The S4GRU AIO / BYOD Sim Compatibility Chart

On 8/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, lilotimz said:

SIMOLW416TQ or 516TQ from the byod Sim kit

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you 

11 hours ago, jacktrck said:

Thank you 

No problems.

Barring any last minute things going on over here, I'll be bringing the spreadsheet up to date sometime today. 

What would happen if I put a iPhone 8 SIM in a iPhone 6s??? I find it odd that Sprint needs different SIM's for different phone's when the other 3 carriers and MVNO's can provide a single universal SIM...

What would happen if I put a iPhone 8 SIM in a iPhone 6s??? I find it odd that Sprint needs different SIM's for different phone's when the other 3 carriers and MVNO's can provide a single universal SIM...
It will not authenticate and the iPhone 6 will not have service.

Sprint Sims are paired to device and specific to device models as currently designed.

39 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

It will not authenticate and the iPhone 6 will not have service.

Sprint Sims are paired to device and specific to device models as currently designed.

I meant to mention assuming I could update the associated IMEI through the website. 

I am a little confused.

I have an old Sprint LG G2 (US model). I do  not think those came with SIMs. Would I be able to use this service? 

On 8/18/2019 at 11:22 AM, lilotimz said:

No problems.

Barring any last minute things going on over here, I'll be bringing the spreadsheet up to date sometime today. 

Do you know if a Sprint LG G2 would work? I dont think those have any SIMs. 

10 hours ago, rebelx said:

Do you know if a Sprint LG G2 would work? I dont think those have any SIMs. 

The G2 UICC is integrated onto the motherboard iirc. When my father had it when it was first released (we got the Nexus 5, S4T, G2 as our first triband phones!) there was only the microSD slot. 

I posted s entry on the General Forum but I think this is more appropriate.

I purchased a used iPhone 7 for my son. It was formerly on the Verizon network. I believe the iPhone 7 for Verizon was unlocked from the get go. I researched and found (I think) the SIM I need is the SIMOLW506C. I grabbed one off eBay but didn't realize it was a "C" card (the letter in the big black dot on the SIM card (credit card size)). The Sprint site says I should use the "A" card. Trying to use the "C" card I get and "invalid ICCID" when trying to enter it into the Sprint Activate Phone wizard. Is this to be expected? Will just getting an "A" card (which I purchased on eBay but have not received as yet) solve my "Invalid ICCID" issue?

In hindsight I suspect I should have ordered the SIM Kit direct from Sprint but that's always 20:20.

So what do the different SIM Identifiers (A,B,C) mean for otherwise seemingly identical SIMs?

Thanks.

J

Silly me rather then ordering the SIM kit from Sprint due to ignorance on my part I obtained this
on eBay. When I enter the ICCID into the Sprint Activate tool it says it's invalid.
I see there are also cards with the same Part number that have a "A" instead of the "C" and wondered
if that might be my problem because this site says the iPhone 7 needs an "A".
https://www.sprint.com/content/dam/sprint/us/en/campaigns/byod/compatible-sims-2019/compatible-phones-sims.pdf

I have subsequently ordered and am waiting on the official Sprint SIM Kit hoping I will have better results.
I also wonder what validation Sprint does to determine a ICCID is valid or not.

image.png

So.. I have a Sanyo Taho by Kyocera. It is a sprint phone. Sprint BYOD accepts the IMEI but it wants me to enter the sim card number to add a line. It does not give an option to order sim card from sprint directly. It is an old flip phone and does not really need a sim. Settings does not show ICCID.

I have a few Kyocera Kona flip phones too. BYOD accepts the IMEI but needs sim card number. Which I don't have for it (and no way to put a sim card inside the phone either). No idea how to find ICCID

Any help?

3 hours ago, sowhatwegetdrunk said:

So.. I have a Sanyo Taho by Kyocera. It is a sprint phone. Sprint BYOD accepts the IMEI but it wants me to enter the sim card number to add a line. It does not give an option to order sim card from sprint directly. It is an old flip phone and does not really need a sim. Settings does not show ICCID.

I have a few Kyocera Kona flip phones too. BYOD accepts the IMEI but needs sim card number. Which I don't have for it (and no way to put a sim card inside the phone either). No idea how to find ICCID

Any help?

ICCID = SIM CARD NUMBER. Without a SIM card there is no ICCID...

1 minute ago, TechGuru said:

ICCID = SIM CARD NUMBER. Without a SIM card there is no ICCID...

No idea why sprint website wants one. I called and they have no clue too

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2020 at 7:12 PM, sowhatwegetdrunk said:

No idea why sprint website wants one. I called and they have no clue too

That is a known limitation in the web site for those old phones.

In general, just get the rep to add it for you (assuming it still can be added at all - see list of obsolete devices that can no longer be activated:

https://www.sprint.com/en/support/account/oma-slot/devices.html )

Actually it looks as if  some of the models you mention are on there and cannot be activated any more.

Edited by comintel

Found this thread hoping someone can assist. Just bought a Motorola G Stylus and trying to activate on Tello, which uses Sprint. I was advised by Tello to get SIMOLW516TQ *OR* SIMOLW416TQ.

I bought a Sprint BYOD 4-in-1 with a SIMOLW516TQ. But when I try to activate Tello is telling me the SIM is not compatible. It seems no one can tell me what SIM card this phone needs. 

A couple questions?: 

• What SIM do I need? 
  • Do I need a SIMOLW416TQ? They seem hard to come by online, at least when searching on that term. 
  • Looking at the "BYOD Sim Guide by lilotimz.pdf" spreadsheet, I'm confused how many line items with "SIMOLW516TQ" as the BYOD Part # also list "SIMOLW416TQ" as the Primary or Secondary part number. Are these SIM cards actually the same? 

Appreciate any insight!

Any word yet on the new iPhone SE 2020?

Thank you

Any word yet on the new iPhone SE 2020?
Thank you

CZ2114TLWQ
SIMGLW416TQ

CZ4114TLWQ
SIMOLW416TQ

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

CZ2114TLWQ
SIMGLW416TQ

CZ4114TLWQ
SIMOLW416TQ

Thank you

49 minutes ago, norwoodsteel said:

Thank you

No problem. I'll find time to update the chart this weekend.

Been quite busy with the shelter in place stuff and being in the IT industry (busy busy busy). 

• Like 1

Better yet.  Any word on eSIM support on the SE?

You rock! Thank you so much for this.

Would you happen to know what the Sonim xp8 will need?

What is the difference between SOI0003a and SGI0003a

On 3/12/2018 at 2:08 AM, lilotimz said:

I'll try and keep this as updated as possible as information becomes available. 

In PDF style: here

To purchase the Sprint 4-in-1 BYOD Sim Card Kit: https://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/accessory/ao_details.jsp?accSKU=121700244&accCatId=78300001&deviceIndependent=true

Contains: SIMOLW516TQ, SIMOLW506TQ, SIMOLW416Q, and SIMOLW506C

Maybe i'll find one time to do one for all of Sprints devices eventually... 

Can you add the Galaxy Z Flip 5G?