Sign in to follow this  
imex99

Gear S3 Frontier

Anyone have it?

Having issues with Floors not being counted....

Really like the watch so far!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have it and yeah, the floor counting is a bit finicky. Some days it counts well and other days it doesn't count at all.

• Like 1

I have the new gear sport and noticed if you don't climb at least 12 or more steps at a time it won't count for a floor.

• Like 1

Really enjoying this Frontier though, good purchase!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

At work (on a ship) it might only show 3-4 flights of stairs in a day. Although, i probably do at least a hundred. At a waterslide last year it showed that I climbed about 300 flights of stairs. So, I think the 12 steps is accurate. 

Also, it is still working after all that. I'd feel safe swimming with it. 

Looks like Samsung lost me as a smartwatch customer, won't be upgrading my S3 Frontier anytime soon to the new Samsung watch. Everything I've read, they took out MST (magnetic secure transmission), which is the ability to use Samsung pay on most card readers!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone having problem with text messages on this phone, specifically with viewing pictures? I am using Google Message and when I receive a text with a picture, my phone shows the text, but only shows "picture" instead of the actual picture. I remember when I first got this phone, this wasn't an issue, so not sure if a Samsung or google update caused this problem.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• This is in fort bend county, they have the entire 196MHz there.
    • I know the guy who'll be doing drive testing for their Fastest Networks report in Austin, hence asking. What's funny is, when they do those tests, TMo will be at its nadir, while Sprint will be very much alive still in tons of places.
    • Honestly the past 2 - 3 weeks I have seen a big improvement in download speeds even during heavy foot traffic on the Sprint Tower at Fashion Square Mall in Ch’ville. This is the one I’m always connected to at my apartment up the street. Upload speeds still averaging 2.4-5.xx but download speeds use to be around 25 down during heavy foot traffic times and 30-40 download speeds when the load wasn’t so heavy. Where my apartment is I’m always connected to Band 41. I am impressed that the download speeds have made a big improvement lately. 
    • I don't have a Sprint phone to check, but does this mean Sprint Small Cells are no longer operational? IIRC, 160 Mhz was all the EBS/BRS spectrum Sprint owned in Houston. (I remember reading they owned or had leases for the entire EBS/BRS Band, but I don't feel like searching the FCC site to verify this.) Not turning off the small cells using LTE UE Relay for backhaul (which is all of them AFAIK) could create issues if all Sprint owned in Houston was 160 Mhz.
    • T-Mobile offers roaming on their WCDMA/HSPA network for CDMA-less Verizon devices; the agreement is reciprocal. I believe LTE roaming on Verizon is restricted to only certain areas.