Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

On 12/24/2018 at 9:51 PM, Tengen31 said:

I upgraded to the unlocked S9 plus. Does this not support WiFi calling and 25+26CA?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I don't think Sprint is aggregating Band 25 and Band 26 anywhere currently. Also to activate WiFi calling you have to go into the dialer settings. It's at the bottom.

I don't think Sprint is aggregating Band 25 and Band 26 anywhere currently. Also to activate WiFi calling you have to go into the dialer settings. It's at the bottom.

Actually someone did find it in California. Which dialer setting is it? 

cabbbd94157af97f3fe3adbca5b8ccc7.jpg

7 hours ago, imex99 said:

S9+ update (beta) downloading right now.b02dc3dd999fd1566988f524f2d40f6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How do you get the beta? I just bought the S9 plus on Xmas Eve

4 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

How do you get the beta? I just bought the S9 plus on Xmas Eve

You can't, it's almost over. 

My Google Photos won't backup and sync on Beta 4. Serious problem for me. I've tried all I can think of short of a full factory reset, which I'm not inclined to do as I'm betting it'll still not work after that. 

Hmm, my phone says backup complete from my photos from yesterday.....

My Google Photos won't backup and sync on Beta 4. Serious problem for me. I've tried all I can think of short of a full factory reset, which I'm not inclined to do as I'm betting it'll still not work after that. 

Just now, imex99 said:

Google photos giving you an error or what's up?

No, no error, just says it's backing up photos but never does. The Betas on the S8 did this and was super frustrating. Only this 4th beta is doing it now. 

Well, it looks like it's back up and syncing again. I deleted the app, rebooted, wiped cache in recovery, then reinstalled and let it recover all photos. new ones finally synced. What a hassle. I did find out that this Beta reset all my custom notification noises for things like Textra, Gmail, Twitter, etc. 

1 hour ago, mmark27 said:

Well, it looks like it's back up and syncing again. I deleted the app, rebooted, wiped cache in recovery, then reinstalled and let it recover all photos. new ones finally synced. What a hassle. I did find out that this Beta reset all my custom notification noises for things like Textra, Gmail, Twitter, etc. 

I noticed there is a new sound when you plug in your charger.

• Like 1

I find it. I signed up last night and got it9918308d744c6feaada158eea93ccc74.jpg

• Like 1

Photos saved on an SD card or internal? 
I don't have access to my photos right now. I had the S8 which crapped out so I can't access it. I bought it to CPR to get my stuff to my new S9 plus.

Just now, Tengen31 said:

I find it. I signed up last night and got it

For real??  That's crazy. Wow, had no clue it would still let you in. Welcome and enjoy the bugs! ;) There aren't that many.

For real??  That's crazy. Wow, had no clue it would still let you in. Welcome and enjoy the bugs! [emoji6] There aren't that many.
I haven't installed it should I not do it?

Just now, Tengen31 said:

I haven't installed it should I not do it?

It's quite stable, go ahead a pull the trigger, you are a daring fella. There are only a few oddities, like my photo issue from above. A big one for folks has been calling on Sprint network using the Calling Plus LTE Calling features. Where the call connects but neither side can hear anything, just dead air. My WiFi Calling can be a bit spotty too. This is reportedly solved in the Beta 4, but I haven't had a chance to test it out much yet. Others have  reported mobile data loss, but that can be recovered with a reprovisioning of the Sprint parameters ##SCRTN# from the dialer IF you run into this issue, don't need to do it if you don't. 

It's quite stable, go ahead a pull the trigger, you are a daring fella. There are only a few oddities, like my photo issue from above. A big one for folks has been calling on Sprint network using the Calling Plus LTE Calling features. Where the call connects but neither side can hear anything, just dead air. My WiFi Calling can be a bit spotty too. This is reportedly solved in the Beta 4, but I haven't had a chance to test it out much yet. Others have  reported mobile data loss, but that can be recovered with a reprovisioning of the Sprint parameters ##SCRTN# from the dialer IF you run into this issue, don't need to do it if you don't. 

I don't have calling plus on my S9 cause it's the unlocked model

Unlocked s9+ supports wifi calling. You have to enable it on sprint.com first and then enable it on your phone. 
I'm just curious does anyone else have an unlocked s9 and is still on November 1 security patch? Or are all the Dec 1 patch updates for those in the beta program? 
Beta for now. Full release is still on a Nov patch. Rev ...ark5

• Like 2

Anyone having issues with fast chargeing on there S9 plus? Mine isn't working after the update.

Sure right after I post this it starts working.

• Like 1