Note 9 rumor thread.

danlodish345

I was walking down a concrete sidewalk and I happened to trip on a part of the concrete that wasn't level with the ground. So I was stupid enough to not have my casing on my phone and there was a now sticking up out of the concrete so the nail puncture the phone and got to the battery that's how this happened.

Bro I though it exploded on its own! Glad you didn’t get hurt though. I hope you have Sprint complete or some type of insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Still though it's a very unsafe. But even still Samsung should really improve the safety of its products. Unfortunately I don't have insurance so I'm out of pretty penny.

Bro I though it exploded on its own! Glad you didn’t get hurt though. I hope you have Sprint complete or some type of insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This could unironically only happen to user @danlodish345

Glad you are ok man! This is a pretty impressive yet unique set of events leading to what looks like a smoldering handset. Call Samsung my dude and see if they'll give you some kind of exchange for finding out what it takes to vampire slay a phone.

Yes I am talking to Samsung through Twitter and their support team so let's see what happens my man. I loved my note 9 but when it went and this happened then yeah I'm upset. And I got a first degree burn on the tip of my finger which seems to be healing okay.

This could unironically only happen to user [mention=12512]danlodish345[/mention]
Glad you are ok man! This is a pretty impressive yet unique set of events leading to what looks like a smoldering handset. Call Samsung my dude and see if they'll give you some kind of exchange for finding out what it takes to vampire slay a phone.

1 hour ago, belusnecropolis said:

This could unironically only happen to user @danlodish345

Omg I lost it when I read the vampire slay part. Lol. Who knows maybe they will do something. Just glad it wasnt a explosion while he was holding it, even though he still got burned a bit.

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not heard either. And to everybody else Happy Thanksgiving :-)

Omg I lost it when I read the vampire slay part. Lol. Who knows maybe they will do something. Just glad it wasnt a explosion while he was holding it.

• 1 month later...
New update out. December security patch. Still no Pie or VoLTE unfortunately.7aaac826d9d21a73d98af769c97407bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You could flash the n960u1 firmware with odin and do the pie beta. Thats what i did and im on pie beta. But you could just wait for pie since itll be releasing soon. Most of the bugs are sorted out and the pie beta seems stable.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the post this morning and installed it. So far loving it except that I lost my direct link to the Data Mobile Networks on/off toggle that I created with Intent. (Which I use to enable the hotspot). Have to go through the regular menus to get to it for the time being until I re-create it.  Other than that, no issues installing it.

I do love me some pie.

TS out

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Pretty happy with the update so far, the only bug i've run into is super low FPS while bringing down the notification shade while on the lock screen.

Have you cleared the cache partition? I had no issues after updating from the beta but did a clean install for the hell of it, first I've done it since getting this phone at launch. Super smooth.

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

Have you cleared the cache partition? I had no issues after updating from the beta but did a clean install for the hell of it, first I've done it since getting this phone at launch. Super smooth.

You don't have any issue with the notification animation from the lock screen being choppy?