Build your own devices, routers, relays, IoT etc.

5 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

Sure thing. Also, in your example the SMA end is male, so make sure the SMA ends that connect to your MHF4 are female.

Correct. The SMA ends that connects to the MHF4 are females... 

image.png.f64ed4f1d396ec55e2513ef82265a987.png

Edited by PJG

If you are using Sprint, you probably don't want band 26 anyway. It is pretty terrible.
Depends. Is there a modem capable of TDD-FDD CA yet? Sprint has turned on TDD-FDD CA, so you'll get 25 or 26 as primary carrier and 41 as secondary carriers (I've gotten 4xCA with this). 25+26 is also possible, but I haven't seen it in the wild yet.

Generally it's only in areas where you'd be on B25 normally. If B41 is "usable" as PCC (and oftentimes it isn't actually...), then they aren't putting people on B25 yet.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I have a s9, just have android 10.   Lots of new aggregation options showed up but were not checked off to place them in service.

I manually added some.  25+41 did stay activated but I never see it happen. Apparently I am in an area where it it not ready yet.

I also added the check mark to activate 25+26 and I do see that happen. I see 25 as primary with 26 as secondary and I also see 26 as primary and 25 as secondary.  I really do not see much value in the 25 +26 as 26 is congested and probably not able to help download anything.   It does appear to me that I am only seeing download aggregation and not upload.

I am in Pennsylvania on Shentel service.

47 minutes ago, PJG said:

Got the antennas on a PVC pole to test temporarily. Waiting for the LMR400 cable from Amazon.

It looks like I can't post anymore photos. Reached my limit.

Use imgur.com to upload fotos, then share them here via direct link and the picture will autopopulate in your comment.

Ok... Got all my cables today and did some testing tonight with the following equipment...

Pepwave MAX HD2 with Telit LM960 LTE Modem with AT&T Sim card

WiFix 1700-2700MHz MIMO antenna

Poynting XPOL-2-5G MIMO Antenna

The testing was just for AT&T right now. I noticed that Band 2 (1900mhz) is the less congested and fastest AT&T band at my location while Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz) and Band 12 (700mhz) is the slowest.

So here was my testing configuration for Test #1 (Best Results):

WiFix antenna connected to Primary 0 and Secondary 0 connector on the LM960 modem.

Poynting antenna connected to Primary 1 and Secondary 1 connector on the LM960 modem.

With this setup, I got Band 2 (1900mhz) as the primary band and Band 12 (700 MHz) as the secondary band. This gave me LTE aggregation (LTE-A). The download speeds were 25-31mbps and the upload speed were 7-14 mbps. 

One thing to note, disconnecting the WiFix antenna from Primary 1 and Secondary 1 connector on the LM960 modem only decrease the upload and download speed marginally. So, I wondering if it is worth keeping the Poynting antenna. 

So here was my testing configuration for Test #2 (Worst Results):

Poynting antenna connected to Primary 0 and Secondary 0 connector on the LM960 modem.

WiFix antenna connected to Primary 1 and Secondary 1 connector on the LM960 modem.

With this setup, I got Band 12 (700 mhz) as the primary band and Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz) as the secondary band. This gave me LTE aggregation (LTE-A). The download speeds were 8-12 mbps and the upload speed were 3-6 mbps. 

Any other combination I should try for the AT&T testing before I move to the Verizon testing? I hope that the Poynting antenna will yield better results in the Verizon testing.

Edited by PJG

13 minutes ago, PJG said:

Any comments on my testing? Please advise.

Post your VZW speed tests. Looks like your area is only band 2/4/12 for ATT. I usually just turn off band 12 via an at command if I get an adequate signal from other channels. If the poynting does not give you the speed you like send it back. I would only use it if you absolutely need band 12.

13 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

Post your VZW speed tests. Looks like your area is only band 2/4/12 for ATT. I usually just turn off band 12 via an at command if I get an adequate signal from other channels. If the poynting does not give you the speed you like send it back. I would only use it if you absolutely need band 12.

Based on your comments, for AT&T,  Band 2 (1900mhz) and Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz) are the best bands. 

In addition, I believe within the PepWave GUI, I am able to turn on and off certain bands as well. So, I may not need to turn Band 12 off using an AT command. Just for curiosity, how would I do that on the LM960 modem? Would I need a USB adapter to connect to the LM960 so I can connect it to my computer? 

Edited by PJG

10 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

Good question. I believe there is a command line interface, but I have no idea how peplink works.

If no CLI yes. 

The PepWave device does allow SSH access. However, the CLI command set is very limited. There is no command to turn on and off certain bands on the modem. 

I do want to explore how to use an USB adapter to connect the LM960 to my computer. What USB adapter to purchase? What Telit software do I need to install? What is the AT command? How are you doing this? 

Edited by PJG

Can you ssh into the modem? picocom /dev/ttyUSBx, x placeholding whatever port, should allow it to talk.

The command for all bands on ATT is at#bnd=0,2,20003000281A

You would want an mPCIe>USB adapter, preferably with a sim slot. If you need one I have a bunch. I could send you one.

The tower I use is B2 and 12 only (along with most in the area). Only one nearby tower has B4 (and it's only 5x5 anyway). In my experience, 2+12 CA gives me the same speed as 2 only. It's as though band 2 is slowed down when on CA. Either way, it's usually 10-15 Mbps during peak usage (used to be 20), and 20-30 during non peak. Upload is almost always 15 Mbps. B2 is always the primary carrier for me.

So disabling B12 may have no impact. Logically it makes no sense, but that's what I've seen on at&t.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

Can you ssh into the modem? picocom /dev/ttyUSBx, x placeholding whatever port, should allow it to talk.

You would want an mPCIe>USB adapter, preferably with a sim slot. If you need one I have a bunch. I could send you one.

Thanks for the offer, however; I already ordered this one from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZUE12TY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by PJG

12 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

This is using Linux right? 

7 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

Windows, I use Putty. If you use a linux PC you could dial in this way as well I assume

Sorry, I'm not getting... In Putty, are you using SSH (Port 22) or Serial connection?  On my windows PC, the LM960 will be connected as a USB device.  Do I need to install drivers for the Telit modem? If yes where are the drivers located for download? 

Edited by PJG

4 minutes ago, PJG said:

Sorry, I'm not getting... In Putty, are you using SSH (Port 22) or Serial connection?  On my windows PC, the LM960 will be connected as a USB device.  Do I need to install drivers for the Telit modem? If yes where are the drivers located for download? 

Serial. I will share the files when I get home.