belusnecropolis

Build your own devices, routers, relays, IoT etc.

5 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

This was on 1.5  firmware. The unit just became inoperable on Sprint, I tried so many firmwares and fixes in rooter. I just ditched Sprint on that unit.

ZOMG I have had one bricked for months. I do not have a Linux PeeCee to try the DanielWood fix, but if I could configure a Pi I have several. I tried it today in windows, activating the .EXE and removing the radio>m.2-mPCIe>USB adapter and now it won't even see the QDL or whatever. It just shows as a broken sensor.

I can't receive mail because 20 extra feet of water so if you have a fix I am all for hearing it.

You must extract the 1.05 firmware and run the .exe and let it finish, then one click flash the 1.05 firmware then let it come back up.  Then one click flash 1.07 twice. Daniel's ubuntu method did not work for mine.  I had to do it with windows.

Edited by Kearney

3 minutes ago, Kearney said:

You must extract the 1.05 firmware and run the .exe and let it finish, then one click flash the 1.05 firmware then let it come back up.  Then one click flash 1.07 twice. 

This is on Win 10 and it is at qdloader right? I ran that .exe and every other one today with it inserted. I get lots of image.png

This is the same I have gotten for months. The only difference is today I executed an .exe then inserted the modem as I allowed the file to go from the prompt. Now Win 10 only sees this as a broken sensor, rooter sees this as a QDL_SUB without a sim or some feedback. I can't get it to operate under any circumstances.

25 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

This is the same I have gotten for months. The only difference is today I executed an .exe then inserted the modem as I allowed the file to go from the prompt. Now Win 10 only sees this as a broken sensor, rooter sees this as a QDL_SUB without a sim or some feedback. I can't get it to operate under any circumstances.

You extracted the 1.05 firmware correct?  Then just clicked the one single .exe while the modem is plugged in.

49 minutes ago, Kearney said:

You extracted the 1.05 firmware correct?  Then just clicked the one single .exe while the modem is plugged in.

Yes sir.

Has anyone tried the new mc7455 generic firmware (SWI9X30C_02.30.01.01) with Sprint to see if it fixes the disconnect issue?

One person also reported that that firmware messes up the ability to detect connected status via AT commands (at least when using rooter).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 9/27/2018 at 11:53 AM, ingenium said:

Has anyone tried the new mc7455 generic firmware (SWI9X30C_02.30.01.01) with Sprint to see if it fixes the disconnect issue?

One person also reported that that firmware messes up the ability to detect connected status via AT commands (at least when using rooter).

I'm using this firmware on the mc7455 just fine.  The firmware does not mess up the ability to issue at commands.  The method in which you flash could put the modem into a different usbcomp which you then need to fix.  This only happens when using windows to flash the modem.  Use linux instead. A ubuntu boot usb works great if you dont want to install linux.  Boot into the "try ubuntu" then use the libqmi firmware update tool and you're done. 

I'm using this firmware on the mc7455 just fine.  The firmware does not mess up the ability to issue at commands.  The method in which you flash could put the modem into a different usbcomp which you then need to fix.  This only happens when using windows to flash the modem.  Use linux instead. A ubuntu boot usb works great if you dont want to install linux.  Boot into the "try ubuntu" then use the libqmi firmware update tool and you're done. 
Thanks. I've been using Linux for my primary OS for 12 years now, so no worries about that part

Did the new firmware fix the issue with the modem disconnecting once or twice a day with Sprint?

Has anyone tried the Quectel EP06-A modem with Sprint yet?  I'm looking at that card instead of one of Sierra's offerings because it supposedly does CA with B25+B25 or B25+B26 whereas Sierra's cards only do B41+B41, and I have no B41 at all.

On 9/30/2018 at 2:35 PM, Jim S. said:

Has anyone tried the Quectel EP06-A modem with Sprint yet?  I'm looking at that card instead of one of Sierra's offerings because it supposedly does CA with B25+B25 or B25+B26 whereas Sierra's cards only do B41+B41, and I have no B41 at all.

I haven't tried it yet. I can only find one supplier on Ebay that ships from China for about 80 bux. The price seems right. Should work with Rooter, looks like the libraries are in there for it.

11 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

I haven't tried it yet. I can only find one supplier on Ebay that ships from China for about 80 bux. The price seems right. Should work with Rooter, looks like the libraries are in there for it.

On the LTE Hacks Facebook group, one of the mods says that the released version of the EP06-A does not in fact do Band 41, despite the fact that all the documentation says it does.  I'm tempted to try it anyway since I don't have B41 on any towers nearby and probably don't have good enough LOS to pick it up even if they put it up.  I have two B25 carriers and one B26 carrier, all of which are only 5x5, so if I could get any carrier aggregation going with those it would be great.

40 minutes ago, Jim S. said:

On the LTE Hacks Facebook group, one of the mods says that the released version of the EP06-A does not in fact do Band 41, despite the fact that all the documentation says it does.  I'm tempted to try it anyway since I don't have B41 on any towers nearby and probably don't have good enough LOS to pick it up even if they put it up.  I have two B25 carriers and one B26 carrier, all of which are only 5x5, so if I could get any carrier aggregation going with those it would be great.

I frequent there as well, good folks. Seems like it would work for you. You would probably get the two band 25 carriers no problem. I haven't seen 25+26 on the network yet.

Working through the kinks load balancing cat12+cat12 slowly. The WG3526 runs them both from time to time, the debug screen gets full quick when one modem says 2+30 and the other says 5+4 and all the associated modemized telemetry it spits out. Fun times! The required schematics are difficult but I am figuring them out. No problems running the second radio over USB. 

Worst case scenario I have 2 of these things PoE stuffed in a box behind two antenna instead of one and one and I buy a router that does this automatically. Testing continues on the wall.

6ojj.jpg

Definitely a bummer that these radio's use MHF4 connectors, the IPEX ones on the OG Magic Box antenna were great on the MC7455, so I have to use these little guys in the meantime.

6ojm.jpg 

• Like 1

I'm building modemmanager into openwrt if anyone wants my build.  It does mwan3 with multiple modems in load balancing perfectly.  You can even do a true IP bridge/passthrough with it.  No need for reconnection scripts or anything.  Plug and play.  I also cross compiled the modemmanager luci protocol.  Just click it and a drop down window appears with all the apns in have pre added in for as many carriers I could find.  It doesn't disconnect like rooter does either.

Here is my build for the 3526 but I can build for any router you want.  Just choose the mobile data protocol in the wan. Plus you can use the libqmi flash tool right on the router to flash your modem.   You will see me as user "westrem" on many of these forums and sites.  I'm also a mod on ltehacks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssxgepdzo8pn68r/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-zbt-wg3526-16M-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin?dl=0

Screenshot_20181111-101715_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Kearney
  • Like 1