LG G7 ThinQ

JimBob

4 hours ago, JimBob said:

Any thoughts, experience, or recommendations regarding LG G7 ThinQ on the Sprint network?

https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/lg/lg-g7.html

I just bought one and love the phone so far,  I have tested it in Chicago/Indy/Cincy and Kansas city so far. I easily get 200 Mbps on speed.  A lot of 25+41+41. The AI Cam is cool, and the dual 4k cam makes the pictures so clear. I really like the audio on it.  Lg did good on this,  and I came from htc phone. So I am really big into audio.  best buy has good deal on this phone. Where it is two hundred bucks off if you go though the sprint financing with them. Any questions, feel free to reach out to me

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cubbiefan82 said:

I just bought one and love the phone so far,  I have tested it in Chicago/Indy/Cincy and Kansas city so far. I easily get 200 Mbps on speed.  A lot of 25+41+41. The AI Cam is cool, and the dual 4k cam makes the pictures so clear. I really like the audio on it.  Lg did good on this,  and I came from htc phone. So I am really big into audio.  best buy has good deal on this phone. Where it is two hundred bucks off if you go though the sprint financing with them. Any questions, feel free to reach out to me

Can you grab a screenshot of 25+41+41? Just want to see it in action! I didn't know that was live on the network yet.

Glad the phone is working well! Might have to bite the bullet and get one soon haha. Probably looking at the $200 off Best Buy deal. Don't have two lines that want one on my account right now to to get buy one get one deal from Sprint.

Where exactly was you at when you did 25+41+41?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On 6/19/2018 at 7:00 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

Can you grab a screenshot of 25+41+41? Just want to see it in action! I didn't know that was live on the network yet.

Glad the phone is working well! Might have to bite the bullet and get one soon haha. Probably looking at the $200 off Best Buy deal. Don't have two lines that want one on my account right now to to get buy one get one deal from Sprint.

When I get back to Chicago. I will get one, I am in dayton ohio for work right now. I was shocked to see it as well. My m9 would do 100+ on band 41 and now the new set-up and phone. Double it and only getting faster ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 3:22 PM, Cubbiefan82 said:

Here you go!! I am in Chicago until Monday, Let me know if you want to see anything else

Another user also sent me screen shots from Chicago. I do have a concern about the LTE Engineering screen. I'm wondering if it's not getting stuck, because according to SCP, he was on B41 the entire time, despite the engineering screen saying B25. Also, the PLMM on his screen was wrong, it showed a Clear PLMN while also saying B25. I'm thinking that perhaps the PCC is getting stuck and not accurately displaying information, leading to false 25+41+41 reports. 

3 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Another user also sent me screen shots from Chicago. I do have a concern about the LTE Engineering screen. I'm wondering if it's not getting stuck, because according to SCP, he was on B41 the entire time, despite the engineering screen saying B25. Also, the PLMM on his screen was wrong, it showed a Clear PLMN while also saying B25. I'm thinking that perhaps the PCC is getting stuck and not accurately displaying information, leading to false 25+41+41 reports. 

It could be, SCP says I am on a band 41 site. When I sent the screen shots,  it says the same thing right now, well I am at my home site here. Could it be scp thing? Or is it really getting stuck on the engineering screen?

5 minutes ago, Cubbiefan82 said:

It could be, SCP says I am on a band 41 site. When I sent the screen shots,  it says the same thing right now, well I am at my home site here. Could it be scp thing? Or is it really getting stuck on the engineering screen?

It's a known issue that LG's engineering screens get stuck, but this is pushing it to the extreme here. My best guess is the engineering screen is in error, SCP is almost always correct when it comes to band identification. 

40 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

It's a known issue that LG's engineering screens get stuck, but this is pushing it to the extreme here. My best guess is the engineering screen is in error, SCP is almost always correct when it comes to band identification. 

Of course, now you tell me. After I buy an LG?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 4:08 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

Anyone get a system update today? Wondering if it's just security updates or anything else.

I got an update a few days ago.  It appears to be just the security update for July.  Note that I am on TMobile if that makes a difference.

5 hours ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

I got an update a few days ago.  It appears to be just the security update for July.  Note that I am on TMobile if that makes a difference.

I've noticed that now if you put the phone on vibrate or silent, it now shows constantly next to the WiFi indicator instead of disappearing after a second. That is a welcome change. Now if they would just put the clock back on the right so that more notifications can be shown.

I don't appear to have those changes yet.

12 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I've noticed that now if you put the phone on vibrate or silent, it now shows constantly next to the WiFi indicator instead of disappearing after a second. That is a welcome change. Now if they would just put the clock back on the right so that more notifications can be shown.