belusnecropolis

Build your own devices, routers, relays, IoT etc.

Got some bad news. While visiting the location this weekend, we saw reliability issues and unfortunately it's as I suspected, the temperatures are too high. I was seeing 88C temperatures at the modem which is outside the LM960's max operating temperature of 85CĀ šŸ˜”

So I had to revert to the old setup with the modem inside the house and connected to the top two antennas in a 2x2 MIMO configuration with the two old 35ft LMR400 cables I'm glad I left in place.

Thankfully speeds haven't taken too much of a hit since I can still hit 90mbps downlink.

I'm thinking I will take the panel antenna with itsĀ components to my parent's house and use it there for 4x4 MIMO inĀ their attic which hopefully won't see nearly the heat but I'll have to make sure to watch it.

On 7/26/2020 at 3:42 PM, lynyrd65 said:

Got some bad news. While visiting the location this weekend, we saw reliability issues and unfortunately it's as I suspected, the temperatures are too high. I was seeing 88C temperatures at the modem which is outside the LM960's max operating temperature of 85CĀ šŸ˜”

So I had to revert to the old setup with the modem inside the house and connected to the top two antennas in a 2x2 MIMO configuration with the two old 35ft LMR400 cables I'm glad I left in place.

Thankfully speeds haven't taken too much of a hit since I can still hit 90mbps downlink.

I'm thinking I will take the panel antenna with itsĀ components to my parent's house and use it there for 4x4 MIMO inĀ their attic which hopefully won't see nearly the heat but I'll have to make sure to watch it.

Did you try putting a visor over the box to deflect heat from the Sun?

On 7/14/2020 at 9:05 PM, ingenium said:

Ooo that sucks. Is it a regular T-Mobile plan, or their home internet plan? I didn't think they checked the IMEI for normal lines?

Regular phone line. They waited until the merger to start the IMEI list. It is OK, I will have a fix for it soon similar to the sierra wireless IMEI rewrite. The home internet box has been IMEI locked out of the gate.

Regular phone line. They waited until the merger to start the IMEI list. It is OK, I will have a fix for it soon similar to the sierra wireless IMEI rewrite. The home internet box has been IMEI locked out of the gate.
Hmm, let me know when you have a fix, I'm curious what you come up with. So far I've been sticking with my MC7455 solely because of the IMEI rewriting just in case ATT decides to implement that policy on postpaid.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ingenium said:

Hmm, let me know when you have a fix, I'm curious what you come up with. So far I've been sticking with my MC7455 solely because of the IMEI rewriting just in case ATT decides to implement that policy on postpaid.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Ā 

I feel that I have a 5G Mobley.