Nextel49

Sprint Tmobile merger Disc.

I have a feeling that band 26 will be sold off to some company or agency ...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

No loss as it’s a waste with Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No loss as it’s a waste with Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly its a huge waste..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

I have a feeling that band 26 will be sold off to some company or agency ...

Band 26 will be the last bastion of CDMA (1x800).  It does have the benefit of being national in scope, which it not true for 600 Mhz or 700Mhz. Ultimately it would be good to trade it for more 700Mhz or 600Mhz. Then perhaps A.J.'s dream of redoing all 800Mhz to get more usable band sizes could be realized.

Band 26 will be the last bastion of CDMA (1x800).  It does have the benefit of being national in scope, which it not true for 600 Mhz or 700Mhz. Ultimately it would be good to trade it for more 700Mhz or 600Mhz. Then perhaps A.J.'s dream of redoing all 800Mhz to get more usable band sizes could be realized.
Well if I'm not mistaken that lots of Public Safety agencies hold some licenses for the 800 megahertz band. So that could be encumbered to get bigger bandwidth sizes

Just now, danlodish345 said:

Well if I'm not mistaken that lots of Public Safety agencies hold some licenses for the 800 megahertz band. So that could be encumbered to get bigger bandwidth sizes

Yes, very tight spacing.  Would definitely need more FCC realignment. 

The alternative is with CA upload in the latest flagship phones, it could be better used with (3x3) + (3x3). The problem is it no 5G support since it is so small.

Yes, very tight spacing.  Would definitely need more FCC realignment. 
The alternative is with CA upload in the latest flagship phones, it could be better used with (3x3) + (3x3). The problem is it no 5G support since it is so small.
Yes I do agree with you that it's way too small and since you stated that there's no 5G support it could just be used as a component carrier in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

Then perhaps A.J.'s dream of redoing all 800Mhz to get more usable band sizes could be realized. 

I share this dream too. I wish Sprint could buy licenses below 816 MHz (like SoLINC) and widen L800 to a 10x10 carrier. 

• Like 1

So I have a Galaxy S8+ and last night I was out driving from Willmar Minnesota to Marshall Minnesota, and my phone said I was roaming on T-Mobile B2. I ran a speedtest and got 45mbps! And my phone still said Sprint in the corner, and LTE above the signal so it was showing as native coverage! It happened 3 separate times!

• Like 4