Sign in to follow this  
RAvirani

VoLTE/Calling+ on iPhone

I’ve read scattered reports of iPhones originating calls over LTE all over the country today—Maryland, Alabama, Utah and probably more states. 

Here’s an example:

Thoughts?

• Like 6

My thoughts?  FLIP THE DAMN SWITCH SPRINT!    :D

edit:  tested just a minute ago, and this is not live in Atlanta, GA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shaferz said:

My thoughts?  FLIP THE DAMN SWITCH SPRINT!    :D

edit:  tested just a minute ago, and this is not live in Atlanta, GA

Yup, nothing up here in Seattle either  

I wish they’d get VoLTE up and running but leave it disabled by default. I could see them doing what Verizon did when they initially rolled VoLTE out: requiring users to enable VoLTE on their account (through the website or something) until they’re confident enough to enable it by default. 

• Like 2

Hmmm. Something is definitely going on especially if it’s been reported in multiple states. Maybe sprint is slowly flipping to switch but in stages. I guess from their findings, calling plus worked better than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Yup, nothing up here in Seattle either  

I wish they’d get VoLTE up and running but leave it disabled by default. I could see them doing what Verizon did when they initially rolled VoLTE out: requiring users to enable VoLTE on their account (through the website or something) until they’re confident enough to enable it by default. 

This would ensure that when there's call drops, the user would at least know why. Opt-in would be great, I'd love to start testing it in my market. Every site here is LTE with no drops, I think the experience would be positive. 

• Like 2

I have had it on the note 8 for a little over a month.. its pretty good, like the surf and talk when needed..

CON... if you are in a coverage area that "holds" to long.. then its CRAP.  there are some areas here, on main roads/areas, that have ify LTE -105 to -115, and it gets like old time analog...

For sure need overlap towers to make it awesome.. or a way to switch internal easily...

On 2/9/2018 at 11:19 PM, floorguy said:

I have had it on the note 8 for a little over a month.. its pretty good, like the surf and talk when needed..

CON... if you are in a coverage area that "holds" to long.. then its CRAP.  there are some areas here, on main roads/areas, that have ify LTE -105 to -115, and it gets like old time analog...

For sure need overlap towers to make it awesome.. or a way to switch internal easily...

It's possible that when VoLTE prioritization goes into effect, what you're seeing will go away. -105 to -115 should be completely usable, especially on a low-bandwidth voice call. It's possible that the sites are overloaded with other traffic and low signal just amplifies the problem.