Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

16 minutes ago, JossMan said:

So far it seems like the S9+ keep a more stable signal on 2500MHz. 

On the S8 Oreo beta, that is the case.  The Oreo build made a difference.  Even sitting in front of a B25 only site, it will switch over to any usable B41. Only down side with that, when on Calling Plus and with a weak B41, it would not switch over to other bands even when call quality going to crap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shannonbrian said:

waiting on s10

Me too, and I haven't even picked up my GS9+ yet.  :D

Hoping the S10 will have a more drastic design change such as under-glass FPS and ~99% screen-to-body ratio.

Me too, and I haven't even picked up my GS9+ yet.  [emoji3]
Hoping the S10 will have a more drastic design change such as under-glass FPS and ~99% screen-to-body ratio.
Oh yeah I definitely agree. Getting rid of the fingerprint scanner from the body of the phone and put it under the screen is much more aesthetically pleasing to my eye. And hopefully a 3 camera system in the next few years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I received my unlocked 9+ today from Samsung. They shipped me the wrong sim card.  They offered $25 gift card for the hassle.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Jeez, every carrier aggregation combo under the stars is available on that phone. How do you get to that menu?

##DATA#

Edit, type 000000 for MSL, then click LTE Followed by CA enabled.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

##DATA#

Edit, type 000000 for MSL, then click LTE Followed by CA enabled.

i m having trouble deciding on if i should get the s9+ or keep my note 8....lol decisions decisions...

12 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Is that non-contiguous B41CA I see!?!

Unlock model only has the top 3 on that list.  Interesting. 

Just now, bucdenny said:

Damn, that's what I was afraid of.  I'm sure a firmware flash of the Sprint ROM would achieve the same results as the Sprint-sold version.

1 hour ago, danlodish345 said:

i m having trouble deciding on if i should get the s9+ or keep my note 8....lol decisions decisions...

I'll be  honest, the s9+ is a great device, I'm definitely loving it so far but its very much a marginal upgrade from the s8+ so there is no way I would give up a note 8 just to go to the s9+.  Let me also state that along with the s9+, I do have a note 8 for my business and that s-pen has come in handy more than a few times, so the only thing that can replace the note 8 would have to be the note 9.

• Like 3

The S8 with Oreo RF performs same as S9. No huge upgrades for me other than more CA options and 4x4 MIMO when available. 

This is the first phone with B26+B41 and B25+B41 carrier aggregation. Do we know if Sprint has this live in the field? This will solve the low upload speeds in areas with a weak B41 signal.

Following that guide from XDA, were you able to activate Calling Plus on your Unlocked Galaxy S9+? It's not working on mine - both the GS8+ & GS9+.

The guide is here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/help/sprint-calling-plus-update-unlocked-s8-t3730053

And it says:

Guys, I found a way to make VoLTE calling work on my unlocked s8 plus.
1. In Nova launcher add widget -> Activities 
2. Add LTE Test -> click VoLTE Test UI-> turn on first 2 setting.
3. Add Enhanced LTE Services and select this option.
4. Restart and enjoy.

=======

For those with a Sprint model GS8 or GS9 with working Calling Plus, would you mind posting a screenshot of that VoLTE Test UI screen?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, avb said:

This is the first phone with B26+B41 and B25+B41 carrier aggregation. Do we know if Sprint has this live in the field? This will solve the low upload speeds in areas with a weak B41 signal.

Soon I think. I believe Massive Mimo atennas are capable of TDD/FDD CA. According to Samsung their Massive Mimo Atennas will be capabale

“The new CDU 30, along with its new advanced LTE software features, will provide for Gigabit level speeds through features like TDD-FDD carrier aggregation, as well as inter-band FDD carrier aggregation with downlink support for 256QAM.”