Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

I forgot to post that when my phone dropped from WiFi Calling to LTE calling while I was on the phone with Magic Box support, the VoLTE icon popped up in the top right corner. I'm on the OneUI beta with an unlocked S9+.

JLSQocR.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

I forgot to post that when my phone dropped from WiFi Calling to LTE calling while I was on the phone with Magic Box support, the VoLTE icon popped up in the top right corner. I'm on the OneUI beta with an unlocked S9+. JLSQocR.jpg

Nice! We're you connected to the MB while on the call? 

Did you have calling plus and wifi calling on?

I forgot to post that when my phone dropped from WiFi Calling to LTE calling while I was on the phone with Magic Box support, the VoLTE icon popped up in the top right corner. I'm on the OneUI beta with an unlocked S9+. JLSQocR.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am eagerly waiting for VoLTE on my unlocked S9. It has been incredible frustrating especially here in LA. Google maps is needed to get around unforeseen traffic problems, but will not update if I am on a call. Since I am usually chatting on the phone while driving longer distances, it would be a huge help! Given that Android P seems to be moving through beta well, hopefully it is implemented in the next month or so! If that comes with VoLTE enabled I will be a happy camper.

Side-note I have been with Sprint since 2003 or so. I don't really understand all the concerns with network. It's honestly oddly exciting to keep getting updates instead of having everything just available. Am I the only one who feels this way?

2 hours ago, livetaswim06 said:

Google maps is needed to get around unforeseen traffic problems, but will not update if I am on a call. Since I am usually chatting on the phone while driving longer distances, it would be a huge help!

Hopefully you are also using the Google Maps off-line feature for your main driving areas, which would then speed up the traffic reporting when you have data signal since less map data would be needed at that time.  Sprint drive would also help, but of course more $$.

I don't really use google maps offline, since the second I hang up the call it updates instantly. I just have to keep calls short or do the hang up, call back game. Traffic can be so weird in LA. One example, driving from airport at 1 am, there was an accident on a major freeway closing all lanes. If I didn't have maps on it would never have told me to take an earlier exit to avoid a 20 minute parking lot jam. That being said I wasn't on the phone, but this kind of thing happens in large cities all the time. Just knowing the city well won't help at all. 

• Like 1

There's a new Beta update out today. It brings back the "close all" button for 3rd party launchers and is very, very snappy and fluid all around. Good updates in this Beta. Still have to try out the LTE calling on this one as the last version was flaky for me when I called my wife on LTE calling. We will see....

Oh yeah, the shutter sound toggle is stiiiiillll there. Hopefully it stays! I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mmark27 said:

There's a new Beta update out today. It brings back the "close all" button for 3rd party launchers and is very, very snappy and fluid all around. Good updates in this Beta. Still have to try out the LTE calling on this one as the last version was flaky for me when I called my wife on LTE calling. We will see....

Oh yeah, the shutter sound toggle is stiiiiillll there. Hopefully it stays! I'm not holding my breath.

Weird I didn't get a notification from the Samsung Members app about a new update, but there it was glad the clock is fixed had to install Google's clock app which isn't as nice.

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 1