• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By vanko987
      I'm new to this forum, and I've seen people mention cell sites with specific ID's (for example, SF33XC664). Is there any significance to these ID's, and is there a way to decode them? Also, how do I figure out what the cell site ID's are for towers near me?
      Thanks! I'm excited to start talking on this site more¬†ūüėÄ
    • By tyboxer12
      Hi guys,
      like the title says, I am travelling to the Netherlands and am curious about people's experience with the international roaming passes. 
      Firstly, are they unlimited data, or are they limited with deprioritization?
      Secondly, what are the speeds like?
      I have asked around but have gotten mixed answers.
      Thanks!
    • By Paynefanbro
      I figured since Verizon's 5G-NR network officially launched it would make sense for there to be a thread for it.
    • By lilotimz
      Samsung Network Vision equipment are highly distinct and fairly easy to spot compared to the equipment that other vendors are deploying. Sprint is Samsung's first extremely massive American contract (baring Clearwire) so there  should be no issues in confusing these equipment for another carrier which happens often with Ericsson NV equipment.

Below are images of Samsung equipment which includes antennas, remote radio units, base stations, and their mounting configurations. 

Samsung antenna with eSMR 800 RRU & PCS 1900 RRU

A close look at a Samsung setup

Next Generation Samsung Configuration
      RRH-P4 4T4R 1.9 GHz  | RRH-C4 4T4R 800 MHz| RRH-V3 2.5 GHz

Next Generation 8 Port Dual Band Antenna Setup 
      4 port 800 MHz RRH-C4 800

(source: dkyeager)

(source: dkyeager)
      Narrow beam setup

High Capacity Site with 2 Antennas & 3 RRUs (2x PCS & 1x SMR).
      Second antenna is PCS only for now.

Canadian IBEZ (NO SMR)

Special Case PCS Only Setup for Canadian IBEZ

Close up of standard antenna connectors 

Samsung Cabinets

Powerpoint slides from Samsung / Sprint
      *disclaimer - all  powerpoint diagrams and images were found through public municipality online databases and is by no means misappropriated through malicious means*
      *Credit goes to those whom took pictures of these equipment. You know who you are*
    • I'm noticing some new giant dead spots along I-29 in ND now. Central MN as well. Also SE MN, central MI, southern OH, parts of KY, VA, NC, SC, GA. It's like they just went it and carved some areas out. Seems like they cut out along major interstates. Maybe a cost saving measure to remove roaming?
    • I just took a trip up Hwy 395 in Central CA between Mojave and Bishop and was roaming on Verizon in some areas.¬† This was for voice at least as I test called customer service and got the Verizon recording.¬† I also had data roaming in some places but not sure who's signal that was as it worked fine for internet browsing (Ebay, Yahoo and Facebook) but wouldn't allow me to send pictures or search google in my web browser.¬† I'm guessing the file size on the pictures I was trying to send were probably too large for what the roaming partner allows.¬† Also wherever Sprint had coverage LTE worked fine and the voice signal was on 800 Mhz according to debug mode.
    • AT&T coverage has vanished on their maps.¬† It was previously displayed.
    • I am thinking that they probably are roaming on AT&T now.¬†
    • Both Verizon 1x and AT&T UMTS/HSPA/LTE.