Jump to content
Nextel49

Sprint Tmobile merger Disc.

Recommended Posts

TMobile is crappy..I mean seriously though... Charging $15 to swap your sim card to another phone even if you just take it out they charge you an extra $15 that's ridiculous that's total BS. I'm glad I'm with Verizon prepaid now. I don't have to deal with that crap.


Huh?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

TMobile is crappy..I mean seriously though... Charging $15 to swap your sim card to another phone even if you just take it out they charge you an extra $15 that's ridiculous that's total BS. I'm glad I'm with Verizon prepaid now. I don't have to deal with that crap.

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

 

It's for Metro Pcs and it's always been that way. Just didn't enforce it until now.  Dealers are losing money when people get there new phones and leave the store only to swap the device then sell it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 9:31 AM, nexgencpu said:

Not in my city, Sprint is currently the fastest! Especially after LTE-A was pushed out a couple of weeks ago!

https://twitter.com/SprintCTO/status/1068227212233633792

I mean, in the borough of Manhattan they are. You'd think they would be more than tied with Verizon too considering their spectrum position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Thomas L. said:

I mean, in the borough of Manhattan they are. You'd think they would be more than tied with Verizon too considering their spectrum position. 

This is Verizon's home town, not only that, they had politicians in their pockets here until very recently with the whole FIOS fiasco. 

Here is some insight on that..

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/13/nyregion/ny-sues-verizon-fios.html

Despite that, they have had the easy road deploying fiber with massive state subsidies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

This is Verizon's home town, not only that, they had politicians in their pockets here until very recently with the whole FIOS fiasco. 

Here is some insight on that..

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/13/nyregion/ny-sues-verizon-fios.html

Despite that, they have had the easy road deploying fiber with massive state subsidies.

At my one property today I saw Verizon running fiber to a cell tower a few hundred feet away, they must need more bandwidth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thomas L. said:

I mean, in the borough of Manhattan they are. You'd think they would be more than tied with Verizon too considering their spectrum position. 

For what it's worth, Verizon does have more spectrum in use than Sprint right now in NYC. I think they are using something like 110MHz of spectrum compared to the 100MHz that Sprint is using. Also like nexgencpu said, the main accolade is that Sprint is now beating Verizon in their home borough, a borough that has a daytime population of nearly 4 Million people. Having the fastest speed in Manhattan affects not only those that live there but also the millions that commute there from throughout the tri-state area on a daily basis.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still bogus. Why screw over the customers who have been with them for a long time. It's not fair. I mean okay new customers sure but customers that have been with them for years will leave them and go to other carriers. So it's not really going to be a proper thing to do for a long T-Mobile has already reversed it.

It's for Metro Pcs and it's always been that way. Just didn't enforce it until now.  Dealers are losing money when people get there new phones and leave the store only to swap the device then sell it. 


Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

For what it's worth, Verizon does have more spectrum in use than Sprint right now in NYC. I think they are using something like 110MHz of spectrum compared to the 100MHz that Sprint is using. Also like nexgencpu said, the main accolade is that Sprint is now beating Verizon in their home borough, a borough that has a daytime population of nearly 4 Million people. Having the fastest speed in Manhattan affects not only those that live there but also the millions that commute there from throughout the tri-state area on a daily basis.

In one way the graphic of Sprint beating VZW. 60megs to 50 in one way is kinda sad.  VZW has 2.5x more customers then Sprint does and they still are competing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, runagun said:

In one way the graphic of Sprint beating VZW. 60megs to 50 in one way is kinda sad.  VZW has 2.5x more customers then Sprint does and they still are competing. 

You can make that argument on a nationwide scale, but in cities like NYC/Chicago/LA where the carriers have way more customer parity, that disparity is not really an issue. So that argument is somewhat invalid. Where ATT and V win out, is in more rural and suburban areas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, runagun said:

In one way the graphic of Sprint beating VZW. 60megs to 50 in one way is kinda sad.  VZW has 2.5x more customers then Sprint does and they still are competing. 

