile when my free year with Sprint is up at the end of the month because $45 for unlimited with a single line isn't a bad deal. I guess they won't be getting my money.

Same - I plan on being a Spectrum internet customer by the end of September and this would be great if they did iPhone/BYOD. I wonder if it's intentionally limited now to slow adoption. 

On 7/2/2018 at 1:04 PM, Scott said:

I think Sprint is rumored to have a $70.00 plan coming up, with a $20.00 discount for BYOD.  Assuming I understand it correctly, that is $50.00 before tax for unlimited with HD video and they won't slow your speeds until you use over 50GB.  This $45.00 plan is limited to 480p and will slow you after 20 GB.

14 hours ago, mrjeff said:

I think Sprint is rumored to have a $70.00 plan coming up, with a $20.00 discount for BYOD.  Assuming I understand it correctly, that is $50.00 before tax for unlimited with HD video and they won't slow your speeds until you use over 50GB.  This $45.00 plan is limited to 480p and will slow you after 20 GB.

I just wish the BYOD discount is for current customers too. If that were the case, I could see myself switching to the new plan in a heartbeat.

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2018 at 4:27 PM, burnout8488 said:

Same - I plan on being a Spectrum internet customer by the end of September and this would be great if they did iPhone/BYOD. I wonder if it's intentionally limited now to slow adoption. 

During the Charter earnings call, they talked about doing an MVNO with Sprint but not not T-Mobile before launching one based on Verizon.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/charter-opens-up-mobile-spending-and-discussions-sprint

They also talked about extending their list of devices (iPhone perhaps?) and BYOD.

Edited by bigsnake49

Spectrum Mobile is finally offering iPhones. No BYOD yet.

I finally ported my wife's number over to Spectrum Mobile. The experience was relatively painless except for a minor glitch with respect to shipping address. 

1 hour ago, bigsnake49 said:

I finally ported my wife's number over to Spectrum Mobile. The experience was relatively painless except for a minor glitch with respect to shipping address. 

Oh, we bought the iPhone 8+ from them.

Spectrum mobile is selling the iPhone X for $600 or the 64GB version. That's an excellent price!

• Like 1