LG G7 ThinQ

JimBob

4 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Lest anyone using a G7 still and gets a system update prompt might otherwise get excited thinking it's the Pie update finally, it's not - April security patch update. (G710P15a) 

Yea I cry every time it happens. Just patiently waiting on V50!!

22 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Lest anyone using a G7 still and gets a system update prompt might otherwise get excited thinking it's the Pie update finally, it's not - April security patch update. (G710P15a) 

I woke up this morning to the update got my hopes up then thought about this post

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

June security update hit my G7 today - G710P16a (extremely fast reboot/install on this one at that).  Still no sign of Pie unfortunately.

Right. Very frustrating. 

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know when it will finally be pushed out (if it is - suppose its possible that's on hold if the merger is that close to done), but the post I made above yours shows the testing was finalized on the update at least.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Well it finally happened - G710P20d

Android Pie has finally arrived on the Sprint LG G7.  And VoLTE along with it. 

Nice.  My phone is updating now.

So when will we get Android 10? 😅

19 hours ago, JimBob said:

So when will we get Android 10? 😅

Technically its possible, the G7 was included on the list of phones LG was supposedly going to upgrade to it.  But especially with the merger on the horizon now, definitely won't be holding my breath. I'm probably going to get a used G8 and hand-me-down the G7 to my wife within the next year to get us by until we have to get a more truly T-Mo centric phone as the networks get integrated full bore.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I've moved to the LG G8X, if anyone either still has a G7 or looking to pick up a used one on the cheap and would like a free used one of these SupCase Unicorn Beetle Pro cases, PM me - my wife (who will be inheriting the G7 now) prefers wallet style phone cases with a wrist strap, so I have no use for my old case now, but I highly recommend this series if they make them for your phone:

https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full-body-Holster-Protector-Release/dp/B07CZ97FQ2/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=supcase+unicorn+beetle+pro+lg+g7&qid=1583529136&sr=8-2

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally moving on from my LG G7.  I have the rare Moroccan Blue Matte model only offered on Google Fi.  I loved this phone.  And it's beautiful.  Served me well since September 2018.  However, T-Mobile has buy one get one free on LG V60 models.  So I ordred two Dual Screen models for my wife and me.  It supports 5G on n71, n66 and n41.  So I am good to go!  Bring on the 5G's, please.

Robert

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

TMobile updated my LG G7 ThinQ to Android 10 today.  Pretty large update, but it downloaded and updated pretty fast.

Looks good so far.

Hopefully the update comes to Sprint soon.

• Like 1