belusnecropolis

Build your own devices, routers, relays, IoT etc.

yes, it only support 2x2 currently(only have 2 antenna port)

Thought so. I'm excited for 4x4 modems to come out. When the providers actually implement Rank 4, it basically doubles throughput. Sprint has 4x4 on sites, but at least in Samsung markets, only does Rank 1 or 2, so there's no speed bump (just a more robust signal). I don't know off hand if AT&T or Verizon do Rank 3/4 yet, but I know T-Mobile does.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

T-Mobile on 4x4 is great. Unfortunately my card only does 4x4 on the first component carrier. When they update for multi channel 4x4 is when it gets exciting.

2 hours ago, ingenium said:

Thought so. I'm excited for 4x4 modems to come out. When the providers actually implement Rank 4, it basically doubles throughput. Sprint has 4x4 on sites, but at least in Samsung markets, only does Rank 1 or 2, so there's no speed bump (just a more robust signal). I don't know off hand if AT&T or Verizon do Rank 3/4 yet, but I know T-Mobile does.

T-Mobile on 4x4 is great. Unfortunately my card only does 4x4 on the first component carrier. When they update for multi channel 4x4 is when it gets exciting.

How do you have your antennas oriented relative to one another? I'm assuming you have 4 antennas?

2 dual port stacked on a pole.

1 minute ago, ingenium said:

How do you have your antennas oriented relative to one another? I'm assuming you have 4 antennas?

8lvc.jpg

Went all in on this new dual sim router built for failover. I am having quite the time getting all these radios to behave! Nice to be able to install an mPCIe WiFi card since all mediatek embedded radios are trash. Even this repurposed laptop WiFi card I installed does better.

Currently hosting an LM960 and an EM7565. The custom port I needed to make in goldenorb for the LM960 do not play nice with the EM7565. I am going to get some Telit support baked in and then I should be good to go. The Telit card is still on version 1 firmware and no connection issues. The EM7565 . . . I have to perform reanimation on every time it needs an update. Telit card is just shooting 3's from half court now.

The router has a small physical switch to manipulate which sim you want. I am going to put this in a box on the roof, I wonder how I could automate that switch? It would probably be better to just enjoy the stability this build offers with one radio and a 5GHz wifi card for outdoors, but I probably can't just do that.

• Like 3

PSA: Telits mailer is compromised. If you received an invoice from them it is full of spam, do not open.

• Like 1