Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

10 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

Oh heavens to Betsy, the shutter sound toggle is STILL in the camera app!! Are non-beta users still seeing the camera shutter sound toggle in Camera Settings?? 

Yeah, no VoLTE yet. Night mode actually sticks now! Camera seems faster, but they kept the swipe format for video recording, which nearly every user in the Beta complained about. Thanks a lot Samsung. (previously it was just a button inside the regular camera mode, which many felt was more convenient). Clock is still on the left instead of the right (no toggle to change that I can find), but that's to prep for the camera punchout on the S10. 

I'll have to test out call quality on WiFi calling, LTE calling, and standard. Was not the best on the Betas for me. 

I have the S9+ and I was on the Beta. My update was 243 MB in size instead of 2 giggles. 

I can toggle the shutter sounds on and off and I came from the beta.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mmark27 said:

Clock is still on the left instead of the right (no toggle to change that I can find), but that's to prep for the camera punchout on the S10.

I'm pretty sure the clock arrangement is just a part of Pie now. It can be changed but most OEMs, whether they use a notch or not, have split the clock from the battery and network indicators. 

If they didn't enable VoLTE then I would assume they must realize the network still isn't fully ready for it yet.  If that's the case then why are some phones allowed to to use it? Whatever the case, there is obviously a clear reason for it. I guess we just aren't yet privy to it.

8 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

If they didn't enable VoLTE then I would assume they must realize the network still isn't fully ready for it yet.  If that's the case then why are some phones allowed to to use it? Whatever the case, there is obviously a clear reason for it. I guess we just aren't yet privy to it.

I'm willing to bet that Samsung was more concerned with getting Pie out as soon as possible despite of any other features that are carrier specific. 

13 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

That's not volte. That's calling plus now rebranded as LTE calling.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ahh.  Oops.  Here is how I found it, by searching

VoLTE.jpg

11 hours ago, JossMan said:

I noticed after the recent update, I still have the Samsung members app.  I thought they would get rid of this after the final release??

Yeah I had it on mine as well, but I just did a format so I'm back to stock and it's gone now.

I just got an update this morning.to my Galaxy S9. Some of the icons were changed.  Now it looks like a phone for the kindergarten.
Not professional looking at all.
Screenshots?

27 minutes ago, Jeff68005 said:

I just got an update this morning.to my Galaxy S9. Some of the icons were changed.  Now it looks like a phone for the kindergarten.

Not professional looking at all.

I guess it could be your review of the new UI elements, but perhaps you also have "Easy Mode" turned on? The icons didn't change all that much with the Android Pie update. The Settings Menus have changed visually. Easy Mode is ridiculous looking, so maybe it's that. Search settings for Easy Mode to find the toggle. 

Easy Mode is turned off.  My displeasure is the Message, clock, contacts, Gallery and phone icon changes which are the focus of my eye when I made the comments.  Just give me the old fashioned icons.

T-Mobile finally updated their model of the S9 so the unlocked version shouldn't be very far behind. 
I'm waiting for mine to get the Android pie update. I have the T-Mobile version as well as Sprint and my T-Mobile version does not have Android pie yet

• Like 1