Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Would there be any interest or benefit in logging the "serving cell" info from the LTE engineering screens for various sites we know we are connected to? 

Would there be any interest or benefit in logging the "serving cell" info from the LTE engineering screens for various sites we know we are connected to?

it will help you mostly when there are neighboring sites going live. Once you have the three sectors for a site you will know when a new one pops up that another site is live. Take a look at utah or Columbus market they both us a spreadsheet to track these, as well i know other markets do this I'm most familiar with these two markets in particular.

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

Absolutely. We can track then in the Sponsor thread, that way you can know what site you are connected to, and be abled to tell when new sites go live.

Welcome! Since you're a sponsor you've probably taken a look at the sites that are in your area that are getting upgraded. Colorado is on the verge of having a big cluster launch. The reps that are saying Sprint will not get any better are imbeciles and should honestly not be working for Sprint. My recommendation to you and your friends and family with sprint, is to show them this website. I've been tracking the rollout in my own city, and it kept me sane having this forum to come too for information. In fact, you might say its the only reason I stayed with Sprint.

Thanks for the reply. I have very briefly skimmed around looking at a few maps. Honestly, I'm not real sure exactly what I'm looking at or for just yet. A bit overwhelming till I have more time and can dig in a bit deeper. 

I'm content to wait now that I know for a fact that Sprint is finally actually doing something to improve service. She's a bit harder to convince that someone isn't still blowing smoke up her backside. Then again, I work in Ft Collins and usually don't have as many issues with signal while I'm out and about as she does while she is at home. If my signal is bad, my work phone is Verizon, so I guess I'm not quite as eager to jump ship as I once was. 

\

I have a question for the knowledgeable people here. I've been suffering with sprint for awhile now but decided to renew with them because of the coming 4g. I've been stalking sensory a lot lately and for the past 2 months or so there has been purple lte at my work location. (right around Wadsworth and Belleview) I can't connect to it automatically but when I switch the phones priority to 4G in the settings it will bring the 4g lte icon to the top of my phone for about a minute before switching back to 3g.

My question would be if there's a way to force my phone to connect to the 4g and stay connected. I've been to the lte engineering screen and all bands are currently enabled already. I have an lg g2 by the way.

Sorry for asking, Ive tried searching but I haven't found a definitive answer on the forum.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I have a question for the knowledgeable people here. I've been suffering with sprint for awhile now but decided to renew with them because of the coming 4g. I've been stalking sensory a lot lately and for the past 2 months or so there has been purple lte at my work location. (right around Wadsworth and Belleview) I can't connect to it automatically but when I switch the phones priority to 4G in the settings it will bring the 4g lte icon to the top of my phone for about a minute before switching back to 3g.

My question would be if there's a way to force my phone to connect to the 4g and stay connected. I've been to the lte engineering screen and all bands are currently enabled already. I have an lg g2 by the way.

Sorry for asking, Ive tried searching but I haven't found a definitive answer on the forum.

5689#*980#

IOT(CDG2)

Data Centric

• Like 2

5689#*980#

IOT(CDG2)

Data Centric

I just got a 10mb download speed and shed a tear. Thank you so much.

Edit: now if it would only go to the back of the break room. Lol

Edited by DenverNugs

So glad I was referred to this site. I'm up north in the Loveland/Berthoud area just west of I-25. We have been Sprint customers for years and went from having good 3g service to next to nothing. My wife has spent countless hours with Sprint getting the runaround on our service, and she's about ready to jump ship even with the hefty etf's. Just Wednesday, she spoke with a Sprint rep who told her that all upgrades and work was complete in our area and that she was closing our ticket, regardless of us not having service even in our own home. She was told the work was done and that the service was not going to get any better. I've tried till  I'm blue in the face to tell my wife that that simply isn't true.Unfortunately, she's been given the same song and dance for so long, she is no longer able to believe that the service will get better and doesn't care if it does...she's tired of waiting. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to make better sense of it all, and trying to find out what the real story is.

I was in Loveland a month ago, and got 4Glte from the sports center on the east side of the hwy. You are not getting any service at all?

I just got a 10mb download speed and shed a tear. Thank you so much.

