Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

This beta is pretty sweet, minus a few weird quirks. Never have I ever gotten this far down with such a high sot, I've hit 5 at about 20%. If I didn't have to go to work in the morning I would push it further I can really see 7 possibly 8 hours of sot.

Screenshot-20181123-020517-Settings.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 9:18 PM, Paynefanbro said:

This is a million times more stable than the S8 beta last year and it seems like Google Pay still works. 

Edit: Google Pay doesn't work.

This is why I didn't even bother with the beta this year, had way too many issues with the s8 beta and just don't feel like being bothered with it this year.

• Like 1

Why don't you just use Samsung pay?

This is why I didn't even bother with the beta this year, had way too many issues with the s8 beta and just don't feel like being bothered with it this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, imex99 said:

Why don't you just use Samsung pay?

Oh, I was referring to the fact the s8 beta was a total mess in general not about mobile payments specifically.  I use samsung pay for everything. 

• Like 1

If any one wants calling plus again on beta, dial ##72786# and when is done, you can activate LTE calling beta. Credit goes to Jesito473.6ccd563911fe00a95a04e331d3283722.jpg

The update brought lte calling back without having to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

The update brought lte calling back without having to do this.

4 minutes ago, Jesito473 said:

Maybe for you, but not for a handful of us.

Yes, I had to update profile to enable the toggle. 

• Like 2

If any one wants calling plus again on beta, dial ##72786# and when is done, you can activate LTE calling beta. Credit goes to Jesito473.6ccd563911fe00a95a04e331d3283722.jpg

How do I access that screen?  I have a 965U1.

Turning on LTE calling rendered my phone calling useless. It would dial but then there was just nothing on the other end, total silence. When I disabled the LTE calling portion of it, it worked fine. So unless other people are having a better experience, I would wait.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Just installed, can't think of anything I ran into with the last beta except for the frozen lock screen which only happened two times. Hopefully this one is just as good.

With this new update, do we still have the ability to toggle on/off the camera shutter sound?

5 hours ago, mmark27 said:

Turning on LTE calling rendered my phone calling useless. It would dial but then there was just nothing on the other end, total silence. When I disabled the LTE calling portion of it, it worked fine. So unless other people are having a better experience, I would wait.

I had the same problem, doing a profile update fixed it.

14 minutes ago, NanoVirus said:

With this new update, do we still have the ability to toggle on/off the camera shutter sound?

Yes.

• Like 1

I did the dialer code reset and then did the profile update. My test worked for the phone call using LTE calling. 

When it failed I was at my Target that has a Magic Box....I wonder if that was the issue? Wife was NOT pleased, lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmark27 said:

I did the dialer code reset and then did the profile update. My test worked for the phone call using LTE calling. 

When it failed I was at my Target that has a Magic Box....I wonder if that was the issue? Wife was NOT pleased, lol. 

Before I did the profile update it looked to be trying to make a call over WiFi even though I wasn't on WiFi, did the profile update and it was all back to normal.🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, NanoVirus said:

Well I performed the update, did the dialer code reset and now I have lost the option for voice networks. Was hoping to take advantage of calling plus.

I don't think that trick works on our Unlocked model GS9+.

• Like 1