Build your own devices, routers, relays, IoT etc.

5 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

This was on 1.5  firmware. The unit just became inoperable on Sprint, I tried so many firmwares and fixes in rooter. I just ditched Sprint on that unit.

ZOMG I have had one bricked for months. I do not have a Linux PeeCee to try the DanielWood fix, but if I could configure a Pi I have several. I tried it today in windows, activating the .EXE and removing the radio>m.2-mPCIe>USB adapter and now it won't even see the QDL or whatever. It just shows as a broken sensor.

I can't receive mail because 20 extra feet of water so if you have a fix I am all for hearing it.

You must extract the 1.05 firmware and run the .exe and let it finish, then one click flash the 1.05 firmware then let it come back up.  Then one click flash 1.07 twice. Daniel's ubuntu method did not work for mine.  I had to do it with windows.

Edited by Kearney

3 minutes ago, Kearney said:

You must extract the 1.05 firmware and run the .exe and let it finish, then one click flash the 1.05 firmware then let it come back up.  Then one click flash 1.07 twice. 

This is on Win 10 and it is at qdloader right? I ran that .exe and every other one today with it inserted. I get lots of image.png

This is the same I have gotten for months. The only difference is today I executed an .exe then inserted the modem as I allowed the file to go from the prompt. Now Win 10 only sees this as a broken sensor, rooter sees this as a QDL_SUB without a sim or some feedback. I can't get it to operate under any circumstances.

25 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

This is the same I have gotten for months. The only difference is today I executed an .exe then inserted the modem as I allowed the file to go from the prompt. Now Win 10 only sees this as a broken sensor, rooter sees this as a QDL_SUB without a sim or some feedback. I can't get it to operate under any circumstances.

You extracted the 1.05 firmware correct?  Then just clicked the one single .exe while the modem is plugged in.

Has anyone tried the new mc7455 generic firmware (SWI9X30C_02.30.01.01) with Sprint to see if it fixes the disconnect issue?

One person also reported that that firmware messes up the ability to detect connected status via AT commands (at least when using rooter).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 11:53 AM, ingenium said:

Has anyone tried the new mc7455 generic firmware (SWI9X30C_02.30.01.01) with Sprint to see if it fixes the disconnect issue?

One person also reported that that firmware messes up the ability to detect connected status via AT commands (at least when using rooter).

I'm using this firmware on the mc7455 just fine.  The firmware does not mess up the ability to issue at commands.  The method in which you flash could put the modem into a different usbcomp which you then need to fix.  This only happens when using windows to flash the modem.  Use linux instead. A ubuntu boot usb works great if you dont want to install linux.  Boot into the "try ubuntu" then use the libqmi firmware update tool and you're done. 

I'm using this firmware on the mc7455 just fine.  The firmware does not mess up the ability to issue at commands.  The method in which you flash could put the modem into a different usbcomp which you then need to fix.  This only happens when using windows to flash the modem.  Use linux instead. A ubuntu boot usb works great if you dont want to install linux.  Boot into the "try ubuntu" then use the libqmi firmware update tool and you're done. 
Thanks. I've been using Linux for my primary OS for 12 years now, so no worries about that part [emoji16]

Did the new firmware fix the issue with the modem disconnecting once or twice a day with Sprint?

Has anyone tried the Quectel EP06-A modem with Sprint yet?  I'm looking at that card instead of one of Sierra's offerings because it supposedly does CA with B25+B25 or B25+B26 whereas Sierra's cards only do B41+B41, and I have no B41 at all.

On 9/30/2018 at 2:35 PM, Jim S. said:

Has anyone tried the Quectel EP06-A modem with Sprint yet?  I'm looking at that card instead of one of Sierra's offerings because it supposedly does CA with B25+B25 or B25+B26 whereas Sierra's cards only do B41+B41, and I have no B41 at all.

I haven't tried it yet. I can only find one supplier on Ebay that ships from China for about 80 bux. The price seems right. Should work with Rooter, looks like the libraries are in there for it.

11 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

I haven't tried it yet. I can only find one supplier on Ebay that ships from China for about 80 bux. The price seems right. Should work with Rooter, looks like the libraries are in there for it.

On the LTE Hacks Facebook group, one of the mods says that the released version of the EP06-A does not in fact do Band 41, despite the fact that all the documentation says it does.  I'm tempted to try it anyway since I don't have B41 on any towers nearby and probably don't have good enough LOS to pick it up even if they put it up.  I have two B25 carriers and one B26 carrier, all of which are only 5x5, so if I could get any carrier aggregation going with those it would be great.

