lilotimz

How to Spot Sprint 8T8R TD-LTE RRHs (Ericsson)

Ericsson RRUS82 2.5 GHz 8T8R

Now being found in Ericsson vendor territory, these augment the existing Nokia Flexi 2.5 8T8R radios in place.

Hn7E7wT.jpg

iHxEfNU.jpg

Photo Credits: mdob07

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By lilotimz
      Ericsson AIR6488 B41 Massive MIMO Antenna Radio Unit
      This 64T64R Massive MIMO units will be likely found in Ericsson vendor territory from network vision days. It will be easily identified by it's lack of an external remote radio like Sprints typical LTE equipment and its size being significantly smaller than Sprints existing 800,1.9, and 2.5  equipment. 

Source: Sprint

Additional Photos from FCC Filing
    • By lilotimz
      Ericsson RRUS31 B25 + RRUS11 B26
      These are the newest and greatest remote radio units to come from Ericsson. 

The new Ericsson RRUS31  B25 should be fairly distinctive compared to the earlier RRUS11s and now the RRUS12s being deployed by ATT and Verizon. One of these new RRUS31s can do the job of two earlier RRUS11s thus reducing deployment costs for Sprint and complexity in deploying new sites and making it easier for users to spot as there are now 4 jumpers coming out of one RRUS31 rather than two from each RRUS11 that Ericsson originally deployed. 

All future deployments will be utilizing the new Ericsson RRUS31s. In addition Ericsson are sending crews to their original deployments and swapping out older RRUS11s for these new RRUS31s due to the aforementioned fact that one RRUS31 can do the job of 2 RRUS11s. Weight savings will be significant at sites where there are 4 or 5 RRUS11 B25s that can be replaced by one or 2 RRUS31s. The Ericsson RRUS31 deployment project is known as the 65 Mhz Project. 

Ericsson RRUS11 B26 top and RRUS31 B25 bottom

Ericsson High Capacity / 4x4/2 MIMO Deployment
      Note the additional antenna + PCS radio.
      Previously Ericsson utilized additional PCS radios and used RF combiners for high capacity setups where they utilized three or more PCS radios. This new setup will utilize a completey new antenna + radio set just like Samsung and run 4x2 MIMO on the LTE antenna / radio set. 

Ericsson RRUS11 B25 [EOL'd] and B26
      A standard Ericsson Network Vision 1.0 site with 3 RRUS11s where two are dedicated to PCS and one to SMR.  

This type of setup is no longer deployed or utilized in new sites. Existing sites will be slowly converted to newer RRUS31 B25 via the Sprint 65 mhz project. 

Ericsson NV high capacity site [EOL'd]
      3 or 4 PCS RRUs are present for a total of 4 or 5 RRUS11s per antenna. 

Close up of Antennas

Ericsson cabinets 
      (center)

All credit to those who took the photographs. They know who they are!

• By KDKobes
      Try to make this as short and simple as possible. I have three devices; 2 of which are on the same plan and the third on a separate plan.

The third device is my tab 4 which is picking up SprintB41 site 310120 just great. I get 3 bars downstairs.

My other two devices; Galaxy Note 4 & Galaxy Note Edge for some reason will not pick up this tower. I have tried PRL updates, Profile updates, restarted the phones and all I can get them to connect to is a ClearwireB41 site.

More background info...all devices have same Sim card as when purchased, tablet stays off 3/4 of the day and my phones are on when I wake up and turn them off at night. No matter where I go inside or out my phones won't connect to the Sprint site.

Anybody have any ideas before I call Sprint trying to figure something out? I'm not sure how long the tablet has been able to connect to this site so I'm not sure what to think of it besides agitated that the tablet of all things is connecting. I posted two photos; one of the tablet connected to the Sprint site; second of the Clear wire site my phones connect to.

Thanks in advance.

• By dkyeager
      Sprint appears to be redoing the B41 Coverage map on a city by city basis.  Much more realistic than prior version.   Slight exaggeration remains in a few local spots, but this is far far outweighed by B41 that is not shown.  http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=SJS:HE:Cov

• By BlueAngel
      So in my discoveries of latching onto B41 I have noticed several oddities.

Mainly speed; and those horrible pings!: image

Is this tower somehow still connected to old WiMax backhaul? (regardless of which tower I am connected to speeds are in the pits like shown above). image

I am supposed to be in a Sprint Spark Turbo market and the speeds are considerably worse than B25, B26 seems to be in testing I don't stay connected long enough to do any tests. But regardless of signal strength the speeds are generally the same on B41. Don't know if this is in the right place but I figured I would take a shot.
    • I activated two Xs Max iPhones via Sprint’s website on Friday, both had the same problem. After the first error, I carefully checked the IMEI that Sprint’s website listed, and the last digit was missing. I manually input the IMEI and activated without problems. When I began the second activation I checked the IMEI first, and the website was again incorrect. So I manually input the IMEI and successfully activated the second phone.
    • Decimal GCI as been there in the Premier Hunters maps for a long time.  Typically we try to keep sponsor maps a little easier to understand, but could do it if requested.
    • I’m about to upgrade four of our lines to iPhone XS in the next few days. The other 3 lines we have are on Android. I’ve always waited for the first batch to ship out in case there are any zero-day problems with the device, software, activation or accessories availability. This year it’s UPS delivery and activation issues. Hope everything settles down this week.
    • records request through the city of san diego...  the city has a master agreement with mobilitie for up to 500 sites.   there should be a 3rd and 4th batch soon, since the 2nd batch isn't even done yet ( I just saw them replace a light pole in pacific beach yesterday, its on the list. )   Just asking...any one know of any work being done in the city of san marcos?