Sprint/T-Mobile Merger Poll

JThorson

Which carrier will you choose?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. If the Sprint/T-Mobile merger is successful, which carrier will you choose to be on?

• Verizon
    • AT&T
    • New T-Mobile
    • Project Fi
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

No doubt New Tmobile since I am already a Tmobile customer.  Tmobile and Neville having access to 2.5 GHz spectrum is going to be great for their network and the way Tmobile gets things done.

Hell maybe with the help of Tmobile we can get 800 MHz LTE available in the Southern California markets at some point in the future.

6 hours ago, ericdabbs said:

Hell maybe with the help of Tmobile we can get 800 MHz LTE available in the Southern California markets at some point in the future.

That's already happening. Sprint is in the process of getting 800 equipment deployed in the southern IBEZ, and the spectrum should be clear by the end of the year, with various launch times along the border. I don't think even T-Mobile could have sped up the process with Mexico and public safety entities to get the spectrum properly reorganized. 

• Like 2

Whichever is cheapest. Being in California both AT&T and Verizon have pretty excellent service. T-Mobile and Sprint are the ones that need to catch up. 

By the way, does everyone think ProjectFi will stick around? Will T-Mobile and Sprint continue their current agreement with Google? 

8 hours ago, Grabber5.0 said:

How?!

I have hookup -20% off for the account for life - it was a promo they ran last year for friends and family of employees and I have taken advantage of two add a free line promos. We also have two lines that always get kickback - $10 off if they use less than 2gb of data. 

On 4/30/2018 at 7:12 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

That's already happening. Sprint is in the process of getting 800 equipment deployed in the southern IBEZ, and the spectrum should be clear by the end of the year, with various launch times along the border. I don't think even T-Mobile could have sped up the process with Mexico and public safety entities to get the spectrum properly reorganized. 

I was involved early in the process of the 800Mhz rebanding. If Sprint had some money left over from the merger which they didn't, the process would have gone a lot faster. Just sayin...

I hope your right but let’s say the merger is approved. What would T-Mobile do with b26 ? Since B12 and 600mhz is practically in SoCal ? It seems like almost a waste of Sprint deploys it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Brynn0823 said:

I hope your right but let’s say the merger is approved. What would T-Mobile do with b26 ? Since B12 and 600mhz is practically in SoCal ? It seems like almost a waste of Sprint deploys it

It's still spectrum that can be aggregated with B25 to improve speeds. More spectrum = more capacity. Never a bad thing.

• Like 2

It's still spectrum that can be aggregated with B25 to improve speeds. More spectrum = more capacity. Never a bad thing.

But wouldn’t T-Mobile shut down B25 and 26 ? I thought they would rollout 5G on B41 and 600mhz. At least that’s what I gathered from the press conference last week unless they keep all of Sprints holdings for LTE for quite some time

2 minutes ago, Brynn0823 said:

But wouldn’t T-Mobile shut down B25 and 26 ? I thought they would rollout 5G on B41 and 600mhz. At least that’s what I gathered from the press conference last week unless they keep all of Sprints holdings for LTE for quite some time

Why on Earth would they shut down B25 and B26? That's the backbone of Sprint network, and will serve to bolster T-Mobile's network. They can easily incorporate the PCS holdings into their own, creating wider LTE channels (think 20x20 in PCS) across more of the country. 

• Like 6

B26 includes Cellular block too.  It could be used to widen Cellular A block channels.  B26 could be kept and could be useful if there is a US Cellular or Commnet purchase.  Or traded for B12/B17 spectrum.  Or keep it as a Low Band 5x5 backup channel.

Robert

• Like 2