Jump to content
Nextel49

Sprint Tmobile merger Disc.

Recommended Posts

Just now, Paynefanbro said:

I think you quoted the wrong person.

I think I did sorry about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

I think you quoted the wrong person.

His quotes never make sense. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

His quotes never make sense. 

But the post I made actually has an article about spectrum ownership amongst the United States carriers. That makes plenty of sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are funny.  When I was a teenager, there were no mainstream cell phones.  Only wealthy business people had them, they had awful coverage and came in a briefcase or large bag.  I got my first phone at 19, and no one I knew had one except for my boss.  I paid $75 a month for service and I paid by the minute for every call.  Inbound and outbound.  I even had to pay long distance charges on incoming phone calls if they were not local to the switch I was connected to.  About $1 per minute.  Boy, have times changed!

Robert

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S4GRU said:

You guys are funny.  When I was a teenager, there were no mainstream cell phones.  Only wealthy business people had them, they had awful coverage and came in a briefcase or large bag.  I got my first phone at 19, and no one I knew had one except for my boss.  I paid $75 a month for service and I paid by the minute for every call.  Inbound and outbound.  I even had to pay long distance charges on incoming phone calls if they were not local to the switch I was connected to.  About $1 per minute.  Boy, have times changed!

Robert

That was many moons ago 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

That was many moons ago 

I think the days of really cheap data plans with really generous data allowances are over. Sprint, T-Mobile and the Big 2 have all raised their prices. It was not a sustainable situation and it ended up hurting Sprint most of all because they had to compete on price which meant that they had no money to speak of for Capex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigsnake49 said:

I think the days of really cheap data plans with really generous data allowances are over. Sprint, T-Mobile and the Big 2 have all raised their prices. It was not a sustainable situation and it ended up hurting Sprint most of all because they had to compete on price which meant that they had no money to speak of for Capex.

i hope sprint can keep up with them...i would like to see sprints network expand......and quality increase....obviously that will require money...i hope something good happens to sprint..   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danlodish345 said:

i hope sprint can keep up with them...i would like to see sprints network expand......and quality increase....obviously that will require money...i hope something good happens to sprint..   

You mean like merge with T-mobile?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigsnake49 said:

You mean like merge with T-mobile?

 

that or some how get extra capex..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlodish345 said:

that or some how get extra capex..

Hey, I'm all for network sharing if they cannot merge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Hey, I'm all for network sharing if they cannot merge.

Exactly me to...the better it is the better of they will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Exactly me to...the better it is the better of they will be.

No... the better "WE" will be.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

No... the better "WE" will be.    

Sprint needs all the help It can get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i hope sprint can keep up with them...i would like to see sprints network expand......and quality increase....obviously that will require money...i hope something good happens to sprint..   


I understand that Sprint needs to expand. Shouldn’t Sprint concentrate on making their current markets the best that they can be first?
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tybo31316 said:

 


I understand that Sprint needs to expand. Shouldn’t Sprint concentrate on making their current markets the best that they can be first?

 

yes they definitely should concentrate on where they currently have service. And improve the density and quality and eliminate roaming holes. Where I live in New Jersey this quite a few roaming holes and no LTE once you get off the main Highway. So Sprint has a lot of work to do in central New Jersey.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boost Founder Commits to Offer $9.95 Unlimited Data Plan for Prepaid Fixed Wireless Broadband Customers and Will Rollout 4G Fixed Broadband Network in Select Low Income Areas if Government Conditions T-Mobile/Sprint Merger to Divest 60 MHz in 2.5 GHz Band

Quote

“I’ve been very consistent in calling on the FCC and the DOJ to mandate a divestiture of Boost Mobile and its roughly 15 million prepaid customers as a condition of the merger. I am also calling on them to require divestiture of sufficient spectrum assets to support those low income prepaid consumers who don’t have access to broadband fixed networks, so that a Boost Mobile spinout will have the scale and assets needed to compete and maintain a healthy competitive environment in the prepaid sector. If those conditions are mandated and I am the winning bidder for the assets, I am committed to the buildout of a high-quality 4G fixed wireless broadband network with an unlimited data plan for $9.95 per month. Compared to the $80/month proposition they’ll get from the cable operators and The New T-Mobile’s yet-to-be-built 5G network, that’s a price that the majority of prepaid subscribers can afford in order to keep their family connected to today’s digital economy.”

