Jump to content
lilotimz

The S4GRU BYOD Sim Compatibility Chart

Recommended Posts

I'll try and keep this as updated as possible as information becomes available. 

Maybe i'll find one time to do one for all of Sprints devices eventually... 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very helpful. Also, very frustrating. I thought the thing about SIM cars was that they were universal?

Could you add the S8 Active?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jamesinclair said:

Very helpful. Also, very frustrating. I thought the thing about SIM cars was that they were universal?

Could you add the S8 Active?

I'll make a spreadsheet for non BYOD devices in time. 


Sims are sorta "universal" if you take into considering the BYOD ones. The great reason why Sprint has so many sim variants is they're developing the sim card module as they update their network and devices. They have little experience in that category so must constantly iterate  in order to take advantage of new technological developments on the handset and on the network side. We can see this move from USIMs to CSIMs and now ISIMs. 

S8 Active is..

CZ4114LWQ SIMOLW416Q 854798005125

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lilotimz said:

I'll make a spreadsheet for non BYOD devices in time. 


Sims are sorta "universal" if you take into considering the BYOD ones. The great reason why Sprint has so many sim variants is they're developing the sim card module as they update their network and devices. They have little experience in that category so must constantly iterate  in order to take advantage of new technological developments on the handset and on the network side. We can see this move from USIMs to CSIMs and now ISIMs. 

S8 Active is..

CZ4114LWQ SIMOLW416Q 854798005125

I'm kind of confused as to why the new SIMs aren't backwards compatible in that case. In China, with China Telecom, it was great. They're a CDMA/LTE carrier very much like Sprint, but it was one SIM for all devices, just like a GSM carrier. Their SIM cards (UICC I assume with CSIM app and... ISIM app? USIM app? I'm not sure) were even able to be used in a Sprint LG G5 I had with me - 3G/voice was EV-DO/1xRTT and LTE on Band 3/26. What makes it so hard for Sprint to do something similar, at least with all devices that don't use NV programming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this, I was able to help telesales send me the correct SIM for my phone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bill875 said:

@lilotimz, do you know what the SIM SIMOLW506TQ is used for?  According to https://bestcellular.com/product/simolw506tq/, it covers a wide range of phones for Sprint.

That's the ISIM BYOD Sim card. 

It supports the: 

Blue S1, HP Envy x2, Orbic Wonder, Samsung Galaxy S9, Samsung Galaxy S9+

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the chart all the time, thanks.

Could you possibly update it with the sim needed for Note 9?

Thanks.

Edited by comintel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, comintel said:

I use the chart all the time, thanks.

Could you possibly update it with the sim needed for Note 9?

Thanks.

 SIMOLW506TQ or SIMGLW406TQ.

Ill  do it when i'm back home next weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

 SIMOLW506TQ or SIMGLW406TQ.

Ill  do it when i'm back home next weekend.

Thanks so much for the valuable information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×