40 minutes ago, Jim S. said:

On the LTE Hacks Facebook group, one of the mods says that the released version of the EP06-A does not in fact do Band 41, despite the fact that all the documentation says it does.  I'm tempted to try it anyway since I don't have B41 on any towers nearby and probably don't have good enough LOS to pick it up even if they put it up.  I have two B25 carriers and one B26 carrier, all of which are only 5x5, so if I could get any carrier aggregation going with those it would be great.

I frequent there as well, good folks. Seems like it would work for you. You would probably get the two band 25 carriers no problem. I haven't seen 25+26 on the network yet.

• 1 month later...

Working through the kinks load balancing cat12+cat12 slowly. The WG3526 runs them both from time to time, the debug screen gets full quick when one modem says 2+30 and the other says 5+4 and all the associated modemized telemetry it spits out. Fun times! The required schematics are difficult but I am figuring them out. No problems running the second radio over USB. 

Worst case scenario I have 2 of these things PoE stuffed in a box behind two antenna instead of one and one and I buy a router that does this automatically. Testing continues on the wall.

6ojj.jpg

Definitely a bummer that these radio's use MHF4 connectors, the IPEX ones on the OG Magic Box antenna were great on the MC7455, so I have to use these little guys in the meantime.

6ojm.jpg 

• Like 1

I'm building modemmanager into openwrt if anyone wants my build.  It does mwan3 with multiple modems in load balancing perfectly.  You can even do a true IP bridge/passthrough with it.  No need for reconnection scripts or anything.  Plug and play.  I also cross compiled the modemmanager luci protocol.  Just click it and a drop down window appears with all the apns in have pre added in for as many carriers I could find.  It doesn't disconnect like rooter does either.

Here is my build for the 3526 but I can build for any router you want.  Just choose the mobile data protocol in the wan. Plus you can use the libqmi flash tool right on the router to flash your modem.   You will see me as user "westrem" on many of these forums and sites.  I'm also a mod on ltehacks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssxgepdzo8pn68r/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-zbt-wg3526-16M-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin?dl=0

Screenshot_20181111-101715_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Kearney
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, we have been working on Christmas and work projects but just had to update what we got started on. We are working on our freedom tower flagtenna pole test kit to try out back. That antenna has been serving us good for about a year in the lab so we decided to go PoE and put the router right behind the antenna like the big ones are. Why not put it in a big box that we can later stuff two in at that? Well our PoE unit injects the wattage but doesn't like sending the data back down the pipe so a new one will be here after the holidays.

6wx9.jpg

6wxa.jpg

6wxb.jpg

Gotta try and seat this sweet heat sink properly. Gonna be toasty up there.

6wxc.jpg

Ordered some nice din rails and cables to tighten the box in snug. It is cozy with some heavy adhesive and elastic for a couple hours while we move around routerboardetry and later cable management.

Have a great week everyone. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a mess! Gonna detach all those WiFi antenna after we get it outside and add access points.
6z46.jpg

Put some directionals on the second router so it could connect, will end up using the ones on the roof since they are tied in with coax already. 

6z48.jpg
Looks pretty good for a test setup. Will look great on a proper pole with a flag. 
6z49.jpg
This project is chugging along nicely.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• Love 1

I have never really built a tower, so this should be fun. Trying to incorporate it into some sturdy outdoor upgrades. I knew once I started punching holes, drilling and running wires we were going to eventually have to learn how to build stuff too.

While this unit is indoors, we are receiving a bit better throughput, lower pings and more stable speeds than using the roof mounted antenna via 25ft of LMR 400 coax. So far this is great, 2 years ago I was paying the CableCo 90 bucks a month for less then this. They can keep it.

7935504194.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4702016171

This thing doubled my throughput and I just have the stock router antenna hooked up.

7bcg.jpg

I put the 2.4 in the gulag for a few, don't wanna drill this unit up so I dropped an easy 4x4 fix in.

7bcj.jpg

Gonna be super sweet if I can get it in the air soon. Going band 14 hunting w it this weekend. It comes preloaded with an ATT compliant firmware. There is a Sprint and VZW one I do not have, yet. There is a generic band 71 enabled firmware in the works too.

I'm gonna try Sprint out if I can get it working.

• Like 1

The lm960 is a great daily driver. It is working great and staying connected to edge band 2. It is still pumping out twice the speed all day long. 

No band 14 sighted quite yet. UMTS performance is good too. We had to retro the network a bit to make room on the pole for this router.

I emptied the test box and have one em7565/wg3526 with T-Mobile service getting the usual 30 or so on the roof pair. The third carrier is nice to have on busy days now that band 2 has been added to 4 and 5. AWS3 is still dormant on Tmo and ATT.

I will hook it up to the test pole tomorrow, trying to get bands 12/4/4^2/2/30 👍