lilotimz

Sprint VoLTE Discussion Thread Redux

Lost VoLTE again here in cleveland area.

2 minutes ago, clbowens said:

Lost VoLTE again here in cleveland area.

It's gone in central Illinois as well. 

VOLTE is in the Columbus market and working awesome on the S10 variants.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

VoLTE was enabled in my area for two days and has been off ever since. 

6 hours ago, imex99 said:

VOLTE is in the Columbus market and working awesome on the S10 variants.

Why does the S10 get it but S9 doesn't?

Why does the S10 get it but S9 doesn't?
Not sure but hopefully very soon, guessing they wanted to launch it on the new flagship and push some onto it as a feature.

Anyone have insight as to what is keeping the VoLTE rollout to previous devices from being more widespread. I understand that it's based on a software update to the UE, but are there network or other issues being resolved before doing so? 

Anyone have insight as to what is keeping the VoLTE rollout to previous devices from being more widespread. I understand that it's based on a software update to the UE, but are there network or other issues being resolved before doing so? 
There's really no reason. One member here just figured out how to hack the Pixel to force VoLTE to be enabled (root required), and it works perfectly. It was literally just forcing the toggle to appear... The VoLTE implemention is standard and the software and config is already there, it just needs forced on. Sprint is just limiting the rollout, either because they feel the network isn't ready, or for other reasons.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ingenium said:

There's really no reason. One member here just figured out how to hack the Pixel to force VoLTE to be enabled (root required), and it works perfectly. It was literally just forcing the toggle to appear... The VoLTE implemention is standard and the software and config is already there, it just needs forced on. Sprint is just limiting the rollout, either because they feel the network isn't ready, or for other reasons.

I remember seeing something on Reddit that said it's the way Sprint's system deals with SIM cards or something like that. That's why it's not available on older devices yet. 

2 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

I remember seeing something on Reddit that said it's the way Sprint's system deals with SIM cards or something like that. That's why it's not available on older devices yet. 

Any device with an ISIM can be updated with an IMS profile for VoLTE. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Any device with an ISIM can be updated with an IMS profile for VoLTE. 

So devices with integrated SIM can do VoLTE but devices with regular SIM cards can't yet?

VoLTE icon just came back here in Cleveland area.

• Like 2

I've only been using VoLTE for less than a week now but I have to say that I have no issues so far in either New York or Boston. Cal quality has been great (especially to Verizon customers using VoLTE) and there have been no blocked or dropped calls so far.

• Like 5

Really curious if it is Sprint or LG that is the hold up on VoLTE for the G7!

• Like 1

And suddenly, VoLTE is off again in Cleveland area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clbowens said:

And suddenly, VoLTE is off again in Cleveland area.

And back on!  🙂

VoLTE seems to come and go as it wishes now.  

Right now, it's off.  I've restarted my phone and still nothing.

• Like 1

Experienced my first VoLTE call in Orlando last night, and it was pretty nice. 

• Like 4

Calls to Verizon have been consistently very clear with VoLTE and VoWiFi. The only time I experienced any issues was when I was walking outside on a college campus and the call kept trying to hand off back and forth between weak WiFi and LTE. Even then the call never dropped completely. The person on the other end said that I would go in and out occasionally.

On 3/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, Paynefanbro said:

Calls to Verizon have been consistently very clear with VoLTE and VoWiFi. The only time I experienced any issues was when I was walking outside on a college campus and the call kept trying to hand off back and forth between weak WiFi and LTE. Even then the call never dropped completely. The person on the other end said that I would go in and out occasionally.

I'm coming to NYC next weekend for a concert with some friends and I'm really looking forward to experiencing the amazing network and VoLTE for the first time. Gonna be awesome!

-Anthony

• Like 2

i only noticed today but my essential phone has VoLTE operating now.  I was in Puerto Rico and Baltimore last week so I am not sure if it got updated there to be VoLTE active or not (visiting a VOLTE active market activates the feature, would that happen?) or if someone is trolling the northern new england market and thought VoLTE would work at all reliably but...its active, at least for me.

The essential phones does not use VoLTE. It's calling plus with no QOS.

This was verified by a help enthusiast who downloaded and used NSG.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

This was verified by a help enthusiast who downloaded and used NSG.

interesting, but no big deal I guess.  Main thing is the ability to talk and surf at the same time as needed, when away from wifi, finally.

14 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Is there a reason for this? Are Essential Phones not VoLTE capable?

8 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Is there a reason for this? Are Essential Phones not VoLTE capable?

good question but also, why would they wait until now to enable this feature when calling plus has been around forever?