Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Is sprint lte slowing down as more users get on it. i noticed that caste rock had 10/15 mbs no more like 3 mb/s

This will happen in newly deployed markets. More and more phones will start connecting to b25 which will result in it slowing down. Things that will fix it include: turning on more and more sites with LTE which will even out the usage across more towers, another b25 carrier, b26/b41. Until then, you will just have to deal with it. 

Or leave? 

Until then, you will just have to deal with it.

He doesn't have to deal with it. Legere's got a spot in his chambers just for him. Come feel the magenta love.

Seriously, if Sprint doesn't meet his needs, he should go with the wireless provider who does.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

He doesn't have to deal with it. Legere's got a spot in his chambers just for him. Come feel the magenta love.

Seriously, if Sprint doesn't meet his needs, he should go with the wireless provider who does.

Ah yes, I forgot to put that part at the end of my sentence as I usually do. I've edited it. 

With sprint having 5x5 deployment of lte slow speeds will follow only the wimax band offers 20x20 the only problem is that according to sprint they need 30000 towers. Yesterday i exchanged lg g2 for nexus 5 and it required lots of updates to get it working but sprint network seems to be worked on or data was down along santa fe from mineral down north, i made to hampden and lte and 3g were on but no data. My other line lg g2 did not get any data either, I hope more sprint lte is coming.  The problem with sprint is that most of lte phones have 1900mhz lte but it makes most sense to invest into 800 mhz lte sadly sprint seems to be jumping all over frequencies investing into 1900, 800 2600 at same time this gives poor lte coverage. 

With sprint having 5x5 deployment of lte slow speeds will follow only the wimax band offers 20x20 the only problem is that according to sprint they need 30000 towers. Yesterday i exchanged lg g2 for nexus 5 and it required lots of updates to get it working but sprint network seems to be worked on or data was down along santa fe from mineral down north, i made to hampden and lte and 3g were on but no data. My other line lg g2 did not get any data either, I hope more sprint lte is coming.  The problem with sprint is that most of lte phones have 1900mhz lte but it makes most sense to invest into 800 mhz lte sadly sprint seems to be jumping all over frequencies investing into 1900, 800 2600 at same time this gives poor lte coverage. 

I'll say it again. You're in denver. It's a new market and you are going to have issues like what you are experiencing. Does that mean it will stay like that forever? No, absolutely not. It makes all the sense in the world for sprint to invest in a tri-band network. 800 for range, 1900 for in-between, and 2.5 for capacity especially with the new 8t8r antennas performing similar to 1900 in terms of range, with 2 to 8x the speed and even higher speeds to come. Without 800, sprint would be in the same crappy situation Tmobile is. No low frequency spectrum to fix the indoor building penetration debacle. Without 2.5 ghz, sprint would not exist. 

More LTE IS coming. It's a guarantee. 

Even if you watch HD streaming on your phone, I guarantee that 3Mb/sec is more than enough. On a screen that small, you absolutely will not notice the difference between 1080 and 720. Probably would be hard pressed to notice the difference between 720 and, say 650 or similar. You're getting caught up in the "my screen size/ppi/network speed/megapixels is/are bigger than yours" numbers game. Anything above 3-5 Mb/sec on a phone/phablet is unnecessary, it's just nice to have.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That is nice but I never seen anything like that on my phone but it sees lg g2 has issues. I seen 276 mb/s on t-mobile few times. 

Please review the posting guidelines.  You're nearing the end of our tolerance.  All you post is how you're unhappy with Sprint and how you love T-Mobile.  We don't host Sprint complaints, nor Tmo advertisements.  If Sprint doesn't meet your needs, move on from Sprint and S4GRU, please.

Robert

• Like 4

I'm having some trouble deciphering your post, but here it goes...

Sprint's initial LTE deployment on the PCS G Block is 5x5 (Band 25), Sprint will in short order deploy a second LTE carrier in the SMR spectrum that will also be a 5x5 carrier (Band 26). That will double the capacity in the area. Sprint is also quickly deploying Band 41 equipment that will broadcast 20MHz TDD-LTE carriers. I'm not sure where you are coming up with 20x20, that doesn't exist.