That's assuming Verizon has 2.5x more consumers than Sprint in NYC. Anecdotally I don't find that to be the case. I don't doubt that Sprint has the least amount out of the big 4 however the difference between who has the most and who has the least is not as wide as you'd think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, don't forget that Sprint users consume more data than VZW users on cellular.  This will add some offset into the number of additional customers VZW has.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/04/study-consumer-data-consumption-q1-2017-released.html

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/10/28/heres-how-much-smartphone-data-americans-are-using.aspx

From these two separate reports, 1 Sprint customer equals roughly 1.25~1.3 VZW customers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Also, don't forget that Sprint users consume more data than VZW users on cellular.  This will add some offset into the number of additional customers VZW has.
https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/04/study-consumer-data-consumption-q1-2017-released.html
https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/10/28/heres-how-much-smartphone-data-americans-are-using.aspx
From these two separate reports, 1 Sprint customer equals roughly 1.25~1.3 VZW customers. 
I actually don't use Wi-Fi a whole lot I'm Verizon prepaid I've used over 40 gigs this month

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danlodish345 said:

I actually don't use Wi-Fi a whole lot I'm Verizon prepaid I've used over 40 gigs this month

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk
 

What does that have to do with the comment you quoted? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What does that have to do with the comment you quoted? 
Has to do with the cellular data consumption

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 10:36 AM, nexgencpu said:

https://www.androidcentral.com/metro-t-mobile-now-charging-15-every-time-you-switch-phones told you they would reverse it!

Edited by BlueAngel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Has to do with the cellular data consumption

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk
 

Your individual example means absoulute zero to the general point he was making. You might has well said the second planet from the sun is Venus in response. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Your individual example means absoulute zero to the general point he was making. You might has well said the second planet from the sun is Venus in response. 
Nonetheless it's still relevant and you don't have to be so obnoxious and rude that's not called for understand me

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Kevin Crull, Chief Strategy Officer is leaving at the end of the year: https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2018/12/06/sprint-crull-chief-strategy-officer-leaves.html

Sprint Corp. Chief Strategy Officer Kevin Crull will leave the Overland Park-based company at the end of the year, according to a Thursday filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

The mutual decision for Crull to leave was made Monday and will take effect Dec. 31, the filing states.

Crull also leads Sprint's (NYSE: S) Integration Management Office (IMO) and 5G DEVGRU.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm glad they did they are a crooked company

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk




I don’t see them as crooked... first and foremost they are a COMPANY.

Oh well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I don’t see them as crooked... first and foremost they are a COMPANY.

Oh well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But none the less though I still see that fee as a ridiculous one.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Johnner1999 said:

Well this would be the logical path. Otherwise what’s the point

https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/news/2018/12/10/t-mobile-braxton-carter-sprint-takeover-strategy.amp.html



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a bit more nuanced that that. They will use 10,000 of Sprint's sites that are not colocated or close to T-Mobile sites and add 10,000 more. They would probably reuse some of the network equipment (RRHs) and also some of the small cells. But I like the fact that he said that every citywide be analyzed as to what is the best integration strategy.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new T-Mobile is going to boil down to a neighborhood by neighborhood decision for Sprint customers, some of which will depend on what work gets completed by Sprint assuming merger is successful. 

I am assuming former Clear sites that do not get Triband upgrades are typically toast.  Sites with more recent investments stand a better chance of surviving, assuming they are not co-sites.  Of course all existing equipment could still be junked.  800 RRHs have the best odds, given they will likely be the last bastion of Sprint CDMA.  We are seeing some 1900 firmware changes that would allow for more spectrum to be used for LTE that may affect these RRH's retention.  I would also assume cabinets are toast or at least retrofitted. The main factor in keeping some of the equipment would be new equipment shortages and future 5G compatible replacements being needed in coming years.

Network needs and leasing costs would be main individual site factors.  I would think markets with a low Sprint Market share would lose the most Sprint sites while those with a large Sprint Market share would have better odds for unique Sprint site retention.  Of course the FCC might mandate that VoLTE must cover all areas covered by Sprint CDMA, but this would mostly affect rural areas. 

I am also assuming that the new T-Mobile will start urban in the larger markets given T-Mobile's past history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

The new T-Mobile is going to boil down to a neighborhood by neighborhood decision for Sprint customers, some of which will depend on what work gets completed by Sprint assuming merger is successful. 

I am assuming former Clear sites that do not get Triband upgrades are typically toast.  Sites with more recent investments stand a better chance of surviving, assuming they are not co-sites.  Of course all existing equipment could still be junked.  800 RRHs have the best odds, given they will likely be the last bastion of Sprint CDMA.  We are seeing some 1900 firmware changes that would allow for more spectrum to be used for LTE that may affect these RRH's retention.  I would also assume cabinets are toast or at least retrofitted. The main factor in keeping some of the equipment would be new equipment shortages and future 5G compatible replacements being needed in coming years.

Network needs and leasing costs would be main individual site factors.  I would think markets with a low Sprint Market share would lose the most Sprint sites while those with a large Sprint Market share would have better odds for unique Sprint site retention.  Of course the FCC might mandate that VoLTE must cover all areas covered by Sprint CDMA, but this would mostly affect rural areas. 

I am also assuming that the new T-Mobile will start urban in the larger markets given T-Mobile's past history.

What about the 2500MHz RRHs?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×