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/07/16/1537805/0/en/Boost-Founder-Commits-to-Offer-9-95-Unlimited-Data-Plan-for-Prepaid-Fixed-Wireless-Broadband-Customers-and-Will-Rollout-4G-Fixed-Broadband-Network-in-Select-Low-Income-Areas-if-Gov.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think they should tell him to go suck an egg!    60 MHz is a lot of spectrum... isn't it nearly half of what they have in the 2500 MHz band?  (150 MHz total)...   Why does he think he's entitled to it?   What about the other MVNO's?    

Edited by dro1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Boost Founder Commits to Offer $9.95 Unlimited Data Plan for Prepaid Fixed Wireless Broadband Customers and Will Rollout 4G Fixed Broadband Network in Select Low Income Areas if Government Conditions T-Mobile/Sprint Merger to Divest 60 MHz in 2.5 GHz Band

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/07/16/1537805/0/en/Boost-Founder-Commits-to-Offer-9-95-Unlimited-Data-Plan-for-Prepaid-Fixed-Wireless-Broadband-Customers-and-Will-Rollout-4G-Fixed-Broadband-Network-in-Select-Low-Income-Areas-if-Gov.html

That's all nice and what not but it's dependent if the merge happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a cheap ploy to garner attention.    And ... at the cost of Sprint and T Mobile's merger.      Hopefully they will remember that and if the merger goes through, they roll Boost into Metro PCS and tell him "See ya!"   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

It's a cheap ploy to garner attention.    And ... at the cost of Sprint and T Mobile's merger.      Hopefully they will remember that and if the merger goes through, they roll Boost into Metro PCS and tell him "See ya!"   

This whole thing is just a Garner attention to the brands that's all I see it is nothing more. As far as I see it TMobile needs to still improve their coverage in remote areas of the US and rural areas as well. Beyond that Sprint has obviously has special licenses throughout the country but a lot of it has not been used due to them not expanding into new areas where they should have done. I still feel those crappy gimmicks and stupid advertisements instead that cash of gone into the network and Infused the network with cash in order to upgrade and expand coverage. It's been almost 6 years since they start Network Vision upgrades here and along the main Highway is amazing but if you go a mile or two away the coverage drops to almost Roaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think they should tell him to go suck an egg!    60 MHz is a lot of spectrum... isn't it nearly half of what they have in the 2500 MHz band?  (150 MHz total)...   Why does he think he's entitled to it?   What about the other MVNO's?    



I thought Sprint has 240mhz

Any event I say this is brilliant, and assume this is a nice way to keep the spectrum in the family vs selling to ATT


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnner1999 said:

 

 


I thought Sprint has 240mhz

Any event I say this is brilliant, and assume this is a nice way to keep the spectrum in the family vs selling to ATT


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

AT & T doesn't need anymore spectrum. They have enough of it and not enough Network investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnner1999 said:

I thought Sprint has 240mhz

Any event I say this is brilliant, and assume this is a nice way to keep the spectrum in the family vs selling to ATT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Sprint has ~120MHz of B41 in most large markets, some have slightly more. ~200MHz might be the total amount of spectrum (800/1900/2500) in their best markets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Sprint has ~120MHz of B41 in most large markets, some have slightly more. ~200MHz might be the total amount of spectrum (800/1900/2500) in their best markets. 

Exactly... so giving up 60 MHz worth of that like the clown at Boost wants, would be a horrible situation for Sprint and T-Mobile, unless they were guaranteed free right to utilizing it even if it's sold.    I just think that the whole proposal was rather rude from a Chief of a subsidiary of Sprint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

I just think that the whole proposal was rather rude from a Chief of a subsidiary of Sprint.

He doesn't work for Sprint. He sold Boost to Sprint over a decade ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×