danlodish345

Note 9 rumor thread.

yup

1 hour ago, danlodish345 said:

The latest addition of galaxy phones has been unsatisfactory to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant find much fault with latest Note 9, don't know where they are "unsatisfactory"? LOL

11 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

I cant find much fault with latest Note 9, don't know where they are "unsatisfactory"? LOL

the lack of a wide angle lense and true telephoto lense......also the design is pretty much the same...if things change i will change my opinion.

12 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

the lack of a wide angle lense and true telephoto lense......also the design is pretty much the same...if things change i will change my opinion.

Why is it that apple can have the same boring design and still be amazing but android phones have to refresh the design every year or it's boring? Apple can do no wrong. I would hold off on the note 9 if I were you guys. We still have new pixels and iphones to see first also black Friday is quickly approaching and the S10 is only 6-7 months away too. Bad time to buy a phone if you ask me. At least if you want the greatest.

• Like 1

it's great phone not enough , waiting galaxy s 10

3 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Why is it that apple can have the same boring design and still be amazing but android phones have to refresh the design every year or it's boring? Apple can do no wrong. I would hold off on the note 9 if I were you guys. We still have new pixels and iphones to see first also black Friday is quickly approaching and the S10 is only 6-7 months away too. Bad time to buy a phone if you ask me. At least if you want the greatest.

Hold off on the next big thing will be a never ending waiting game and I bet you'll be saying the same thing when the S10 comes out and say wait few more months till the Note10 or whatever they call it comes out.

Bad time? Its a great time if you need a new phone.

• Like 1

Hold off on the next big thing will be a never ending waiting game and I bet you'll be saying the same thing when the S10 comes out and say wait few more months till the Note10 or whatever they call it comes out.
Bad time? Its a great time if you need a new phone.
Um 5G for one. 2. A actual design change and God knows what else. The note 9 is a S9+ with a bluetooth S Pen, Slightly bigger screen, 4000mah battery and 2x the storage and a gimmick AI camera. Everything else is the same. Idk I guess I'm spoiled by the S9+

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’ve already seen an unboxing video of the new pixel three XL... I have an iPhone X. I just want to see what the other phone manufacturers come out with. But for those that have a pre-order for the note good on them :-) I see the whole pissing contest With phone specifications this is my opinion to each his own.

Um 5G for one. 2. A actual design change and God knows what else. The note 9 is a S9+ with a bluetooth S Pen, Slightly bigger screen, 4000mah battery and 2x the storage and a gimmick AI camera. Everything else is the same. Idk I guess I'm spoiled by the S9+

Samsung needs to have a three camera system in the back.

I’ve already seen an unboxing video of the new pixel three XL... I have an iPhone X. I just want to see what the other phone manufacturers come out with. But for those that have a pre-order for the note good on them :-) I see the whole pissing contest With phone specifications this is my opinion to each his own.

The smartphone game has been a pissing contest since the first iphone dude lol.

The smartphone game has been a pissing contest since the first iphone dude lol.

But nonetheless to each his or her own. I just want to Samsung to add a actual wide angle lens.

Posted (edited)

Is it likely safe to get the Unlocked/Unbranded model or might you lose some Sprint Features?  Is it the better choice?

As I recall, the unbranded S8 and S9 originally could not get LTE Calling until a bypass was developed.

For S8 and Note 8, it ended up being better to get the branded model, because brand switching was implemented based on Sim and you can switch from and brand, say from Sprint to AT&T with 100% complete carrier specific features just by changing sim.

However for S9, brand switching was never implemented (so far?) for the branded versions.  Does anyone know what the rationale is for the brand-switching difference between S8/Note 8 and S9?

For S9, and presumably Note 9, is it better to get the Unbranded version to ensure portability?   Or will there likely be Sprint features missing in the unbranded version of the Note9?

Thanks for any ideas on this.

Edited by comintel

I prefer the unlocked versions myself.  

I prefer the unlocked versions myself.  

I would love to be able to afford an unlocked phone but running over $1000 that’s way too expensive

18 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I would love to be able to afford an unlocked phone but running over $1000 that’s way too expensive

I'm able to get it down to ~819 by taking advantage of the right promotions.  Sell the headphones for another $100 and it's at 719.  Sell my current device and it gets even lower.  Having said this, I'll probably wait for the S10.

I'm able to get it down to ~819 by taking advantage of the right promotions.  Sell the headphones for another $100 and it's at 719.  Sell my current device and it gets even lower.  Having said this, I'll probably wait for the S10.

I want to start seeing three cameras on the back of the new galaxy phones coming out in the future when that happens I’ll gladly get one and when they start offering a legitimate wide-angle lens like the iPhone and LG offers then I will gladly come back.

Just now, danlodish345 said:

I want to start seeing three cameras on the back of the new galaxy phones coming out in the future when that happens I’ll gladly get one and when they start offering a legitimate wide-angle lens like the iPhone and LG offers then I will gladly come back.

yeah I could care less about that but I get some people may like that.

yeah I could care less about that but I get some people may like that.

And an increase in battery life that’s another one I forgot to say

I was really hoping for some improved cameras but not much else. Im so on the fence its not funny. My 8+ functions relatively well, getting a little slow sometimes, but overall I have no complaints. Im definitely leaning towards waiting though in bcb hopes of more camera improvements

I was really hoping for some improved cameras but not much else. Im so on the fence its not funny. My 8+ functions relatively well, getting a little slow sometimes, but overall I have no complaints. Im definitely leaning towards waiting though in bcb hopes of more camera improvements

Well it doesn’t have a wide angle lense.... but on the plus side it has a large amount of storage space for the base model. It also has a very big screen which is amazing. And the much larger battery. So let’s see how this phone pans out.

Can the unlocked 512GB version be used on the Sprint network?

On 8/10/2018 at 5:50 PM, danlodish345 said:

The latest addition of galaxy phones has been unsatisfactory to me.

The S9/Note 9 are both top tier phones that match or exceed oltheir competition. However I think we can all tell that Samsung held back this year in order to pull out all the stops for their next round of devices. 

Can the unlocked 512GB version be used on the Sprint network?

I don't see why not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Note 9 delivered, pictures and SCP shots later....

• Like 6

just from 2caScreenshot_20180823-102555_Speedtest.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2