In areas where PCS LTE has been deployed for some time, it's very possible that the number of customers has surpassed the number that the particular site in Castle Rock can support. However, once Sprint adds the additional LTE carriers, that problem will go away assuming you have a tri-band device.

Sprint "jumping all over frequencies" at the same time is NOT causing poor coverage. There have been a few issues getting sites in Denver upgraded, mainly backhaul companies not delivering the high speed internet (fiber) on time. That is what is causing the hold up, and the delay in deploying additional LTE carriers. Every site in the Denver area is LTE ready, and 80-90% are ready for both Band 25 and Band 26 as soon as backhaul arrives. More sites every day are being prepared for Band 41 equipment which will support peak speeds of 70+Mbps when activated. 

• Like 4

Does anyone know where I can get mega ultra super duper HD? I like to watch that on my 5 inch screen phone because I can tell a difference. I heard I'll need at LEAST 1GBPS. Is that what you guys are talking about when you say LTE?

Sorry, not trying to feed the troll but I had to.

• Like 1

What is Sprint doing about/with CAT 6 LTE-A? Is the current equipment or the equipment going up now capable of CAT 6? Or VoLTE?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

The entire Sprint LTE network is VoLTE capable. Sprint will prefer VoLTE on FDD-LTE networks over TDD.

Sprint currently has only announced they will use LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation on Band 41. All Sprint B41 8T8R sites will support LTE Advanced and CA with just software upgrades. Sprint B25 and B26 can also be upgraded relatively easily to support LTE-A and CA, but Sprint currently has no plans to aggregate any carriers in those bands. So adding LTE-A to those bands is kind of pointless at this time.

However, Sprint may choose to utilize LTE-A and CA in Band 2/25 in the future as it starts to deploy more LTE in additional PCS spectrum.

• Like 1

After leaving for a long time, I am back to say that I am completely happy with what Sprint has done.  I get LTE at home, typically between 7-15 mbps, I get LTE at work though it went away for three days last week but now is back up and speeds have increased from about .71 mbps to 5-7 mbps.  I also get LTE for most of my commute which admittedly runs right through LTE darling Commerce City.

But I get LTE throughout most of the city, and where I don't the 3g speeds seem to be so much better than they were before.  Speed tests do not typically confirm this but I feel like things are loading faster.  Can that be a thing?

Anyway, I'm ecstatic for what I have seen over the last 18 months and grateful to this site for keeping me grounded when I was fed up and ready to leave for another carrier.  I now have great service which has inspired 4 more people to join my Framil (still hate saying that name) and my bill has dropped by nearly 70 a month.

It's not for everyone I suppose, but I want to give big thumbs up to the S4GRU crew for really working hard to keep us all in the loop throughout the deployment thus far. 

Very excited to see what comes next!

• Like 5

But I get LTE throughout most of the city, and where I don't the 3g speeds seem to be so much better than they were before.  Speed tests do not typically confirm this but I feel like things are loading faster.  Can that be a thing?

Yes, it could be a thing. New equipment means better 3G management, which may or may not increase speeds, but could reduce ping times leading to a faster "feel."

• Like 1

Yes, it could be a thing. New equipment means better 3G management, which may or may not increase speeds, but could reduce ping times leading to a faster "feel."

Seems like the LTE gets turned on and initially ping times are really high. Then they fine tune and it gets much better. I watched this happen (still need fine tuning for the west end towers) in Greeley. The process went just as described over and over, put up antennas, wait for backhaul (fiber installs seemed to be terribly slow which Sprint cannot control), wait for Century Link to connect the fiber to their network as they micromanage every bit of in ground communication here, turn on the Sprint equipment, fine tune, increase speeds again, then winning.

I agree with the improvements and am much happier than I was before. Some issues, but progress by the end of summer in all of Northern Colorado. Glad I stuck around!

Thanks to this group, its leadership, and members for seeing me through the dark times!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think anything well change for the Full launch of Denver with the new price changes that might be coming down the line later this week?  I am getting LTE most place I drive these days but never been able to lock on to Band 41 with my nexus 5.  I guess the Band 25 is stronger where I am driving on Parker Rd.

They used to not accept a site when the ping was above 90ms in drive testing. Now they are waiting to do drive testing on LTE until optimization. So higher pings from the vendor are not getting resolved until optimization now in many instances.