Note 9 rumor thread.

danlodish345

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 10:10 PM, nexgencpu said:

Just picked up Note9 loving it so far (minus the no calling plus) but I'm sure we'll skip right to VoLTE shortly. 

Regardless here is iPhone 7 vs N9 in same location..

http://imgur.com/gallery/reA8c9A

Same here, picked up the Note 9 (two of them) on Friday. I like it. Especially the DeX. Already ordered my portable monitor to really enjoy DeX.

TS out

New update out for the Note 9. I forgot to screenshot the change log, but it seemed mostly to do with camera fixes and the October1, 2018 Android security patch.

N960USQU1ARJ5

Better SNR was listed as well. Also it added a toggle for b41 uplink CA

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

1 hour ago, Rawvega said:

New update out for the Note 9. I forgot to screenshot the change log, but it seemed mostly to do with camera fixes and the October1, 2018 Android security patch.

N960USQU1ARJ5

2lJRK4M.jpg

• Like 2

Downloaded and installed, then got a message saying profile could not be updated. I got it updated manually.

Btw, my external monitor finally came in and (shes a beauty), I've been using the Note 9 w/ DeX with it and its flawless. No hiccups whatsoever. When I used the Note 8, it would black out, freeze etc. Now DeX just works.  

Also, what's with the octopus in the hidden Oreo? It doesn't do anything like in previous easter eggs.
(Go to Settings, About Phone, Software Information, hit Android version 3 or more times and the Oreo cookie appears, if you press and hold the Oreo, the octopus comes out.) 

TS out

6 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

What kind of upload speeds are you seeing with the Note 9 before and after the update??

I don't even have the October security patch.

Same. The note 9 already had upload ca but there was no way to disable it. Now there is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Usually I can figure out these things on my own..but this has me at a loss. 

Randomly...when I unlock my phone, it will pop up google seach for weather..

It's not Chrome...it's the google app popping up a search for weather. And it usually happens when I unlock the screen. Sometimes, it'll be a few seconds after I've unlocked and doing something, it will pop over top of whatever I have open at the time. Only happens a couple times a day, but it's annoying...anyone have ideas on why? 

Usually I can figure out these things on my own..but this has me at a loss. 

Randomly...when I unlock my phone, it will pop up google seach for weather..

It's not Chrome...it's the google app popping up a search for weather. And it usually happens when I unlock the screen. Sometimes, it'll be a few seconds after I've unlocked and doing something, it will pop over top of whatever I have open at the time. Only happens a couple times a day, but it's annoying...anyone have ideas on why? 
It could definitely be a software glitch. You're not pressing any buttons right?

Nope... no buttons. I want to just factory reset... but I have an RSA app that generates a secure code for my wife's work stuff and it's a hassle trying to get a new secureID.
Sounds like a glitch then.

It seems to be a previous search for "weather" and I think it is popping up at the same time each day..IF I happen to be using the phone when that particular time comes around. 

It's like a Google Now card ...but gets annoying that I can't find out where to turn it off... 

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah but speed isn't capped like the others... have they started recip roaming with tmo? 
Yes they have it's just about nationwide now. Here they will only allow b2, b4 and b66 roaming no b12. I dont know if its like that everywhere but here that's how it is. It's also uncapped. I dont think it uses CA either.

Yes they have it's just about nationwide now. Here they will only allow b2, b4 and b66 roaming no b12. I dont know if its like that everywhere but here that's how it is. It's also uncapped. I dont think it uses CA either.

Kaboom goes my note 965db84ca3071fd40f13d1ff087fa23d7.jpgd076027f7eec05938064b671f4468b1c.jpg11176088654e65c59dc852fee8aa948d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Woah how did this happen??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was walking down a concrete sidewalk and I happened to trip on a part of the concrete that wasn't level with the ground. So I was stupid enough to not have my casing on my phone and there was a now sticking up out of the concrete so the nail puncture the phone and got to the battery that's how this happened.