lilotimz

Sprint VoLTE Discussion Thread Redux

4 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Since you know more than anyone on here Bud, you think the S9/ note 9 will get it at some point or do S9 users have to wait for TMO!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

They will get it post nationwide VoLTE launch in the coming weeks. 

• Like 1

That was my point. The S9 is not at all an "old" phone, especially when it's predecessor has it. Lol. 

• Like 1

That was my point. The S9 is not at all an "old" phone, especially when it's predecessor has it. Lol. 
The S8 was one of the Volte test devices that engineers were running around with for more than a year before the soft launch.

The S9 were released a half a year before the soft launch and was not. Therefore it's considered an older device that predates volte while devices that came out after (2019) are considered newer devices which have volte Enabled out the box.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I wonder what's so inherently different between the two that it can't be enabled (yet? At all?) On the S9. Interesting.

I wonder what's so inherently different between the two that it can't be enabled (yet? At all?) On the S9. Interesting.
Almost certainly nothing. Other than the hack Sprint is using to restrict VoLTE access on sites/markets. They probably didn't want to pay Samsung to implement it, when they thought it would be launched by now. So they just hold the update until they want to launch it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My S10 started lighting up the VOLTE indicator in Kailua Hawaii today. Signal strength was noticeably improved (I work in the back of the building in a windowless office with usually no signal).

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@lilotimz Any word on VOLTE for Galaxy S9? Assuming at this point we will have to wait till post merger to get Tmo VOLTE.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

VoLTE working great on my s10 in Houston and upstate NY

@lilotimz Any word on VOLTE for Galaxy S9? Assuming at this point we will have to wait till post merger to get Tmo VOLTE.

As I have stated over and over , devices with no volte current that was launched pre volte soft launch last fall will get it in a software release once the national launch occurs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hasn't the national launch already occured?

1 minute ago, superbluepsd said:

They haven't announced anything about a national VoLTE launch yet.

25 minutes ago, superbluepsd said:

No. The VoLTE enabled flag still exists and is used on the network.