Edit: now if it would only go to the back of the break room. Lol

When you force Lte, you won't have voice calls. But who cares? I work at Wadsworth and Tufts. I've checked the sites around us, and we only have a few that haven't been upgraded. They just have to do the final testing and flip the switch for our cluster. You should do great at your location when they accept our clusters and turn on Lte....

• Like 1

I was in Loveland a month ago, and got 4Glte from the sports center on the east side of the hwy. You are not getting any service at all?

3g and that is weak here at the house. We used to get great service at home, but since the upgrades started service has been awful. My note 2 seems to do better than the galaxy s4 my wife has. I'm guessing I should take any more specifics to the sponsor forum for our area

• Like 1

When you force Lte, you won't have voice calls. But who cares? I work at Wadsworth and Tufts. I've checked the sites around us, and we only have a few that haven't been upgraded. They just have to do the final testing and flip the switch for our cluster. You should do great at your location when they accept our clusters and turn on Lte....

Yeah I had a feeling there would be a trade off but I'll take what I can get for now. Can't wait for all the great things to come. I was close to jumping ship but once they flip the switch I'll be able to finally enjoy the unlimited data I've been paying for.

3g and that is weak here at the house. We used to get great service at home, but since the upgrades started service has been awful. My note 2 seems to do better than the galaxy s4 my wife has. I'm guessing I should take any more specifics to the sponsor forum for our area

go to our Colorado forum thread for more info..... just scroll down all of the forums till you hit it.... Good luck!

Also just out of curiosity, will I not get voice calls just when I'm connected to 4g? Or is that constant when data Centric is enabled?

When you're on data centric, it's basically LTE only, which means you will not get calls or texts. When you are on a regular setting, you will get calls and texts on 4G. 

Right now, something called Circuit Switched Fallback is not in place across the Denver metro area, it's what allows you to get texts and calls while on 4G. Without it, your phone will reject any LTE connections. Once sites are upgraded and CSFB is in place, everything will work as expected!

Here's an article on the subject if you want to know more: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

• Like 1

When you're on data centric, it's basically LTE only, which means you will not get calls or texts. When you are on a regular setting, you will get calls and texts on 4G. 

Right now, something called Circuit Switched Fallback is not in place across the Denver metro area, it's what allows you to get texts and calls while on 4G. Without it, your phone will reject any LTE connections. Once sites are upgraded and CSFB is in place, everything will work as expected!

Here's an article on the subject if you want to know more: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Gosh, I can't believe Sprint continued to sell phones with this feature knowing there were areas that would definitely be affected. Oh well. I'll just keep waiting and hopefully the tri-band connection will be worth it.

Gosh, I can't believe Sprint continued to sell phones with this feature knowing there were areas that would definitely be affected. Oh well. I'll just keep waiting and hopefully the tri-band connection will be worth it.

When the issue was fully realized, they pushed the first tri-band devices back a couple of months. Delays and other problems have caused the issue to be prolonged more than expected. A few more months and it should all be cleared up.

• Like 1

9uhemysu.jpg

This is on a Saturday at Countyline and University or University and 470. Confirmed Sprint. On the side of a building even. Neat.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm confused by what they are doing at that site. I've watched it over the past few months when I've been down in that area (it's near my parents' house). They have swapped out the antennas multiple times.

I'm confused by what they are doing at that site. I've watched it over the past few months when I've been down in that area (it's near my parents' house). They have swapped out the antennas multiple times.

Can you confirm where this site is for me? If you post the ID, make sure to do that in the Sponsor forum.

Can you confirm where this site is for me? If you post the ID, make sure to do that in the Sponsor forum.

Just posted the site ID in the sponsor thread. It is just north on C470 and University Blvd.

Hey Dk, im in el paso texas right now and i notice that when im ising the data, my voice signal dissapears on my lg g2 , its that what the ecsfb switch does?{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1395545475062.jpg

Yep. Single transmission path. One connection at a time.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Got LTE for the first time on Smoky Hill and Himalaya in Aurora. Just mapped on sensorly. Awesome!

Same here. I took my kids to a playground near Southlands Mall today and when I got to the playground my phone said 1x. About 5 min later I looked at my phone and it said LTE! I couldn't believe my eyes. Speeds weren't the greatest, but I didn't care because it's a great start in my opinion, and it proves progress is being made! The photo doesn't show LTE at the top because I forgot to take a screenshot when it happened, and had to pull the results up when I got home. u6ybu8e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mjfadaway