Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

2 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

S9+ has the same size battery as the s8+ 3500mah.

Yeah, I was thinking about the s7 edge which is 3600.

You'll need to ask for the BYOD card probably. Only like 2 popular mid range devices uses it so it's a pretty rare card to have around. 

Just make sure they get the card with such specified info. 
I stopped by a corporate Sprint store & showed the associate your table & he sold me this card.

20180312_164847.jpg

The BYOD SIM Kit number on the package, which is on the bar code, shows a matching number: 760492036429. It also says BYODSKVer3.0

UPC on the card says: 854798005170

Part #: SIMOLW506TQ

On the SIM card & underneath the ICCID, it says: SOI0002a.

The tech said it'll work with the S9/S9+. Is this true, you think?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I stopped by a corporate Sprint store & showed the associate your table & he sold me this card.

20180312_164847.jpg

The BYOD SIM Kit number on the package, which is on the bar code, shows a matching number: 760492036429. It also says BYODSKVer3.0

UPC on the card says: 854798005170

Part #: SIMOLW506TQ

On the SIM card & underneath the ICCID, it says: SOI0002a.

The tech said it'll work with the S9/S9+. Is this true, you think?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Yep that's the right one!

The third BYOD Sim type (CSIM, ISIM v1, ISIM v2).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My phone is in Philly now lol, too bad I'll be at work when it's delivered. :( Nice gift to come home to though, and rf comparisons will be done before I switch over. Hoping XPUE actually works on this one doesn't make a difference on this 8+.

9 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

My phone is in Philly now lol, too bad I'll be at work when it's delivered. :( Nice gift to come home to though, and rf comparisons will be done before I switch over. Hoping XPUE actually works on this one doesn't make a difference on this 8+.

Mine suppose to be delivered tomorrow, I'll post my observations on RF and HPUE tomorrow.  My house sits around three Sprint cell sites, two of them running 2500MHz.  

• Like 2

On 3/8/2018 at 3:23 PM, danlodish345 said:

Is it just regular purple?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

The lilac purple looks much better than I thought.  

Phone in hand, uninstalling all the bloat and updating apps etc so far I can notice a decent difference in performance compared to the 8+.

Yes MSL is still 000000, unfortunately the default priority list is B25, 26 and then 41 so I had to change that to what it's supposed to be 41, 25 and then 26... Sprint loves to mess this up every time with a new Samsung device. Other than the bloat I like it. :)

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

Phone in hand, uninstalling all the bloat and updating apps etc so far I can notice a decent difference in performance compared to the 8+.

Yes MSL is still 000000, unfortunately the default priority list is B25, 26 and then 41 so I had to change that to what it's supposed to be 41, 25 and then 26... Sprint loves to mess this up every time with a new Samsung device. Other than the bloat I like it. :)

How is the RF?

8 minutes ago, bucdenny said:

How is the RF?

From my limited testing it's about the same on B25 at my house, rarely get B26 or B41 at home lol so I wasnt able to test those. But my S8+ was sitting at 91dBm and my S9+ was sitting at 91dBm after I activated it.

4 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

.... unfortunately the default priority list is B25, 26 and then 41 so I had to change that to what it's supposed to be 41, 25 and then 26... Sprint loves to mess this up every time with a new Samsung device. Other than the bloat I like it. :)

That's not an error. Remember what this list is for. It is for the initial LTE scan. The best band for the phone to scan for is B25. It is the most likely LTE band to be available across the country. B41 or B26 is not guaranteed everywhere. Once you are connected to LTE, the network will dictate what LTE band you are on based on signal strength and availability. If B41 is available, you will be pushed to that relatively quickly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

That's not an error. Remember what this list is for. It is for the initial LTE scan. The best band for the phone to scan for is B25. It is the most likely LTE band to be available across the country. B41 or B26 is not guaranteed everywhere. Once you are connected to LTE, the network will dictate what LTE band you are on based on signal strength and availability. If B41 is available, you will be pushed to that relatively quickly.

That may be but I overrode that lol.