What parts of the 2.5Ghz EBS BRS band are currently usable?

CrossKit

I know Sprint owns 160Mhz from 2496Mhz-2696Mhz. What is the part they own?

I know they can't use all of it because of old rules with it that weren't intended for modern uses, hence why they are trying to get it changed. So what mhz chunks of it are currently usable?

When I checked the license map for this band, it's a freaking mess. So I'm confused about it.

This is highly location dependant. Some markets Sprint owns over 200mhz, others less than 20mhz. On average it's about 160mhz. Some contiguous others non-contiguous.

So no simple answer. I'd advise you to concentrate your research on locations you visit most frequently.

• Like 1

Sprint can use what ever it has licensed or leased. With FCC permission it can use the two small gaps. BRS is often by counties. The rest is currently by radius. When the radius overlap, the difference is split. Not all the spectrum is currently licensed, especially in rural areas. The FCC is in process to making revisions and planning to offer more licenses.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 6/25/2018 at 6:08 PM, dkyeager said:

Sprint can use what ever it has licensed or leased. With FCC permission it can use the two small gaps. BRS is often by counties. The rest is currently by radius. When the radius overlap, the difference is split. Not all the spectrum is currently licensed, especially in rural areas. The FCC is in process to making revisions and planning to offer more licenses.

I thought the FCC approved EBS to change to move away from radius and go per county as well.  

• Like 1

That has been discussed as one option of several but not approved to my knowledge. I believe that will come up in the fall.

I thought the FCC approved EBS to change to move away from radius and go per county as well.  

• Thanks 1